Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIP - 11/16/16 - A cure for quilt withdrawal ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WIP - 11/16/16 - A cure for quilt withdrawal ...

JCY, I thought I had watched the first episode of season 29, but I just checked the website and can't find any from this season. My DD and I LOVE The Amazing Race. It was always our special time.

Comment

Originally posted by Granny Judy View Post
      I'm just pluggin' away at getting the border quilted on the illusion quilt. lost my mojo when the temp dropped down to the 40's for a hi. I think I may have a few bears in my ancestry tree.. all I want to do is hibernate.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]137299[/ATTACH]
      I am looking forward to seeing the finished quilt. Thank you for posting the border quilting. It looks so lovely. I was kicking myself when I quilted my last border - that I hadn't ordered the paper guides that you used. This is definitely something on my to do list for 2017.
      If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvia H View Post
        I am looking forward to seeing the finished quilt. Thank you for posting the border quilting. It looks so lovely. I was kicking myself when I quilted my last border - that I hadn't ordered the paper guides that you used. This is definitely something on my to do list for 2017.
        Sylvia.... I found the paper template on line... And the corner I drew out on letter size paper. I printed out about 24 pages + 4 corners to get all the way around the quilt.. which measures. 53 x 60 finished.
        No binding.. just did the turn method (sewing front to back with wrong sides out then turned everything so right sides were out).

I hope to get better photos soon.. it's gonna rain the next couple of days..
        Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
        :icon_wave:

Comment

I really like the border quilting. I hadn't thought about paper templates. That will be a good way for me to do some quilting on my Tiara. Thanks for posting.
          A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Hi friends, I've missed you all! My mom came to visit for 2 weeks and I've been sewing up some clothes for the kids...

I had to make a white dress with a blue satin sash for my daughter's debute in the school talent show. She had an amazing performance!

I've also helped a friend who designs patterns with testing a few out, with great results! It is fun but time consuming.
            DD made the cover page of this one though:
            http://candycastlepatterns.com/patte...%20add-on.html

I'm catching up on work projects these days and getting my head above water in the classroom as well. This full time job, long term guest, part time pattern tester is crazy!!

Other highlights recently... Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them was here IN ENGLISH, and I loved it!! I've also started a 3000 piece puzzle. I'm crazy!! LOL!

Comment

Hello RockingLou,
              Glad to see your post. Wondered why you weren't posting. Saw your lovely daughter in that cute red dress. Very nice.
              You and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving. Kathy

It is 8:56 pm EST Tues 11/22/16 here
              All quilts cat tested and approved.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X