Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIP 10/26/16 Are You Working On Something Fun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIP 10/26/16 Are You Working On Something Fun?

I didn't see a WIP thread for this week so I'll start one........hope I didn't overlook it.

I got my niece's top finished.....now to get the back ready before we went on vacation......woohoo!

My current project is big stitch quilting....trying it for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I hoping the new thimble I ordered today will help me be more coordinated.......we'll see. Just thought I better post a couple of pictures so you'll wouldn't think I'm completely goofing off. Somewhere in between I must get back to quilting the Grinch quilt. I really want to use it for Christmas!

Here's a few pictures of my project.....still have a lot to do on it. I also included a picture of the Press & Seal idea for trying quilting motifs that I mentioned a few days ago. You can tell where the Press and Seal is because it has Olaf from Frozen on it.

P1012869.jpg P1012864.jpg

P1012873.jpg P1012871.jpg
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Re: WIP 10/26/16 Are You Working On Something Fun?

Very cute colors in that quilt!

I'm working on a baby quilt with a modern vibe - I'll post pics later

Comment

14725485_10154216383427261_3902419731309018839_n.jpg

LOL! Could your LQS call you if they were running out of fabric?

How is everyone doing this week? I "broke down" and turned on the heat last night! I was hoping to wait it out until November 1, but it was just too cold.

As I was FMQing on Sunday, I started to be concerned about running out of thread. I was using a spool of King Tut that I had received as a 'try me' special. I was quilting between 1/4" and 1/2", and the spool only had 500 yards. I also liked the color, and thought it would look good on another quilt as well. I also needed some more #90 microtex needles, so it was a good time to put in a Superior Threads order, which I did.

While quilting on Monday, I heard a funny noise. I look down at the needle, and see that there is no thread left. I did run out. I'm so glad I thought to order the extra thread. It has already been shipped, so I expect to be getting it soon.

What is everyone working on this week?
      If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Me too Sylvia. Turned on the heat. It's been cold, damp and rainy all day. I started to clean off sewing stuff off the table and then quickly changed my mind. Made a few more perriwinkle blocks and then made 2 loaves of bread. I don't know what I'm making for dinner, but it might be fresh bread and butter and a cup of soup.

Good thinking on ordering your thread. I also have one from Superior that I really like and not sure if I can get two tops done, so I'm off to order another spool.
        Attached Files

Comment

I glue basted a quilt yesterday--hope to quilt it this weekend. I've also been cutting for some donation D9Ps from my scraps. I'm trying to finish some things up before the Bonnie Hunter mystery starts after Thanksgiving.
          Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Comment

Mmmmmmmm Fresh Bread and Hot Soup for dinner on a cold and wet fall day sounds wonderful.

I've been working diligently on my self imposed challenge of finishing 1/2 of my UFOs before month end. Tonight I will put the binding on the last one that I have promised myself I would finish. That'll make 6 quilts quilted & bound in less than a month! I must say, my UFO closet is starting to look a little barren, but that's a good thing, it just makes more room to expand the fabric stash!

Comment

I have been working on getting some fabric for a Bonnie Hunter class in April. I think I may have gotten an early start.

Comment

I have been working on a pillow challenge for the modern quilt guild that I joined. Not sure how modern my attempt is going to be compared to others, but I know the lady getting it and I think she will like it.

I have recently finished and gifted a couple of quilts - one for my niece who is expecting my great (grand?) niece at the end of November - her shower was on the 15th and another for a friend of mine's sister who is going through chemo for the 2nd time this calendar year.

Now that I have the longarm table cleaned off, I need to work on some charity quilts that I have had for a bit (sorry for the delay GrannyJudy!).

I took a hands on long arm class on how to use rulers last week, so getting the stuff I need for my machine ordered so that I can play!
                Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

I'm FMQ the Carolina Chain (Bonnie Hunter's) baby quilt. I'm at least 1/2 done. I'll post pics when it's finished.

Comment

I"m finishing a pieced and quilted coat I made and am hoping to wear to Quilt Festival. I'm down to the hand work so I should be able to finish this weekend.
                    Patrice S

Comment

I've got a week & a half vacay and I'm sewing up a storm (well, that's the plan anyway, lol)

I have 2 tops done, one needs a border, and I hope to get all the quikting done this week. These were from last year and we're supposed to be xmas gifts & my old machine conked out in November :-/ My replace quest lasted till January and I set them aside till I was really confident on my new machine and all of a sudden it's almost November again!

I have plenty of "quick fix" projects too - pillowcases and zipper pouches for xmas gifts, plus knitting felted slippers for xmas.

I'm sure I have over planned how much I can get done, lol

Comment

Still working on the lady bug quilt...got it sandwiched this week and its ready for FMQ on my next days off. But, of course, in between I pieced some pieces for a 4 patch star quilt. The pieces are big and I'm not really sure I'm going to like it. Not my colors, but I have a customer that I think might really like it and I'm hoping for another sale. We'll see. I guess you would call it a "spec" quilt.
                        Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                        Terry

Comment

I've been working on projects for Halloween: a costume for my dog and some plush pumpkins.

20161023_120555.jpg20161026_225912_001.jpg

Comment

I'm still working on things for the craft fair. So far I've got 5 wreaths done,10 potholder/ kitchen towel sets, a dozen large snowflakes, 5 lace angels, dozen elf shoes with oreos, and 25 wristlet key fobs, a reversible table topper.and two table runners that have to be sandwiched yet.
                            Hi ho hi ho it's off to sew I go!
                            Last edited by Cathy F; October 27, 2016, 09:17 PM.
                            If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Am i working on anything fun? No, not really! I'm agreed to make a full-size quilt as a Christmas gift for a former coworker's wife (also a former coworker). Had the quilt not been for her I would've said no. He wanted patriotic fabric (a red, a white and a blue) and I making it into a tumbling block quilt. Mean ol' me pointed him to some websites and had him pick out the fabric. I got it last Friday and started cutting. I've not been able to sew on it much this week but I hope to get more done this weekend and during Monday's sit-n-sew.
                              *~* Myrna *~*
                              *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Working...
                              X