Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WiP May 24 - 30, 2019

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Re: WiP May 24 - 30, 2019

    Claire - it sounds like a very successful road trip. I love those fabulous finds.

    I finished the FMQ of the musical quilt, made and sewed the binding. I think that's a record. 280' hand sewn in less than 4 hrs. I just need to make the label for a dear friend who owns a music store and make a date to give it to him.

    image.jpg image.jpg

    I think if I don't stress about the quilting, I can get them done.

    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

    Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

    Comment


      #17
      Re: WiP May 24 - 30, 2019

      Suzanne, I love your quilt. I can see that having a place of pride in his shop if he doesn't use it at home.
      sigpic

      Comment


        #18
        Re: WiP May 24 - 30, 2019

        Suzanne, oh my gosh! Your quilt is fantastically beautiful! I love the whole thing....the music theme is wonderful, the fabrics are so pretty, the composition of all the various facets of the design is fabulous, and your FMQ is gorgeous! I see a quilt show winner!!!
        A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

        Comment


          #19
          Re: WiP May 24 - 30, 2019

          Claire, how fun to have such a rewarding and productive day! Wish I could find a little quilt shop in the woods. I can't wait to see what your new adventurous project looks like.
          A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

          Comment


            #20
            Re: WiP May 24 - 30, 2019

            Still haven't blown away, though last night's round was close. My foster son's town (Lawrence) was hit, but not his neighborhood. And some of the damage is along my commute route. OK, spring, enough storms, already.

            Needless to say, I had trouble getting to sleep last night. Good news for my hand piecing - eight more 3.5 inch seams to go.......

            Comment


              #21
              Re: WiP May 24 - 30, 2019

              Originally posted by threadbndr View Post
              Still haven't blown away, though last night's round was close. My foster son's town (Lawrence) was hit, but not his neighborhood. And some of the damage is along my commute route. OK, spring, enough storms, already.

              Needless to say, I had trouble getting to sleep last night. Good news for my hand piecing - eight more 3.5 inch seams to go.......
              Oh my, this is very close to my husband's aunt and cousins. I will get him to check up on them.

              Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

              Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

              Comment


                #22
                Re: WiP May 24 - 30, 2019

                This is getting really old. We have been in NW Arkansas only two months and we have already had THREE tornado warnings (not watches warning, meaning a tornado on the ground in the area.) No damage yet. We can pack the valuables and food/water into the closet in under three minutes flat. Also room for both of us in the closet. (Not as romantic as it sounds)
                Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Re: WiP May 24 - 30, 2019

                  Originally posted by DeniseSm View Post
                  This is getting really old. We have been in NW Arkansas only two months and we have already had THREE tornado warnings (not watches warning, meaning a tornado on the ground in the area.) No damage yet. We can pack the valuables and food/water into the closet in under three minutes flat. Also room for both of us in the closet. (Not as romantic as it sounds)
                  Yeah, one of my 'have to haves' for a house in Kansas is a basement with a safe room. Mine is under the front porch - all concrete and stone masonry, including the top. Driving to work and seeing the damage first hand this morning was surreal.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Re: WiP May 24 - 30, 2019

                    Originally posted by threadbndr View Post
                    Yeah, one of my 'have to haves' for a house in Kansas is a basement with a safe room. Mine is under the front porch - all concrete and stone masonry, including the top. Driving to work and seeing the damage first hand this morning was surreal.
                    When my father-in-law's house went up for sale last year, I thought it would sell faster as it had a basement. Apparently a lot of people feel they don't need it. I would think this is a MUsT when you live in tornado alley. My DH remembers as a kid, when the sirens blew, all the neighbours would come to their house, as it was one of few on the street that had a basement.

                    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

                    Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Re: WiP May 24 - 30, 2019

                      I am making my first quilt with blocks set on point. Each pieced block sits next to a plain white one. I was 3/4 of the way done. Today I sat back admiring my work when I noticed a BIG FAT MISTAKE!! I was trying to decide if I should add a thin plain white border around the edge so the points on the pieced blocks don't get covered up with the binding. Then I noticed that on 2 sides there already is a white square at the edge, but on the other 2 sides is a pieced block at the edge. I read the pattern over 4 times before starting and nowhere did it say start and end each row with a plain white square. Are you supposed to just know this? I was so careful (I thought) putting it together. Time for the old seam ripper- grrr!! I guess on a positive note I have plenty of white fabric to cut the extra pieces I need and at least I discovered this before I started quilting it. I am just so annoyed at myself for not seeing this sooner.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X