Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIP - 11/16/16 - A cure for quilt withdrawal ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIP - 11/16/16 - A cure for quilt withdrawal ...

15032263_10154269941517261_68202405664748967_n.jpg

Fabric scraps can solve a lot of problems, right?

So, I finished my bed quilt last week. Just in case you didn't see it, here is a link: http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/showthread.php?t=66758

I did a little bit of sewing room cleaning, organizing and scrap cutting, and I think I have selected the fabrics for Izzy reading pillow. I am going to check to see if I have enough left over flannel to include that in the reading pillow as well.

The major unfinished project are the pajama pants - I have to get going on them, as I want to have all holiday projected done by 12/1. I am also trying to decide what cooking/baking gifts I am going to give this year. I want to start those on 12/1.

What are your plans for this week?
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Re: WIP - 11/16/16 - A cure for quilt withdrawal ...

You have been busy! I have projects to finish, but I just walk in the sewing room, do a couple of minor cleanups and walk back out - just can't get the sewing mojo going. So, I have been looking at what embroidery projects I am doing for the kids for Christmas and have decided to do pillow pets - not sure the older ones will appreciate them, but should be fun anyway. A big sale is going on at one of my favorite embroidery design places that does the character peekers (I have hooded towels in my albums if you want to see them) and I will get the patterns ordered and then the supplies so that I am ready when I get the mojo back!

I have a pillow cover that I need to finish for a guild swap next week - top is done, just need to quilt and put it together. I have several quilts and table toppers in progress.

What pattern are you using for the reading pillows? That might be a better alternative to the pillow pet for the older kids.
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

I'm currently working on sewing a sun hat for my mom for Christmas. I decided to go fancy and use quilt designs to make up the pieces. Here's my bargello hat brim. Still need to do the hat sides and top.
      20161115_213427.jpg

Comment

I just need to finish the owl quilt by finishing the label and then fixing the name. I free handed FMQ the name on the border and somehow got a wonky letter that doesn't quite look like its a cursive E instead it sorta looks like an O so that's got to change lol. Then its one to several long standing UFO;s that I hope to get done by Christmas. We will see what I actually get done
        Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Comment

That sun hat is pretty cool. Hope to see pics when finished. You are all doing so many good things for gifts, I'm feeling guilty that I haven't got mine started. Oh, wait...I have 12 American girl doll dresses and matching jackets cut out. Does that count. lol
          Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
          Terry

Comment

I've been working on a pieced back for my nieces quilt and trying to decide how to quilt my Grinch quilt. I decided I didn't want to do plan A.
            "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
            Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Love that brim to the sun hat! I have all three grandchildren 's quilts finished and two of the three fabric baskets they will be gifted in. Should have the last basket finished this weekend.
              I have two table runners to finish that I could use for gifts this year or put away for next Christmas. I have to fill one more order for a kitchen towel hostess set, and 1 lace angel that was ordered at the craft fair. I'll start on those today since the hostess set is for Thanksgiving.
              My Christmas sewing is just about done, now just some monetary gifts for the kids and grandkids. I'm hoping for a less stressful holiday season and looks like it just may happen this year!
              If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Originally posted by midnightline View Post
                I'm currently working on sewing a sun hat for my mom for Christmas. I decided to go fancy and use quilt designs to make up the pieces. Here's my bargello hat brim. Still need to do the hat sides and top.
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]137188[/ATTACH]
                That's going to be awesome. Can't wait to see it finished.

Comment

I bought some modern Christmas fabric for my daughter and made 2 quilted stockings to hang in her hallway then went on to make bunting to match. She is a very happy chappy! She never asks for much and is under a lot of pressure at present so it was a lovely use of my time to see the smile in her face when I gave them to her - she had no idea I was making them!!

Now I REALLY need to sandwich and Quilt my growing mound of UFO's x

Comment

My latest finish was the Cutting Corners baby quilt. (Pics have been posted and a new album.) I have more FQs & fabric left from that project, so I'm cutting strips to make rail fence blocks, which I plan to alternate with blocks of other fabrics. I found some other FQs today at my LQS that will coordinate.

I took my DSM in this afternoon for its annual cleaning & check. It should be ready tomorrow to pick up after my dental appt. No time for any sewing today. Tonight it's my weekly reality TV show: Survivor. I've been missing The Amazing Race. Anyone have any idea why it's not on this season?

Comment

Sylvia you bed quilt is awesome! Your fmq is amazing!!!!!

I've been away again. We moved our son to Toronto, so now the house is empty. I've been looking for work, but that's not going as well as I would like it to be. Ah well. I've been busy making Christmas gifts. Slippers, scarves, aprons, tea cosies and microwave bowls . I'm making some pretty good progress. We put up the tree on Sunday, which makes me smile because I really love the Christmas season. I've got 9 oversized Christmas fat quarters (3 different fabrics, all coordinating) that I've had for a long time. I'm thinking of making a tree skirt with them. Just going to make a 36-40" square quilt and maybe trim the edges like Jenny shows in the tutorial. As of today I am busy overthinking the pattern as usual....

Terri

Comment

[QUOTE=ilive2craft2;920121 ,,,

What pattern are you using for the reading pillows? That might be a better alternative to the pillow pet for the older kids.[/QUOTE]

I thought I had posted info on the instructions, but I can't find the post (maybe I did so on Facebook.) I will get the information to you, either later today or tomorrow.
                        If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

I'm just pluggin' away at getting the border quilted on the illusion quilt. lost my mojo when the temp dropped down to the 40's for a hi. I think I may have a few bears in my ancestry tree.. all I want to do is hibernate.

corner border.JPG
                          Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
                          :icon_wave:

Comment

I am finishing up the quilt panels with tree and reindeer with lights for my grandchildren for their rooms . The oldest GD came and got hers yesterday, she was very happy and surprised. And then I got to get back to my many UFO s.
                            I too have really missed amazing race. I haven't heard why it is not on this year.

Comment

Last night I made a string of Christmas bunting for my GS - got it sewn on to bought bias binding tape and when I was measuring the finished item I realised the "fold under" part was only scant 1/8 inch so I didn't catch it when I sewed it down IYKWIM.

Can't decide if I want to unpick or just sew another line just on the edge on the basis that it won't be seen when it's up on the wall!!! Sigh!! What a dilemma!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X