Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Love the heading of this section! Sew together far apart.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the heading of this section! Sew together far apart.

I started quilting about 5 years ago and almost 2 years ago I started teaching my daughters and GD's who were home for a family reunion, the beginning basics. Each of the GD and even a GS made a quilt and have since made 2 or 3 each. My daughters have taken to quilting like fish to water. It has been fun to watch them grow in their skills. My girls live in UT and I live in PA (far apart) but we are in constant contact with each other and it is usually about quilting and what we are doing. Last summer we did a round robin of sorts. We all did a 36" center square and then passed it on to the next one. We all did the nest section and the last one did the border. It was great to see how they all turned out.
    I purchased 3 of the same charm packs a couple of months ago and sent one to each of my girls. After the holidays we are all going to make a quilt from the same charm pack and see how different the patterns are that we use. We are really looking forward to this. So you can see that we really do "sew together, far apart."

Merry Christmas

Re: Love the heading of this section! Sew together far apart.

Very cool!! I live overseas, my sister and I "sew" together all the time, it's great!!

Comment

It is fun to sew together. I have sisters & sisters-in-law in Oklahoma, Texas, Colorado, and Missouri - we sew "together" all the time - texting, FaceTime, etc. It can get confusing though. There are 5 of us going on the quilting cruise in January with Jenny and Lynne Hagmeier - so so excited.
      ***Kathy***

Comment

My best friend who is also quilter lives about 1300 miles away. We sew together frequently via, email, skype etc. We also try to get together once a year for a quilting adventure.

Comment

Working...
        X