X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    replied
    Re: WiP March 22 - 28, 2019

I picked up my Boomerang quilt at LAQ on Wednesday I found fabric for binding in my stash, so cut it, sewed it on, and I started hand sewing tonight. It's king size. Tomorrow morning, I pick up that other quilt that I decided to drop off last Saturday at LAQ. It's a big lap quilt. She said she would have it done quickly, as she's off to Hawaii for 2 weeks.

That's my progress this week. Get someone else to quilt my tops.

Leave a comment:

• DeniseSm
    replied

I got the first half diamond unit assembled for Mosaic Mountains. I need to make five more of this unit, then the rest of the units are just plain rectangles (no points, yeah)
    100_4926.JPG
    I heard from the title company this morning ( some poor person had to work on a Sunday) that they got the final closing documents from the buyers lender. Closing on my Texas house is a go

Leave a comment:

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    replied

Good evening,
    I finished quilting my Canadiana 150 yesterday and today I finished hand sewing the binding. I don't know why I didn't quilt it earlier. I think I had grandideas of doing a lot of special stuff, but when I started, I realized it was very linear, and I just let the blocks talk to me. I did switch thread colours, from linen, gold, merlot and black. I changed the bobbin thread to either linen or black. The backing was perfect as the bobbin thread blends with the black, beige and gray plaid flannel. It's done. Yippee!

image.jpg

I also also prepped the backing and the backing for another quilt top. I may get it quilted by LAQ as I want dragonflies.

I would like to prep more backs for other quilt tops waiting to be finished. Possibly work on UFOs.

Good luck Denise on your move. I fully understand how sewing can relieve any stress. I always plan for melt-down days and then get back to life.

Leave a comment:

• DeniseSm
    replied

Closing day for selling my Texas home is March 26. My sewing room is packed up except for one 15 quart portable snap top container. That is all I have to work from. I am so stressed. If it wasn't for my quilting to distract me... well who knows. I have a small nervous breakdown penciled in for my first day in the new house. I've earned it.

I am working on the Mosaic Mountains kit in the warm colorway. All pieces cut and the triangle and half rectangle blocks are assembled. Oops I assembled half the half rectangle blocks wrong (some point left and some point right.) Plenty of extra fabric so I cut some more and assembled them with the correct orientation. Using the Tri Tool ruler and the Recs Tool ruler from EZQuilting so I didn't have to measure or mark anything worked great.

100_4922.JPG

I have the first four corner units assembled. Such a happy quilt.
    100_4924.JPG

Assuming the internet gets connected next Friday as scheduled, the next WIP update should be coming from my new home in Arkansas.

Leave a comment:

• threadbndr
    started a topic WiP March 22 - 28, 2019

WiP March 22 - 28, 2019

Everybody is so busy, and soon the yard work will be competing with the crafting as well!

I'm down to just 1 block on the machine and one block by hand and I can start the assembly on "It was the 80s"!!! This is Pat Sloan's "Solstice" from her block of the week a couple years ago. It's asymmetrical, so it's put together in sections instead of rows. This will be a learning curve!

Hope everyone has a great week crafting.
Working...
X