Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIP - 11/23/16 - Any day spent sewing is a good day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIP - 11/23/16 - Any day spent sewing is a good day.

I was about to go out the door on a few errands, and thought I had better get this thread started before the craziness of the day before Thanksgiving took over and I forgot! I am not cooking, so the day won't be as crazy for me as it may be for many others. But I am traveling tomorrow to be with my daughter and son-in-law. We are celebrating Thanksgiving and Izzy's birthday.

My neighbor will again be watching JJ for me, and I realized I didn't have an appropriate gift to give her as a thank you. Now, to the rescue, come my UFOs. I took out the top for a very pretty Christmas table runner, and I am quilting it now. I have a new appreciation for UFOs, as this one was just what I needed.

I am wishing all that are celebrating a Happy Thanksgiving, and to everyone a wonderful week. Please share what you are working on this week.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Re: WIP - 11/23/16 - Any day spent sewing is a good day.

Sylvia, I hope you have a great Thanksgiving with your family.

I hope to report more progress on my hand quilting tomorrow night. Then I REALLY need to tackle FMQ on the Grinch quilt.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

as soon as my template gets here from M* I will be starting a sashed tumbler for Christmas. Until then I am sewing the rows on my pinwheel couch blanket I am making my daughter for Christmas.
      Just pulled the last pan of rolls out of the oven so I am done cooking for Thanksgiving. My house smells sooooo good and I am sooooo tempted to "taste test" one of them.
      I made the sour cream apple cakes yesterday and the cranberry/jalapeno salsa this morning. Since I have to travel I can't take messy things. And I always have to make double because my DH stays here with his family and I go to Arkansas to mine.

Did you hear about our explosion yesterday? The plant that makes aerosols blew up! It is in the town 14 miles away. They closed both highways and evacuated about half of that town. Luckily only 3 people went to the hospital and only one is serious. A lot of people lost their jobs which is going to be hard with winter coming on.
      sigpic

Comment

Wow Laura that sounds scary! I finished and washed my Great nieces owl quilt and some of the body of the owl which had stabilizer under it frayed out from under the satin stitch. It only happened on that color all the rest are fine. Now I need to figure out how to fix it sigh. If I go all the way around again it will be thru the whole quilt and I used a very vivid color on it that will show up a lot on the back. But my hand stitching sucks what to do what to do. I was so ready to finish off DH quilt its almost done.
        Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Comment

My niece had her little baby girl today - a very healthy 9 lbs! So, I embroidered 3 burp cloths out of flannel with her name on them (Olivia). Hoping to stop in and see her later this evening. My sister is hosting turkey day, so this is the most relaxed day before Thanksgiving that I have had! I need to finish picking up the house as my SIL is coming too and spending the night here.

Been sitting and sipping coffee, figuring out what I still need to get to do the presents for the kids in the family for Christmas - I think I am going to do a pillow pet type of thing with their favorite character for the younger ones. Need to get some pillow inserts to make sure that I make them the correct size! Maybe backpacks for the older ones?
          Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Made more progress on the hat. Got the sidewall (checkers) and top (oval) pieced. Just need to cut lining and interfacing, then assembly can begin!
            hat2.jpg

Comment

I finally finished my 48 blocks. It sure was tedious getting everything to match up. Now it is time to pick the sashing fabric and border. Guess which one I'm going to go with!
              100_3057.JPG
              Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

I like the dark fabric for sashing. Those blocks are neat.

Comment

I can't imagine you choosing anything but the dark, beautiful one. Gonna be real pretty.
                  A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

IllusionGrey2016.jpg
                    all finished and just needs a good washing/drying. I'll check for any thing that needs repaired then throw it on the couch.. This one will be staying with me for awhile.

dogsNcats.JPG
                    Another batch of orphans pieced together .. I call it Dogs & Cats... or Cats & Dogs. Depends on which animal is your favorite choice.

I have a red & white orphan block quilt under the needle and finished quilting it tonight. Will trim/square it up and add binding... and call it done so It can be gifted this Christmas.

Then I am taking time off so we can get the holidays done up properly.. And rest my weary bones.. The sewing room needs cleaned and re organized to make room for all the Orphans that are needing a home.. 2017 promises to be quite busy..
                    Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
                    :icon_wave:

Comment

Working...
                    X