Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIP - 10/19/16 - Yes, You do need more fabric!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIP - 10/19/16 - Yes, You do need more fabric!

14713778_10154193523522261_3206606003427082366_n.jpg

I had a big chuckle over this meme on Facebook!

I feel somewhat guilty about posting this enabling statement, while, at the same time, I am trying to use only my stash. But, isn't that common in all situations - mixed feelings? I don't want to encourage anyone to buy fabric if they can't afford to do so. I have experienced, though, the effect that when I start buying fabric, it is hard to stop doing so. But, I do reign myself in, after all, I do want to have money for those boring things like a mortgage and food!

I am still FMQ my own bed quilt. I had the unfortunate experience of having to "unstitch" almost a 1/4 of the quilt because the tension wasn't correct. Of course, I though it was, and went merrily on my way. But after examining the back, I saw that there were too many places where the tension just wasn't right. The cause of this problem is something I want to document for future reference.

Meanwhile, I have to get back to holiday gifts. I still have to get to Joann's and buy the pattern for the pajama pants. Maybe I'll just order it online. I want to make 6 pants by Thanksgiving, and I also want to make a reading pillow for Izzy before her birthday, Nov 21. Hey! I'd better get back to my sewing room.

What are you working on? What are your future plans?
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Re: WIP - 10/19/16 - Yes, You do need more fabric!

I've been trying to use my stash, but why is it i'm always a little short on something!!

Comment

I'm working on two Christmas quilts using Jenny's tutorial for the Present Quilt. I made a commitment to turn them in to be quilted by next Tuesday! One is in traditional Christmas colors and the other in black and gold for my DD.

I wanted to sew all day today but the phone and tenants had other plans for my day. I had a little over an hour before Jeff gets home from work and this time is mine!
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I giggled. Although this week I have been buying but things I needed White cause I am out and need to make a black and white striped table runner and tulle for window decorations over my black light strings for the party. I did make two table runners as diaper prize ( for the person that brings the most) so they can choose and those were all out of left overs orphan blocks and stash. Working on the owl quilt not sure if I will be able to get it done as I keep getting stuck making other stuff. I told my sister she could make the cake as I just was running out of time and this cake was complicated and fondant cakes take me a lot of time and prep. She said sure and handed me more fabric sigh~ its nice though~ I think I will be sewing and cleaning every spare second for the next couple of days. Just had to take a couple minutes to relax from making the diaper cake and get my brain back in gear Happy quilting everyone!
        Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Comment

Finished the blocks on my modified 3 dudes quilt.

Now I just need to decide on a layout.

3dudes2.jpg

Comment

Still working on the lady bug quilt. Got 35 blocks finished...over half. Also sorting fabric from DD's scrap boxes that she gave me. That is slowing me down. And...got to finish up Christmas gifts ...some that aren't even started.
            Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
            Terry

Comment

I did some more big stitch quilting today & this evening..........and it seems to be going a little better. Yay!

I'll post pictures tomorrow.
              "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
              Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

I folded fabric.......
                pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I am sick (again) and didn't feel like sewing at all yesterday so I picked a quilt I am handquilting and worked on it. I am so glad to See it is finally almost Done! And for christmas gifts... guess they are going to wait some more time
                  My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Comment

I can't afford to buy quilting fabric, all my spare money I am investing in shelves and cabinets to fit my guest/sewing room in the appartment I moved in. I already have a lot of fabric anyway, and too many sewing projects going on at the same time. I might just buy somme flannel for a comission, as my sister said she would like her daughters to have warm comfy nightgowns like we had when we were kids.

Comment

I am working on something I have never done before a scrappy quilt.It is probably the most fun I have had in a long time piecing. I used the 10 inch paper sheets MSQ sells . (highly recommend this product and Jenny's video). Got rid of tons of scraps, made the biggest paper mess you have ever seen and now I'm sitting here not wanting to clean it up .There are tiny pieces of paper everywhere. Think I'm going to bed and tackle this mess tomorrow. Yes, I do need more fabric, I need backing for two quilts.

Comment

Working...
                      X