WIP - 1/4/17 - It is 2017!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIP - 1/4/17 - It is 2017!

It is 2017, and I remembered to type in the right year in the title of this post! Okay, that is about all the success I can handle for the day - LOL!

Everyone seemed to be okay with keeping Wednesday as the start for this weekly thread. That also works for me as well! I am a little late to post today - but stuff happens, you know!

I am already behind, as I still have some items to make that were supposed to be Christmas gifts. And this is nothing new to me. I am one of those people who "bite off more than I can chew". This is a trait I learned from my mother. However, she had my father to go to when she was swamped, and he was always there to save the day. I am sure my dog, JJ, would help if he could. Alas, he really doesn't know how to run a sewing machine, a sweeper, or a crock pot!

So, I am still pulling threads to make the fringe on flannel scarves. I have completed 4 scarves, which includes the fringe and the "seams" on the long ends of the scarves. I don't know if they are seams, or should be called somethin else. But, I turn the fabric twice to cover the raw edges and then stitch down the turn so the raw edges are not exposed. The scarves look very nice, and they are a very simple gift to make.

So - what are YOU doing this week?
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Re: WIP - 1/4/17 - It is 2017!

Hi Sylvia and all our other WIP friends,

I did finish my nieces quilt. Yay! Here's the link. I really enjoyed working on it.

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/showthread.php?t=67814

I'm back to working on the big stitch quilting on a small quilt for a thank you gift for a friend.

Already thinking about a quilt for another friend using yellows and grays.....letting that idea percolate for a while.

I got an art quilt book for Christmas and really want to try the technique. Now to zero in on a good photo to work from.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Still working on #6. I only have about 1/4 of the binding to finish hand sewing to the backside, but yesterday the temperatures plummeted (at least for us) and my sewing room was about 55 degrees (I try to not heat up any more of the house than necessary to keep the electric bill down), so I really didn't feel up to working in there. So instead Maggie dog and I curled up on the couch under an electric blanket & watched TV. Hhhhmmm maybe tonight I'll take the electric blanket into the sewing room instead, and get that binding finished. Soon as I get this one done, then I am allowing myself to start on my flannel log cabin kit that has been patiently sitting on my shelf since November.

Comment

I spent most of my day cleaning up the sewing room - not nearly as fun as making the mess was, lol

Hopefully tomorrow I'll be start in a table runner - probably Jenny's zig-zag one. I have a charm pack in mind & I'm pretty sure I have a good back for it.

Comment

Finished quilting my Laurel Burch Christmas panel. Tomorrow I will attach the hanging sleeve and binding.
          Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

I am binding 2 Christmas tree skirts kits I got on clearance. Then I can put them up for next year to start giving some to the Grandkids for their furture homes, just 3 more to find and make..
            Also trying to get the borders on a binding tool star quilt.
            And I need to clean and re organize sewing room.

Comment

I ironed Mistyfuse onto the back of fabric yesterday. Today I traced and cut out a lot of leaves and berries. I got a jellyroll of Kaffe fabric on a daily deal a year ago and am finally using it for little leaves, but I'm still wishing I had more greens...I'm not buying any more fabric, though! :P

Comment

I have a sandwiched checkered dresden with 9 blocks on my dsm today which means my design wall/table is empty. What to do next???? as I only FMQ about an hour or so at a time. Oh the possibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by pcbatiks View Post
                  Hi Sylvia and all our other WIP friends,

I did finish my nieces quilt. Yay! Here's the link. I really enjoyed working on it.

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/showthread.php?t=67814

I'm back to working on the big stitch quilting on a small quilt for a thank you gift for a friend.

Already thinking about a quilt for another friend using yellows and grays.....letting that idea percolate for a while.

I got an art quilt book for Christmas and really want to try the technique. Now to zero in on a good photo to work from.
                  That is stunning!! Your niece is lucky to have you in her life, such a beautiful gift and so much time and attention to detail spent on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Claire Hallman View Post
                    I have a sandwiched checkered dresden with 9 blocks on my dsm today which means my design wall/table is empty. What to do next???? as I only FMQ about an hour or so at a time. Oh the possibilities.
                    so, what are you going to fill the design wall up with??

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvia H View Post
                      It is 2017, and I remembered to type in the right year in the title of this post! Okay, that is about all the success I can handle for the day - LOL!

Everyone seemed to be okay with keeping Wednesday as the start for this weekly thread. That also works for me as well! I am a little late to post today - but stuff happens, you know!

I am already behind, as I still have some items to make that were supposed to be Christmas gifts. And this is nothing new to me. I am one of those people who "bite off more than I can chew". This is a trait I learned from my mother. However, she had my father to go to when she was swamped, and he was always there to save the day. I am sure my dog, JJ, would help if he could. Alas, he really doesn't know how to run a sewing machine, a sweeper, or a crock pot!

So, I am still pulling threads to make the fringe on flannel scarves. I have completed 4 scarves, which includes the fringe and the "seams" on the long ends of the scarves. I don't know if they are seams, or should be called somethin else. But, I turn the fabric twice to cover the raw edges and then stitch down the turn so the raw edges are not exposed. The scarves look very nice, and they are a very simple gift to make.

So - what are YOU doing this week?
                      The other day I got some melted cheap poly fabric off the iron before the housekeeper came, I felt like that was a huge accomplishment that day. Aim high ;-)

I finished 4 pair of dragon wings, 4 crow hats (okay, they still need buttons) and 2 vests .... all for the costumes for the school musical.... I've also managed to make myself 2 new pair of underwear from upcycled tee shirts... (I will spare you all from seeing photos of me in my unders!)

As for quilting, I joined your fantastic finishing group and made my list, now I'm up in the middle of the night unable to sleep for some unknown reason, so I'm going to put some effort into that.

Comment

I have just got home from the supermarket!! Not been anywhere near the sewing room as I am so tired in the evenings I am only able to sit in front of the TV and knit.
                        Just one more day to work then 3 days off. Am planning on finishing my UFO for January on Saturday, then on to the first blocks of the temperature quilt.

Comment

I think I will sandwich a ufo and then maybe arrange some half square triangle blocks.

Comment

I want to sew something but I'm sleepy. I hate that feeling! MAybe I will cross-stitch a little
                            My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Comment

I'm happy that I won the eBay auction for the partially completed kit with threads. That will give me a big head start for Sylvia's Finishing group. The gazebo is largely done. I was looking at the directions and it looked hard, so I wasn't looking forward to attempting it.

So I am just continuing to draw and cut applique pieces. I did a llama and a lot of goofy trees.

Comment

Working...
                              X