WiP July 5 - 11, 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WiP July 5 - 11, 2019

Midweek holidays always throw me off; today feels like Monday LOL.

I'm feeling a bit better, though a ticklish cough is lingering. I hope to have enough energy this weekend to dig out from under the disaster that my house has become over the last couple of weeks. There's a laundry mountain to tackle at least. And hopefully there will even be some crafting time. And I need to give my quilt guild treasurer duties some attention before the meeting on Tuesday next week.

I am still working on the hand applique of blocks for Aunt Lottie's Garden. I also need to do a couple of blocks for a Quilt of Valor that the guild is doing - I have the fabric out on my table to cut when I get home tonight. Lots to stay busy with.

What are you working on?

Re: WiP July 5 - 11, 2019

I am working on the bridge blocks for the Peace Seeker pattern. I have 12 green bridge blocks completed and one white. I need to make 19 more white blocks. Pink flowers will be appliqued on where the blocks come together.
    100_5056.JPG
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

I started quilting the log cabin hearts and bought some pink Pounce powder for setting triangles. Unfortunately it's too pale, so I will have to go out and get the blue. I also used a Frixion turquoise pen to mark the halls and I can't seem to rub it all off. Oh well I will figure it out.

I realize that I have many projects I need to start and finish soon. A baby quilt requested by my GFs 3 sisters for their niece - shower in August. Also a simple valance for GF, just need to get'er done. Also a few VictorIa quilts that I said I would do over summer. I need motivation as I prefer to work on my other projects.

It's xmas in July around here, both my kids, my 2 steps sons and my DH will be 75. There's also a few days babysitting one or several of 6 GKs for hours or days. With the heat and humidity, I will escape to recover and retreat to my sewing room.

Threadbndr - I used to get sick after I travelled for work. I attributed it to recirculated air on planes, germy airports and cabs and hotel remotes and phones. I once developed a serious bronco-pneumonia where I could not work for 3 months, could barely talk and breathe. After that I would cover my nose/mouth with light scarf when on planes. I also carried Lysol wipes to use on light switches, doorknobs, TV remotes, phone and any surface that is often overlooked by cleaning staff. Never got sick after that. I still do, and rarely succumb.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Moda Bake Shop - Block 7 - Sun Flare.....

MBS Block 7 Sun Flare (780x800).jpg
        Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Connector blocks done for the Peace Seeker pattern.
          100_5060.JPG

I have two more borders to piece. I want to do them before the applique in case I need to adjust my fabric colors I select for the applique flowers.
          Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Originally posted by DeniseSm View Post
            Connector blocks done for the Peace Seeker pattern.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]159813[/ATTACH]

I have two more borders to piece. I want to do them before the applique in case I need to adjust my fabric colors I select for the applique flowers.
            Beautiful!
            If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Well they say pride goes before a fall. Here I thought I was doing such a great job with my perfectly pointed points. I finished the last two borders and they are a full 1" longer than the other borders.

100_5068.JPG

Maybe I can ease in 1" over 80" but it sure won't be fun. I am off drown my sorrows in chocolate.

Comment

Denise, it is still beautiful, and I'm sure you'll make it work.

Comment

I would absolutely be tearing my hair out. I enlarged your picture and counted squares and looked over every inch and I do not see where you could have made a mistake that would make you off by that much. Maybe if you put it away for tonight and take a fresh look tomorrow? Or read your pattern over again maybe something will jump out at you. This looks like a pretty difficult one. Hope you can figure it out.

Comment

Denise , you do such stunning work, i am you can get it

Comment

I have been working on a set of 12 washcloths and 6 bath towels for my YD's birthday. They now have pandas, bamboo and/or panda tracks on them. I will post them here if I can, if not in my embroidery album.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X