WIP - 11/30/16 - Last day of November!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIP - 11/30/16 - Last day of November!

And we are heading toward the end of another year! I hope the year has been mostly good for all of you, and if not, that it is getting better and will continue to do so through 2017.

I solved my problem of not enough flannel for the pajamas by .... buying more! Of course, I couldn't match most of what I had already bought, so I will have a bit of extra flannel to work with. Connecting Threads had a great sale which included their flannel, so that was my source. I have my dressmakers carbon paper and tracing wheel, so I am ready to start transfering the multi pattern onto the fabrics.

Right now, I am making the tops for a bunch of table toppers. I am using the zig zag topper pattern. It goes quickly, and right now I need something that is not too detailed. I took my layer cake of fruits and vegetables and cut it up into charm squares, so I will be able to get 4 toppers. One for me, one for a neighbor, and the others? Who knows. I also made a Christmas table topper for myself. And .... I am writing out the instructions for the reading pillow. I hope to post it today/tomorrow.

What is everyone else doing this week?
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Re: WIP - 11/30/16 - Last day of November!

I am just now starting the Sunflower free motion quilt along. I am way behind! I hope to have it fished by Saturday so I can send a photo by Dec 5. Lori gives wonderful detailed instructions, and its all free. Join the fun. Practice makes improvement (I'm nowhere near perfect.)

http://theinboxjaunt.com/2016/11/22/...lower-sampler/
    100_3066.JPG

Do you see the blue blobs in the photo? It is a flip flop sandal cut up into cubes to act as a low cost pinmoor on the ends of my straight pins so I do not stab myself. I will let you know how they work out.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Originally posted by DeniseSm View Post
      Do you see the blue blobs in the photo? It is a flip flop sandal cut up into cubes to act as a low cost pinmoor on the ends of my straight pins so I do not stab myself. I will let you know how they work out.
      That is a good idea, clever. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I am very busy knitting these days! Decided to make my oldest son a sweater for his birthday...which is on Friday...why do I do this to myself? I am well into the first sleeve. Its a top down V neck pullover, so it is actually going fairly quickly. I'm using 100% wool for the first time for him, so I'm going to actually go ahead and block this one too. That will be a first for me, so I'm excited to be learning something new. I have a lot of small sewing projects that I want to do for Christmas as well, so I better get my list straight so I won't waste time overthinking once this sweater is done!

Terri

Comment

Today I make 2 - 18" x 22" sandwiches to practice FMQ with my new quilting ruler. Hopefully I'll have some time tomorrow "to play." Some quilting projects may go on hold, since it's time to formulate my annual Christmas letter & do cards.

Comment

I just saw this also and have started on the petals today. Trying to do some FMQ everyday as per Pat Sloan's book. Even my terrible, practicing didn't look to bad doing it her way.

Originally posted by DeniseSm View Post
            I am just now starting the Sunflower free motion quilt along. I am way behind! I hope to have it fished by Saturday so I can send a photo by Dec 5. Lori gives wonderful detailed instructions, and its all free. Join the fun. Practice makes improvement (I'm nowhere near perfect.)

http://theinboxjaunt.com/2016/11/22/...lower-sampler/
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]137529[/ATTACH]

Comment

Just finished quilting the last of 3 charity quilts since Thursday. 2 are for Marilyn's charity group and one for Quilts Beyond Borders. I have three more to do. Great practice opportunities.

Comment

I finished up the 4 checkered dresden table toppers that will be Christmas presents, I added red ribbon bows but just safety pinned them on. That way if washing is needed the bows can be removed. I have almost finished FMQ on another quilt, one from Kim Diehl that has some small applique look panels. They still need some outlining. I might get that done this week.

This evening is our guild Christmas party and reveal of all the challenge Farm Girl quilts. I am looking forward to seeing them all and showing mine off.

Comment

[This evening is our guild Christmas party and reveal of all the challenge Farm Girl quilts. I am looking forward to seeing them all and showing mine off.[/QUOTE] Would love to see a picture of your FM quilt
                  A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Let me see if I can do that.
                    Farmgirl.jpgFG closeup.jpg

Comment

Love your quilt. That's a lot of work and detail.

Comment

Claire, that is such a wonderful quilt! The blocks are all so adorable. Love the way you sashed and bordered it! The red just adds to the whimsy of your blocks. Thanks for posting your pics.
                        A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Cool stuff!

I finished a table topper this weekP1020160.jpg

And now I am getting back to my big applique quilt, "The Village". http://www.gloriouscolor.com/userfil...Village_cl.jpg
                          I want to change it some. I want to applique houses and not piece them. I find her houses a little too big-looking, especially next to the wacky "trees"...and I have experience with an applique schoolhouse pattern already so I feel more confident about that. I am fusing Mistyfuse on pieces this morning and cutting out tree shapes. I'll iron them down and zig zag around them with invisible thread later. I am pretty afraid of the hexagon borders so if anyone has a good web site to learn hexagon paper piecing, let me know.

Now that it is cold I am psyched up to quilt again and am trying to figure out how many days this will take me to complete. I know I can zig zag one tree a day but the other parts take time, too. And I don't want to burn out.

Comment

Claire, I absolutely love your Farm Girl Quilt! I have the book but have busy with trying to finish other projects. Maybe this winter if I get snowed in..... And Kimsophia, I really like your table runner. I think I need to make some smaller projects to practice my skills and to keep from getting burned out on larger projects!
                            Brenda. :icon_wave:

Comment

I was finally able to post my pictures of the reading pillows. Here they are: http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sho...181#post923181

Instructions are in my user notes. PM me if you have any questions.
                              If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Working...
                              X