• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • threadbndr
    Batting Beauty
    • Jan 2017

WiP Week of 11/6 to 11/12/2017

Looks like everybody had a pretty productive week last week! What are your plans for this week?

I dropped the pieced backing off at the LAQ yesterday. She and I both work outside the home, so Sunday afternoon was our only chance to get together for the next several days.

She liked both the front (Sister's Choice) and the back (Chinese Coins), which makes me happy. I got a chance to see her sewing room this time, and I'm a bit jealous. Her area, counting her business space, is almost as big as my entire house. But I live in what's considered a 'tiny' house these days - 900 square feet or so.

I still have five or six rounds, the bind off, the ends and final photo on my test knit cowl. Photo and comments are due to the designer on Friday, so that's the priority this week.

When I get the knitting done, I will be back to working on my flower garden sets for Aunt Lottie's Garden. I am on set four of ten, so a ways to go on this yet.
  • MaryUK
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2016

Re: WiP Week of 11/6 to 11/12/2017

I'm knitting at the moment (during the evenings), working on a cardigan for DD and a gilet for me - have to have 2 on the go at the same time otherwise boredom sets in.
    I was able to have an hour in my sewing room today and made a Christmas tree ornament - first time ever, got the pattern from YouTube. It's turned out ok, just need to shop for a nice cord the attach to it.
    Hopefully will get more time to sew over the next couple of days as I have LOADS of UFOs to get on with so must get back to it!

Comment

• kimsophia
      Missouri Star
      • Oct 2014

Here's a photo of the perforated paper project in progress. Melchior is the last one.

P1020880.JPG

Comment

• Lori63
        Missouri Star
        • Mar 2015

Wow! Kim those are cool!

This week I'm starting two quilts, one was going to be a flannel nightgown for my granddaughter, but she informed me she wants a blanket out of the fabric. It's Troll flannel, then she picked some Frozen flannel I had in my stash to go with it. It's going to be an interesting quilt, but she's 3!

The other one is a name quilt from Lori Holt's new book. I'm making that for our neighbors who had a baby girl last month.

Haven't even thought if I'm making anything for Christmas, suppose I should start thinking about that...
        Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Spring Bird
          9 Patch Princess
          • Oct 2017

This week I will bind three quilts.
          For Sister M I started a scrappy star from my stash of little pieces, all I need are 4 large flying geese 16X8 and a 2 inch border. quick FMQ quilting will finish it off. Sister provides these passage quilts to all of the patients who are terminally ill at the hospital where I work. She wants a 36 in square to brighten up the bed but not so large it interferes with the nursing care.

Comment

• pcbatiks
            Missouri Star
            • Mar 2012

Working on same quilt......but almost done.......Yay!
            "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
            Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

• Spring Bird
              9 Patch Princess
              • Oct 2017

Originally posted by pcbatiks View Post
              Working on same quilt......but almost done.......Yay!
              I'll be cheering for you

Comment

• Spring Bird
                9 Patch Princess
                • Oct 2017

Originally posted by threadbndr View Post
                Looks like everybody had a pretty productive week last week! What are your plans for this week?

I dropped the pieced backing off at the LAQ yesterday. She and I both work outside the home, so Sunday afternoon was our only chance to get together for the next several days.

She liked both the front (Sister's Choice) and the back (Chinese Coins), which makes me happy. I got a chance to see her sewing room this time, and I'm a bit jealous. Her area, counting her business space, is almost as big as my entire house. But I live in what's considered a 'tiny' house these days - 900 square feet or so.

I still have five or six rounds, the bind off, the ends and final photo on my test knit cowl. Photo and comments are due to the designer on Friday, so that's the priority this week.

When I get the knitting done, I will be back to working on my flower garden sets for Aunt Lottie's Garden. I am on set four of ten, so a ways to go on this yet.
                I remember a country song that love grows best in little spaces. It must, my first 20 years of marriage was in a 900 sqft house. We did relocate and move into 1400 sq feet and I have managed to fill every inch of it.

Comment

• Nashtah
                  Beginning Stitcher
                  • Nov 2017

I am a bit behind as I ordered on Monday the fabric for a large quilt for my grandparents and selected the pattern. So waiting for the fabric to shipped so I can start on the quilt. Due to their newer bed the shape is 105 wide by 87 long.

Comment

• TMP
                    Missouri Star
                    • Apr 2014

I am still working on the blocks for my Star of the West quilt. I have a baby quilt on my long arm and am going back and forth working on both. I have a throw size quilt laying in the den that I am putting binding on. I need to finish something. This last year I have been bad and I don't know why. I used to never let myself have several things started. I bought fabric for a Thanksgiving table runner and I so want to start that.
                    Teresa
                    Pelham, Alabama
                    War Eagle!!!

Comment

• Dollyquilts
                      The Guild President
                      • Jan 2014

I've told myself that I couldn't sew until I got my taxes to my accountant. Well, I finally got that taken care of and my fabric came in yesterday, so I'm about to take the plunge. I haven't been piecing or doing anything else because of health reasons and back pain. I'm not holding back. I'm going to begin a king quilt for my bed. It's a pretty ambitious project, but I am determined to finish it. I plan to send it out for quilting.

Comment

• RockinLou
                        Missouri Star
                        • Oct 2014

I finished a quilt top today! I'm going to take a break and work on some underwear sewing before I baste it and quilt it!

Comment

• pcbatiks
                          Missouri Star
                          • Mar 2012

I cut my binding for the yellow/gray quilt last night and plan to work on that today. All that is left after that is the label. WooHoo!
                          "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                          Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

• Spring Bird
                            9 Patch Princess
                            • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Spring Bird View Post
                            This week I will bind three quilts.
                            For Sister M I started a scrappy star from my stash of little pieces, all I need are 4 large flying geese 16X8 and a 2 inch border. quick FMQ quilting will finish it off. Sister provides these passage quilts to all of the patients who are terminally ill at the hospital where I work. She wants a 36 in square to brighten up the bed but not so large it interferes with the nursing care.
                            Scrappy star is just where I left it last week. I did get the binding on a stained glass item I started over 15 yrs ago.

Comment

• KPH
                              Missouri Star
                              • Feb 2015

The tops of the three Christmas Flannels quilts are done, the backs of the same quilts are done, and finally the binding is done. Now, I guess it's time to go get some batting. I'm hoping to have the three of them quilted by my DS's Family Fun Day (aka, the day after Thanksgiving). J says he doesn't want an early Christmas present, but... the merry threesome is getting them.
                              Katrina
                              From NC, retired in FL
                              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
                              X