WiP Oct 19 - 25, 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WiP Oct 19 - 25, 2018

Thought I put this thread up on Friday, but must have just thought about it. Start of the busy season at work, all our seasonal contracts change on the first of November.

No crafting of note this week; I did get the finishing done on a pincushion in a wood base and knit some on a pair of socks.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. How are things going in your part of the world?

Re: WiP Oct 19 - 25, 2018

Good day,
    I was at an in-town retreat Oct 19-21. First time for 3 days, and the location is really close to home.

I shared my lessons learned on another thread on how to have a productive retreat. Next time I will be better prepared.

I did finish the blocks and sashing for the Ribbon Star quilt. I could have pieced it, but I prefered to lay it out on my design wall, rather than a dusty floor. I might get it done this week if I focus and shut out the world. I am almost finished hand sewing the binding on my blue squares quilt, but stopped because the arthritis nodules on my fingers were flared from so much sewing at retreat. I did two 9-9 and one 11-4 day. Another lesson learned, take breaks. I did use the Accuquilt machine to make black cats. Next time I will use the letters, numbers and bird dies.

image.jpg image.jpg

Have a good week.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzanneOrleansOntario View Post
      Good day,
      I was at an in-town retreat Oct 19-21. First time for 3 days, and the location is really close to home.

I shared my lessons learned on another thread on how to have a productive retreat. Next time I will be better prepared.

I did finish the blocks and sashing for the Ribbon Star quilt. I could have pieced it, but I prefered to lay it out on my design wall, rather than a dusty floor. I might get it done this week if I focus and shut out the world. I am almost finished hand sewing the binding on my blue squares quilt, but stopped because the arthritis nodules on my fingers were flared from so much sewing at retreat. I did two 9-9 and one 11-4 day. Another lesson learned, take breaks. I did use the Accuquilt machine to make black cats. Next time I will use the letters, numbers and bird dies.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]155679[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]155680[/ATTACH]

Have a good week.
      I really like the look of those star blocks!
      If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Suzanne......your stars sparkle! Beautiful!
        💫 Star lover

Comment

Originally posted by Star lover View Post
          Suzanne......your stars sparkle! Beautiful!
          Thanks. By the way, there is metallic in the fabric.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

We have executed a contract to sell our house in Texas and are in the third and final round of counteroffers to buy a house in Arkansas. If this is my last post for a while it is because I am busying moving to Arkansas.

So far I have completed the piecing on 12 Boxy rectangle blocks using the double wide Dresden ruler. Cutting the pieces from 10" layer cakes is working great. Here is a picture.

100_4709.JPG
            Last edited by DeniseSm; October 23, 2018, 08:21 AM.
            Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Denise, pretty and bright blocks. Love the design. Good Luck on the counter offers and your probable upcoming move to Arkansas. What city in Arkansas are you moving to. We have friends in Conway and sometimes visit them.
              A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Denise, Good luck on your move to Arkansas! Hopefully all the legal and business stuff will sort itself out quickly and easily and you can get packed with a minimum of hassle.

Comment

Congrats on the sale of Texas home and good luck with your move to Arkansas. Your blocks are gorgeous as always.

Comment

Suzanne those stars are so pretty! Love the fabric choices!
                    Jerri

Comment

Working...
                    X