Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farm Girl Vintage Sew-a-Long starts MONDAY, January 2 (Reminder)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Farm Girl Vintage Sew-a-Long starts MONDAY, January 2 (Reminder)

Originally posted by MNnancy View Post
    I joined a group on this site called Farm Girl Vintage, but it appears to be a year old. Where is this new quilt-along found? (or is it this conversation right here?)
    It's the one with "sew-a-long" in the name of the group. Did you find it?

Comment

I did, Kayla. Thanks! I see I've even posted to it once. LOL

I have some reading and sewing to catch up on, I see!

Comment

Oh, my goodness, did you see the new quilt by Lori Holt coming out later this year? How cute! http://www.fatquartershop.com/bee-ha...t-kit-preorder

Comment

It's adorable. Looks like lots of applique to me. I need to learn that process.

Comment

I feel so guilty - I haven't sewed a single block yet. In my defense, I wasn't happy with my background fabric so yesterday I was forced to ordered more fabric.
            Tammy W.

Comment

I am in a block swap for these..all of the blocks have to be in black/white/gray..
              Looking forward to it!

Comment

Sounds interesting and will certainly be a unique fabric combination for this quilt. Please do post pictures.

Comment

I did a test of your pic, assuming I had the right site. Test3.jpg

Assuming you have Microsoft Office 10
                  Right click the photo file and select open with Microsoft Office
                  Click Edit Picture in the tool bars
                  Under Change picture size, select Compress pictures and select the Web pages radio button or Email radio button. The Email size will be considerably smaller under the Email choice. You can see these changes in the Estimated total size areal below the Compress pictures settings.
                  Once you have decided on one, click OK
                  Then click File / Save As from the top Ribbon bar.
                  Then try to upload that to your form message.

Hope this helps.
                  If both pics come through, the large one is the radio button for Website choice and the second compression is for the Email radio button choice.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by MHG Winnower; January 19, 2017, 05:26 AM.
                  “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
                  “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

YES, the smaller blocks are tedious. Even if you press the seams open. But they are just too cute to quit. So I'm making both sizes. I'm having trouble finding enough reds. Can I combine batiks with regular quilting cottons? Or is that a faux pas?

Comment

I believe you can combine fabrics if you'll like the end result. It's your quilt, so whatever makes you happy will be fine, right?

Comment

Hi,
                        I am new to the group, and I have ordered my book. I am excited to get started. I plan on using vintage fabrics I have along with scraps.

Comment

Working...
                        X