Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIP - 12/7/16 - Quilters don't make mistakes ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WIP - 12/7/16 - Quilters don't make mistakes ...

I'm trying to finish DS's shirt for tomorrow night's party... which shockingly is still on, even though we haven't worked all week because we've been shuttling our daughter around all over the place. She has a major infection on her eyelid, and she's had a ton of antibiotics, injections, and appointments trying to get it under control and keep her from going into surgery to have it lanced.

Today she took a major turn in the right direction, and all the grossness started to drain naturally, which is hugely important, because now we don't need to consider surgery. So, with all this chaos and stress DS has been a bit out of sorts. His big sister is his best friend and he's missed her terribly and is worried about her. This is why, even though I'm exhausted, I'm going to put the collar, cuffs and hem on his Christmas shirt.... because he deserves it!

Comment

Originally posted by elly66 View Post
      Hail to the conquering hero PCBatiks! Hip hip hooray - been there myself.
      Maybe I should make me a super hero cape out of the grinch scraps!
      "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
      Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

well.. I pulled it off.... I hope he's as excited as I am!!

IMG_1173.JPG

Comment

Wow so I am not the only one feeling like I am spinning in circles getting nothing done or pulling hair out. My Christmas tree sat for 10 days with nothing on it but lights. Finally come up with an idea and can't find what I want even on amazon. Might have a naked tree this year On ward up ward and hope everyones Grinches gets a swift kick to get things moving along again.
          Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Comment

I got the bits I needed to finish my zippered pouches but ran out of oomph Going to give it another shot tomorrow . I need to get them finished & in the mail this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by pcbatiks View Post
              Maybe I should make me a super hero cape out of the grinch scraps!
              Here you go! http://thelongthread.com/wp-content/...rhero-cape.pdf

Comment

I ran out of oomph tonight as well...my machine was acting up and after threading a new bobbin and inserting it, then monkeying with the tension setting as the bottom thread was now pulled to the top of the fabric, then reinserting the new bobbin which finally made it work right, I was tired of it and my feet hurt as I'd been sewing for quite a while, before the machine started making those horrible noises in the bobbin area that always means trouble...but I did get another block fused down, and one with only some thin black stems to cut and iron down before I fuse on the leaves. So I am not too behind my block a day schedule. I did all the easier trees first so these last eight might take more than a day.

Comment

Oh, I feel the same as many others on this forum. I do not like decorating. My tree also sat for over a week - took me all day to decorate (as I would put up a few deco's, walk away, put up a few more, etc. It finally got done. If the grandkids were not coming for Christmas - I would have done less. I also pull out my hair - I bought a used Tin Lizzy 18" sit down model last year. Used a couple of times, last time thread kept breaking - got so frustrated, just put it away. ( that was in June) Found a place who would service it so to it for that. besides the bobbin being bent(?) sure that didn't help any - and dust - I should be ready to go. Maybe - other things need to get done.

Just trying to get in the mood - very difficult!!

Comment

I trimmed the edges and starting sewing binding on my Grinch quilt. Trying to decide on label. It's for me but I still wanted a label.

Am I the only one that hates to stop and put a label on a quilt? Maybe I should make the labels first.
                    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Originally posted by pcbatiks View Post

Am I the only one that hates to stop and put a label on a quilt? Maybe I should make the labels first.
                      Since I learned FMQ I have been FMQ the label onto the quilt. I just write what I want with thread. It won't fade or fall of the quilt. Saves me a lot of time too.

I have finished the quilting on my Kaffe Fassett quilt and am attaching the polka dot binding. Hope to be finished by tomorrow.
                      Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

I have started signing my quilts on the back bottom right with a pigma pen. I read somewhere that actually signing was good as penmanship was fading away, cursive in particular.
                        That is my story and I am sticking to it.

Comment

I'm making (or at least have purchased the fabric for) double pot holders, square pot holders and microwave bowl cozy's for DD, DDIL, DGD and DGDIL. I'm also doing some things on the embroidery machine, really cute cowboy boot gift card holders and embroidered mylar and lame' angels )(used as gift tags or tree ornaments. Sadly, I'm not doing anything for myself except for the diamond log cabin tree skirt I just completed.
                          A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

I do a really simple label I take a square of white or cream starch the heck out of it and hold in half. Use a small piece of finding and do the fold like it was edge of the quilt. I square it up then pin to the corner of the quilt and put my binding on. I sign it with pigma pen and some general wash cold dry low and who it is too. I then hand stitch the binding side of the label on. I kind of like it simple easy to make and done at the same time I bind.
                            Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Comment

Making progress on my Christmas present sewing list. I'm down to making doggy presents. Here's a doggy placemat I made for my sister's dog:
                              bonemat.jpg

Now I just need to sew a squeaky toy for my mom's Chihuahua and I'm done!

Comment

Originally posted by midnightline View Post
                                Making progress on my Christmas present sewing list. I'm down to making doggy presents. Here's a doggy placemat I made for my sister's dog:
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]137813[/ATTACH]
                                So cute. Would you really put food on something this adorable?
                                Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Working...
                                X