WiP June 29 - July 5, 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WiP June 29 - July 5, 2018

End of the month already??? The summer is going by too fast! To those in the US, have a safe and happy Independence Day next week.

I'm going to enjoy a crafting day that day. My kids and grandkids are going to a friends for a BBQ, my sister and her SO are camping at the lake, I'm not going to try to find parking at the fireworks display.

I think a small watermelon, grilling dinner and lots of guilt free quilt are on the menu.

I have a small mug rug for a swap that I need to do. That's my priority for the next little while. I'm doing a sea turtle in batiks. It's cute, but it's the most complex foundation paper piecing that I've ever done! And I'm thinking about doing some 'waves' machine quilting on it via walking foot. (My FMQ quilting is still baby beginner.)

Re: WiP June 29 - July 5, 2018

I love waving walking foot quilting...I did a lot of it on my batik quilt.

Only 19 more blocks to hand quilt...out of 49. Then there are the border panels but maybe I can manage some kind of machine quilting in there someplace. I'm glad the backing is dark grey. I've been stabbing myself so much and I don't have to worry as much about bleeding on it :P

Comment

Yesterday, I finished quilting the 1st of 4 Victoria quilt I committed to doing this summer. The top was made by someone else. All I had to do was sandwiched, quilt, attach binding and label. All done. I am using these to practice on my Sweet 16. I am pretty pleased with it, as I think they will be. Our group usually has a group of older ladies who tie the quilts, and only one other lady who machine quilts. Since these are lap size, I figure they are good practice.

image.jpg. image.jpg. image.jpg

I also sandwiched #2 quilt, SID the border and blocks. Today I will do more quilting within the 10" blocks. This is a top that I made during our May meeting, but the tie ladies are behind.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Just finished cutting the last piece for Birthstone Pink Tourmaline. I love these colors together. Aren't they luscious?

100_4364.JPG

Hope everybody has a safe and happy July 4th
        Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

My sewing room was out of bounds for a few days while DH visited a couple of new units there for me. But it has been too hot to do much - I don't cope well with heat. Finally got in on Friday afternoon to start the new Jenny tutorial, I have made a few blocks into a cushion cover for fundraising and am part way through more blocks to make a Linus quilt, I'm using a FQ which has 6 cute fabrics.

We're going to the caravan on Tuesday and will return Thursday afternoon, a few nice days at the coast will be lovely. I've plenty of hand sewing to do to keep me occupied in the evening and my favourite fabric shop will certainly be getting a visit from me!!

Hope all have a great week.

Comment

To commemorate my 35 years of being graduated, I am meeting a classmate from the Missouri hometown in Lebanon, NH today. I decided that she should have a memento of our luncheon and of our classmate bond after all of these years. I hope she likes it....

For Trina Class of 83 reunion table runner front 2018 (387x800).jpg

For Trina Class of 83 reunion table runner back 2018 (373x800).jpg

Class of 83 reunion label 2018 (450x800).jpg
            Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Half way through Birthstone Pink Tourmaline. I love these colors together

100_4368.JPG
              Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Oh brother...the piano key inner border was crooked on the left side of the center. I really want those to look straight but it seems to involve more sewing. I'm not going to think about it anymore tonight. Like Scarlett said, "I'll think about it tomorrow! "

Comment

Well the high temperatures here are relentless. Yesterday for Canada day, our temperature rose to 47 degrees Celsius (116 F) with humidity. It is unbearable. The week is looking much the same, so this is like when we have -30C in winter, I head to sewing room.

I sandwiched, quilted and attached binding on #2 of 4 of a Victoria quilt. I am pleased with the quilting using rulers. I had less than 4 tie-offs needed, so a good continuos pattern. I have another top like this to finish and will use this again.

image.jpg image.jpg

Stay cool and safe this holiday weekend and week.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

You ladies are doing such nice work! Tonight I did surgery on my quilt top and got the inner border straighter. I basically ripped out an area and realigned it right, applying Elmer's school glue under the top seam with a toothpick, ironing that down to dry the glue, then just hand appliqueing the blocks and strips down in place, since the seams have nice folds on them already. It looks okay. This quilt is so large I can't do much but baste the edges with my machine's little throat. But, any basting helps as I can take out the pins so I don't stab myself some more. Using invisible thread, the surgery doesn't show up too much. It looks a lot better than it did, anyway.

Comment

I worked on Oda May's Summer Camp Quilt Along (Moda Bake Shop)......Path A, Round 1 with Medallion!

Oda May's Summer Camp Round 1 July 2018 (800x711).jpg
                      Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

I've been without my "workhorse" for a couple of months and trying to get things sewn with a very old model... poor Annabelle. She's great on the straight stitch, but don't mess with her stitch length. Great News is I pick up my sweetie tomorrow from the "doc" and hopefully that drop the feed dog will work now and not cause me any more problems. The feed dogs went down but wouldn't pop back up.. Hoping to get caught up on my Abuse quilts and finish teaching my good friend to do a bargello quilt for her 4th of July project... ( yeah, I know, we are late, but we don't go as fast as we used to)
                        Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
                        :icon_wave:

Comment

Working...
                        X