X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RockinLou
    replied
    Re: WiP Jan 4 - 10, 2019

I try to give myself an hour a day, but it doesn't get me very far very fast!!! I'm binding the little table topper I made this week.... will probably finish it tomorrow as I need to get some sleep now.... can't keep the eyes open

Leave a comment:

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    replied

Originally posted by RockinLou View Post
    Beautiful!! I don't know where you find the time!! <3
    I really have to plan my quilt time, even I'm supposed to be retired.

Leave a comment:

• RockinLou
    replied

Beautiful!! I don't know where you find the time!! <3

Originally posted by SuzanneOrleansOntario View Post
    Well I got the two cushion covers done. Winter Panels by In The Beginning by Julie Pascheski. I FMQ areas of the panels.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]156978[/ATTACH].

Tomorrow I will make two pillowcases from Artisan Spirit fabric for my GF's birthday to match the quilt and coordinating items I made her.

Leave a comment:

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    replied

Well I got the two cushion covers done. Winter Panels by In The Beginning by Julie Pascheski. I FMQ areas of the panels.

image.jpg.

Tomorrow I will make two pillowcases from Artisan Spirit fabric for my GF's birthday to match the quilt and coordinating items I made her.

Leave a comment:

• DeniseSm
    replied

So excited. Just signed up for a hands on class on Thread Painting using a Frond panel at my local quilt shop for Jan 30. This will be my first hands on class in a year. We get to play with all different kinds of thread. I also learned that since I am long arm certified I can quilt charity panels on the long arm the last day of the month. Happy day. Wish me luck.

Leave a comment:

• RockinLou
    replied

I'll be at JoAnn this weekend... I really love your ideas .... I try to do holiday themed runners. This year I couldn't find my Christmas runner to save my life.... then randomly found it this weekend in a bin of old toys from when the kids were babies. I mean, seriously, only my husband could have placed it there!!!

I'm super busy but trying to carve out time for my sewing- last night I basted the little table topper and hot pad I made for myself last week and tonight I'm going to get the quilting going on the patchwork topper before I retire for the night. Progress.... every little bit counts!

Leave a comment:

• KnitWitRosie
    replied

Binding is going on. Thinking I may just wait until they're all done and I have another few projects done and then I'll have myself a little hand-binding party.

Leave a comment:

• Debbie MM
    replied

My plans for this week is to get my goddaughter quilt mailed and get the binding cutout for the other quilt that needs to be bounded

Leave a comment:

• KnitWitRosie
    replied

Originally posted by threadbndr View Post
    I saw that batting at JoAnns the other day. You'll have to let us know how it goes!
    I've got all six placemats done, just working on the binding today! It was soooooo easy! I literally breezed thru all six in no time! Used 10 different FQs for them and still have leftovers. Thinking I may go pickup the other design they have and do St. Patrick's Day ones

I'll post pics here in a few

Leave a comment:

• KnitWitRosie
    replied

That quilt is GORGEOUS!!! Absolutely stunning!!!

Leave a comment:

• DeniseSm
    replied

Oh the possibilities. I had so much fun trying different arrangements of the Tessalla blocks. The pattern shows four different layout options on page 6. I like this arrangement best.
    100_4808.JPG

Leave a comment:

• threadbndr
    replied

I saw that batting at JoAnns the other day. You'll have to let us know how it goes!

Leave a comment:

• Sylvia H
    replied

Well, I'm going to make a try at it again to get back my quilting mojo! I have a flannel throw quilt to layer, baste and quilt. So that will be my focus for the coming week. I also have 2 doctor appointments and a quilt guild meeting this week. That actually makes for a busy week for me. My energy level is still variable. One thing I will be asking the new doctor is if I should be continuing my iron suppliments, or if there is something else I should be taking. The gastroenterologist who prescribed the suppliments is no help. I talked to a nurse a few weeks about this, and still haven't received an answer. Calling them back doesn't help - I always have to leave a message, and no one gets back to me! I will not be seeing this doc for any follow up visits!

Hope everyone has a good week.

Leave a comment:

• DeniseSm
    replied

Just finished my first 5000 yard cone of grey thread. It lasted two years!
    100_4796.jpg

I have finished all 20 blocks of Tessalla pattern from the Gelato jelly roll. Now I need to pick a pleasing arrangement and assemble.

100_4804.jpg

Leave a comment:

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    replied

So far this month, I am still assembling the rows of the Boomerang quilt. I use numbered pins when I sew the rows, as it's easy to sew the wrong ones together. So far it works, but slower. I have a large design wall, but not enough for a king size quilt, so I will have to lay out in sections. I made the blocks (~240) last year, and I think from my notes that I may still need to make more blocks. If not, it will be the size it is. I love that Kona has a similar colour of the year, Splash.

image.jpg image.jpg

When I need a distraction from this, I FMQ pillow tops. image.jpg

My schedule is busy Saturday, Monday & Tuesday, so I may not be sewing too much this week. But who knows. Sometimes when I'm busy, I get to my sewing room more often as it de-stresses me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X