Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIP - 12/7/16 - Quilters don't make mistakes ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WIP - 12/7/16 - Quilters don't make mistakes ...

Screen shot 2016-12-11 at 12.05.14 AM.jpg

I'm Done! I'm Done! The Grinch quilt is completely complete.......including a label!

WhooHoo!

I danced around the house singing the Whoville song!

I feel like I should tie my quilt around my shoulders "like a cape" and run around the yard to celebrate!

Pictures tomorrow if the weather is good.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

I've now got three applique blocks fused down. So next it will be zig zag time again. I know better than to try to zig zag at three in the morning...

Comment

I'd love to see a picture of you with the quilt around your shoulders like a cape!
        A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

I got my oomph back & finished 6 lined zipper pouches as well as sewing up all the gift bags for all the gifts this year (I decided to quit buying wrapping paper or gift bags & wherev r I can, I'm making fabric drawstring bags for gifting - they can get reused even year and boy, wrapping is a breeze )

Comment

Speaking of losing a needle. I lost a embroidery needle about a month a go. The project I was working on had fallen behind my couch. When I went to retrieve it there was no needle. I also noticed that I had forgotten that my lap quilt had fallen back there also. So I retrieved the quilt figuring the needle was in it, but found no needle. Warned my husband not to walk around bare foot. Well a couple weeks went by and I forgot about the missing needle. I sat down in my usual spot on the couch and guess what, that's right I sat right on the dang needle. Thank goodness I had quick responses and it didn't go in all the way. I'm still can't figured out how I went to weeks without getting poked by the needle sooner. But at least the mystery of the missing needle is solved.
            Have a blessed day
            Pam[/I]
            [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by cv quilter View Post
              I'd love to see a picture of you with the quilt around your shoulders like a cape!
              Sharon.......I'll consider that thought.
              "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?

Comment

My tree skirt turned 40 last year, time for a new one. Working hard to finish it by the end of this week.L
                sigpic

Comment

A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

It has taken me three years but I think I am finally starting to get the hang of free motion quilting. It is starting to feel more natural and less of a battle of wills between me and the sewing machine. I am learning to recognize all the weird noises my sewing machine makes and what problems the noises are alerting me too. I can start to envision what the thread pattern and colors will look like before I sew them on the quilt. Huge progress from where I started staring at the quilt top like a deer in the head lights.

Here is my progress on the Jane Sassaman version of the Tier Soup pattern. I choose to go really bold with my thread choices this time.
                    100_3115.JPG

Here is the pieced back.
                    100_3113.JPG

Between the bold pieced back and the bold thread choices on the front, I decided the quilt would not be complete without some appliqued leaves and dots added. After all, how can it be a Jane Sassaman quilt without some applique?

Yeah, now I get to play with my charm pack small orange peel template I bought from M* on their last free shipping day.

Where are my charm packs? Lets have some more fun.
                    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Caroline T - Organizing is GREAT! I know it takes time - but in the end it saves time too, as we have quicker access to our stash and our scraps. How is Gunther? After several years, I gave my machines names, but I really don't refer to them by name.
                      Granny Judy - I hope you were able to accomplish all your holiday plans for the week. I, ahem, still have pjs to sew!
                      kimsophia - Glad you found that needle - this is a big panic issue for me. A lost needle cost me $1000 because my dog swallowed it and needed surgery to remove it!
                      Denise - Glad the DIY Pinmoors worked! I really like the quilting you did on your most recent tier quilt.
                      TMP - Did you get out of your rut? I have been there during holiday seasons, it is no fun at all.
                      Pam - You finished the Grinch quilt. Hooray!
                      Joy - I admire your organization, both in quilting and in the rest of your life. This is a weak area for me.
                      Lou - SO glad your daughter is getting better. Your son's shirt is great.
                      AMG - You got your oomph back! I like the idea of making fabric gift bags. I don't have the time this year, but it is on my list for next year.
                      CV - your family is going to be getting some great gifts.
                      midnightline - Terrific dog placemat!
                      pjyoder - not the best way to find a lost needle. Glad you weren't hurt!
                      Carolyn - hope you get that tree skirt finished in time.
                      If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Well Gunther's part finally arrived yesterday, and I'm happy to say he's ready to get back to work. Unfortunetly though, I can't say the same for me.

I've been down and out with the flu bug since Friday, and finally went to the doctor today since I'm not getting any better. Doc sent me for a chest x-ray and it turns out I have also developed a mild case of pneumonia. I seldom get sick, but boy when I do, I don't mess around.

Comment

Caroline that sounds dreadful. Do you have someone to take care of you until you can get well?
                          Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Originally posted by DeniseSm View Post
                            Caroline that sounds dreadful. Do you have someone to take care of you until you can get well?
                            My DH tries to take good care of me and pamper me but unfortunately for him, i'm a lousy patient in that the last thing I want is for someone to hover and pamper.

Comment

Hope you feel better soon Caroline. Behave yourself and get plenty of rest.

Comment

Working...
                              X