Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIP - 2/8/17 - WARNING - Leave Me Alone

16472994_10154512021387261_6804081160150357264_n.jpg

Well, honestly, this does not apply to me. I have not been quilting; I have not been sewing. I have been cleaning and cooking new recipes. I guess I am on a hiatus from quilting, as I am feeling no desire to do anything in my sewing room. I have been focused on getting some sewing projects finished, and find that I have no motivation to do so. Therefore, I am going to take a different tactic. I am going to make something new! Well, partially new. I have blocks that have to be sewn together to make a quilt top. While making pajamas, pillows, bags and purses, etc. is nice, it is not my love. My love is making quilts. (And cooking new recipes is next on the list!) So, I am going to work on a quilt - and then, I expect my motivation will return and I will get the other projects done as well.

I just read through last week's thread. There are so many nice projects being done. Thanks to everyone for posting, and now, let us know what you are doing this week.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Re: WIP - 2/8/17 - WARNING - Leave Me Alone

I sent my best applique quilt ever done, Winters Song, to Julia Quiltoff to be quilted. She did an amazing job. This week I will be doing the finishing work on the quilt (label, hanging sleeve, and binding.) I am also going to add some beads for the birds eyes, and some beads to highlight the beautiful snowflakes Julia quilted in. Beading a quilt takes me a long time, so it may be all I get done this week.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Denise, don't forget it post a picture when your winter quilt is complete. Can't wait to see it!
      "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
      Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Sylvia, I love your sign!!

The LQS ( well actually it's not very "local" being about an hour away) is doing a block of the month and it the Festive Forest quilt. I'm doing a baby size version of it. We had our first meeting and talked about making the fox. I went home and made all my foxes, then today I made the first bunny. I think I'm supposed to wait till next month to make the bunny but I've heard on this forum that there are no quilt police! So I'm probably safe even though I'm skipping ahead.

Jeannette

Comment

So far during the week, my time for sewing has been spent updating the blog for my modern quilt guild - why can't I say no? It was pretty easy - I didn't have to write anything, just copy and paste, insert the links and pics.

I got a quilt top finished on Saturday and need to figure out backing fabric - I think I have some that will work, just need to see if it really strikes my fancy or not with the quilt. I am pretty sure what I want to use for binding and I will need to go buy more of it, unless I change my mind - can you tell I am not very decisive this week? This quilt is for a friend of mine, whose sister lost her battle with cancer last week at age 52. I had made the sister a quilt for chemo earlier this year and was hoping to get one done for my friend, but things suddenly took a turn for the worst last week. I know she will appreciate it, no matter when she gets it. I just want to wrap her in a quilty hug. Time to get off this computer and go look at the possibilities for backing fabric.......

Jeannette - I tend to skip ahead too, when I love a project, so just have fun with it!

Loving all of the signs and projects shared on this thread.
          Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

I have 2 quilts I am piecing together... and it is slow going since I have a cold and can't stop coughing/sneezes in between. Lovely weather and I can't wait for the week end when it gets warm again. (ABOVE 50). Well close to 50 anyhow.

One quilt is a Granny square and the other is a bunch of blue/brown orphan blocks .. both will be lovely. I just got another box of Orphans from Mom23 (Robin) and there are 2 quilts (pieces) in it that keep calling my name. I think I've got an addiction that can't be controlled... ever!
            Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
            :icon_wave:

Comment

image.jpg. Two quilts I'm working on.
              sigpicAnita G.

Comment

Anita...These are great! I especially like the checkered chevron. Is there a pattern for it? I always love seeing your creations.
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
                  Anita...These are great! I especially like the checkered chevron. Is there a pattern for it? I always love seeing your creations.
                  Here is a tutorial from Sew Mama Sew.
                  http://www.sewmamasew.com/2016/03/go...uilt-tutorial/

I think i have also seen this on tje Moda Bake Shop site.
                  Wendy
                  http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

Hi Sylvia.
                    I am in the Fantastic finishing group but I, too, have no motivation this month. My chosen project for February is just not working out and I need a rest from it. Like you, I have decided to work on another project. Yesterday I started a baby quilt. Not much headway yet but at least I am once again looking forward to sewing.
                    Hope everyone has a productive day.

Comment

Originally posted by wlrquilts View Post
                      Here is a tutorial from Sew Mama Sew.
                      http://www.sewmamasew.com/2016/03/go...uilt-tutorial/

I think i have also seen this on tje Moda Bake Shop site.
                      Thank you for posting this link. I am somewhat obsessed with scrap quilts, and I have added this to my list of 'scrappy quilt wanna makes'.
                      If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

I am working on a travel quilt for my mom for Xmas, using Maxine panels and other creative squares/fabric of places she has been throughout her life. Each square represents something about her. I also am in a Block of the Day quilt (what was I thinking), the Solstice quit challenge, a needlebook swap, pincushion swap and a Black and White 12/5 inch block swap..

My checkered Dresden is going to be started and completed during my crafting weekend in March. Everything is cut, just have to sew together.

Comment

I loved doing some checkered dresdens, you are way ahead if you have everything cut.

I started working on cutting out a Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll from Bonnie Hunter, lots of little bitty hst to be done. I hope it turns out OK since I am not doing it really scrappy, organized scrappy perhaps. I am taking 3 of her classes in April and have lots of stuff to plan and cut to get ready.
                          I am getting my sewing machine back from its spa day, can't wait to get back to FMQ, NOT.

Comment

I moved in this apartment 6 months ago, but I am still working at organizing my messing (sewing and crafting) room. I happened to open a box that was full of terrycloth, mostly scraps (about FQ size) left after I made bibs and changing mats for my nieces when they were born. I am making hand towels out of them, with some embroidery, apliqué and crocheted details, so I have some gifts ahead for the future.
                            My sister gave me a sheet with a tear that I was tempted to use as backing fabric, but I am finally mending it and hiding the "surgery" with embroidery or apliqué, as she needs all the available extra sheets while her toddler doesn't get in full control of her bladder.
                            It looks like I am not very motivated to work at my UFO's either.

Comment

I got 5 snowflakes hand beaded. Only 58 more to go. Somehow I don't think I bought enough beads. They are very time intensive, but oh so pretty. There are 13 snowflakes in front of the hanging sleeve. I have to do them first before I can finish attaching the hanging sleeve because otherwise the beading will have to go through the hanging sleeve.

100_3252.JPG
                              Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Working...
                              X