Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farm Gril Vintage Group......Quilt-a-long???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farm Gril Vintage Group......Quilt-a-long???

I found the Farm Girl Vintage group. It doesn't appear to be an active group. I recently purchased this book because some of my favorite blocks are sampler blocks. I'm most interested in the barn blocks in this pattern book, but I plan to make a variety of blocks.

Is there an interest in a quilt-a-long?

Re: Farm Gril Vintage Group......Quilt-a-long???

KaylaWalker! What part of Arkansas are you in? I'm living in the River Valley area! The quilt guild here is hosting "A River Runs Through It" Quilt Show starting today and tomorrow (October 13th and 14).....

Anywho.....I, too love Lori Holt, her fabrics and her patterns. I have three of her books: Great Granny Squared, Quilty Fun and Farm Girl Vintage. I have many worked on certain Farm Girl project on my own and I did join a Bee in my Bonnet's Sew Along on Facebook. The sew-a-long on FB is currently doing the Cozy Christmas. In 2015, Facebook group I joined did 4 different swaps (I joined one out of the 4).

I hope you can start a sew along...it might be difficult to start one now? With many quilters starting or in the midst of creating Christmas gifts/projects..it might be a good idea to start a new group at the start 2017?

I made the Silo Barn table runner and it's one of the Silent Auction items at the Quilt Show this weekend! It was very fun to do!

Silo Barn Quilt Show.jpg

Belle Point Quilters Guild
    Page Liked · September 16

This is a beautiful table runner that will be up for silent auction at our upcoming quilt show, A River Runs Through It, on October 14-15, at the Fort Smith Convention Center!
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

KaylaWalker! What part of Arkansas are you in? I'm living in the River Valley area! The quilt guild here is hosting "A River Runs Through It" Quilt Show starting today and tomorrow (October 13th and 14).....

Anywho.....I, too love Lori Holt, her fabrics and her patterns. I have three of her books: Great Granny Squared, Quilty Fun and Farm Girl Vintage. I have many worked on certain Farm Girl project on my own and I did join a Bee in my Bonnet's Sew Along on Facebook. The sew-a-long on FB is currently doing the Cozy Christmas. In 2015, Facebook group I joined did 4 different swaps (I joined one out of the 4).

I hope you can start a sew along...it might be difficult to start one now? With many quilters starting or in the midst of creating Christmas gifts/projects..it might be a good idea to start a new group at the start 2017?

I made the Silo Barn table runner and it's one of the Silent Auction items at the Quilt Show this weekend! It was very fun to do!

Silo Barn Quilt Show.jpg

Belle Point Quilters Guild
      Page Liked · September 16

This is a beautiful table runner that will be up for silent auction at our upcoming quilt show, A River Runs Through It, on October 14-15, at the Fort Smith Convention Center!
      Sherri

Comment

Hey, Sherri! I'm in Maumelle (between Conway and Little Rock). Your table runner is nice! I love the "country" aspect of Lori's blocks; especially the barns. Someone will be very lucky to have your table runner. I'm teaching today and tomorrow so I won't be able to make it to the festival. Have fun!

Thanks for the information on the Facebook groups. I'll check it out.

Oh....I'm not opposed to waiting until the new year to start the quilt-a-long. That's a great idea considering the holidays are fast approaching. Only time will tell if there's an interest here in the forum.

Comment

Hi Kayla! I lived in Maumelle for about a year (in the mid-90s) when I worked in Little Rock and I still have a friend that lives in Conway. My daughter graduated from Central Arkansas University. My daughter (and I) both love the Lori Holt designs and I bought the Farm Girl Vintage book for her - hoping we could do it together. That hasn't happened - YET - but maybe after the first of the year I can talk her into it. She's pretty busy with 4 kids that she homeschools - but I think quilting would be a great little break for her. When you do want to start the group - please do a post - hopefully we can get some great interest.
          ***Kathy***

Comment

Hi, Kathy! It's a small world!

Have a good weekend!

Comment

I would be interested in this after the first of the year. I received the Farm Girl Vintage book last year at Christmas but just haven't gotten around to it. Give me a shout after the first of the year if you are starting a group!
              "I once had a rose named after me and I was not pleased to read the description in the catalogue: no good in a bed, but fine up against the wall."
              Eleanor Roosevelt

************************************************** ***********************

Jill sigpic

Comment

I was in that group and it sort of fizzled. I did a quilt from all the blocks but only one small barn, didn't do any big ones. I sashed it all in red with white polka dots.
                My guild did a challenge with this book and it was quite popular, the show and tell will be done at our Dec meeting.
                I will try to get a decent picture of mine for you later today.

Comment

IMG_0226.jpgIMG_0228.jpg
                  Here it is.

Comment

Ooh, Claire that is cute, I have never seen it with a dark sashing really makes the blocks pop and the prairie point, great choice!
                    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

Claire. Thanks for sharing!! I like the dark sashing. The red polka dots are perfect. It sorta reminds me of red bandanna......farm like. The prairie points are a nice finishing touch. Great work.

Comment

Originally posted by Claire Hallman View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]136274[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]136275[/ATTACH]
                        Here it is.
                        Ooooh...so pretty! Great job, Claire!
                        Sherri

Comment

I have a question for those of you who have done these blocks......where are you finding fabrics? Are you pulling them from various fabric lines or are you using an entire line so that all the colors coordinate?

Comment

KaylaWalker...most of the fabrics used in the Silo Barn table runner I replicated was from my stash and I did purchase various fat quarters from different at a local quilt store.
                            What helps me, is to print a close up of the block/quilt I want to make and take it to the store with me, so I may be able to match fabrics!
                            Sherri

Comment

I used mostly stash with a few fat quarters and one charm pack that just seemed right. I have lots of fabric left over. Sorry about the sideways picture.

Comment

Working...
                              X