WIP - 11/2/16 - November is a lady ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIP - 11/2/16 - November is a lady ...

And ... we are at the start of another month! I hope it will be a good month for everyone.

I enjoyed teaching children seasonal poems when I was an elementary school teacher (4th grade, 9 - 10 year olds). And the poem for November was: Alice Crowell Hoffman’s “November’s Gift"

November is a lady in a plain grey coat,
    That is very closely buttoned up around her throat.
    And after she's been walking all around the town,
    She reaches in her pocket deep, deep down,
    And pulls out a present, and with laughter gay
    Says to everybody here's Thanksgiving Day!

(Well, it works for us in the USA! LOL!)

I am almost finished my bed quilt. I have to decide how to quilt the outside border (4 inches, black and dark grey small diamond pattern) and bind. That is my goal for this week. Then I want to make a reading pillow for Izzy's birthday, and if any time left, I REALLY have to clean the sewing room!

What are your plans for this week?
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Re: WIP - 11/2/16 - November is a lady ...

In southern KY today November is wearing shorts and a T-shirt. It's way too warm for this time of year and we've had less than an inch of rain the past month so it's getting really dry too.

I'm over half done piecing the patriotic tumbling block quilt. I hope to finish the quilt top this week, then get the batting (on order) and backing and get it on the quilt frame soon.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Warm here, too. I love the November lady, but I think she got lost on the way to my house!

I have two quilts basted and ready to quilt--I hope to do one (with its matching throw pillows) this week.
      Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Comment

Love the poem, it so accurately describes the weather we are having (and will continue to have thru November) here in the Great North West.

I started my GS's requested "Minecraft" quilt last night, one block took me three hours to complete (and that was one of the easy ones) so at this rate, I suspect it'll take me all of November to complete the top. This one is going to be fun, it's all solid colors (21 in total), which I have very few of, but are on order, and some of the colors I only need a 2x4 inch piece, and none of them more than 1/4 yard. Oh well, more for the stash!

I have a baby quilt ready for binding, but need to venture out to the LQS to pick something out for that, oh darn, I do so hate shopping at my LQS {{end sarcasm}}.

Comment

It must be pirate talk day, at least it is at my house. I had a quilt partly FMQ on my machine and haven't touched it for probably two weeks. I went at it today, finished one section then went on and FM quilted another area for about an hour.....with the wrong color thread.
          I changed back to the right color and did some more FMQ and will decide later when to pick out the wrong color. I decided to do something else until I get over it. The quilt is for my house after Christmas so I can put it off for a while.
          Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

I'm working on organizing my stash. I could supply a quilt shop. I have to know what I have so I put different colors in each plastic bin. What a job. I did find several unfinished projects I need to finish before I forget them again.

Comment

Howdy! I've been gone a long time, busy as a bee but I have been busy! Now I can show off! Love y'all!

IMG_20161021_150713.jpg center of "Common Bride"

IMG_20161009_060113.jpg Irish chain, almost finished

IMG_20160521_075100.jpg Schoolhouse (and a messy room) Still gotta quilt it

IMG_20160322_070023.jpg IMG_20160313_061716.jpg two blocks from Baltimore Spring, have the center block done (gotta take a pic of it) and only have the borders left. Wheee!

Keeping me the busiest:
              12963662_1083091265088792_8695268379276303421_n.jpg Rocky!
              Pam in the Boneyard - Georgia expat in Cleveland Ohio. Howdy y'all! :icon_wave:

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way your mom told you to in the first place

Comment

pharris, I like the floral applique - you do nice work!

Comment

Originally posted by midnightline View Post
                  pharris, I like the floral applique - you do nice work!
                  Why thank you! I can't take all the credit, they're patterns called Common Bride by Edyta Sitar and Baltimore Spring by Pearl P. Piera. I love their stuff.
                  Pam in the Boneyard - Georgia expat in Cleveland Ohio. Howdy y'all! :icon_wave:

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way your mom told you to in the first place

Comment

Originally posted by pharris123 View Post
                    Howdy! I've been gone a long time, busy as a bee but I have been busy! Now I can show off! Love y'all!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]136890[/ATTACH] center of "Common Bride"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]136891[/ATTACH] Irish chain, almost finished

[ATTACH=CONFIG]136892[/ATTACH] Schoolhouse (and a messy room) Still gotta quilt it

[ATTACH=CONFIG]136893[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]136894[/ATTACH] two blocks from Baltimore Spring, have the center block done (gotta take a pic of it) and only have the borders left. Wheee!

Keeping me the busiest:
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]136895[/ATTACH] Rocky!
                    Pam, sweetie! You have been a busy woman! Great job! All are beautiful, but my favorite? That would be the school house project!
                    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

This is a current project...it's one I've been wanting to make for a long time. Moda Love quilt pattern with Charms (http://www.unitednotions.com/Moda-Lo...Cake-Quilt.pdf)

Shimmer II 32X32 (800x676).jpg
                      Sherri

Comment

Today I worked on the "Cutting Corners" quilt top. The main colors include pink, green, & white. Added a narrow border, clipped threads on the back, pressed it. Also cut & pressed the backing. Made a sample sandwich of those fabrics & blocks. (I make one for every quilt.) Tomorrow I'll cut & sew together the binding strips & measure & cut the batting. (I buy 1/2 roll of 90" wide Hobbs 80/20 from my LA quilter. It usually last a year or so.) I might have time to get it sandwiched & basted. If I'm efficient, I might even get started on the FMQ. I'm trying to finish up some of my UFOs. I'll make progress if I finish at least 2 quilts before starting a new project.

Comment

Started another Orphan Block quilt. Getting all the dogs and cats put together...

cat N dogs.JPG

I loved seeing all the projects everyone is working on... so much to do and so little time.. Ol' Christmas is coming on strong OR am I just getting slower.
                          Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
                          :icon_wave:

Comment

Starting another project....I received my MSQC order yesterday and the mind wheels were spinning at top speed last night! I'm glad to have gotten to this point! I can't wait to finish the top!

Got a Feeling - Refurb (716x800).jpg
                            Sherri

Comment

Working...
                            X