Octobers Design wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Octobers Design wall

I am jumping ahead a bit with another quilt I want to do. It's a heritage theme quilt that has all the blocks of the states that My ancestors came from.

The biggest block is Nebraska... I still have lost relatives living there.

Nebraska.jpg

I am planning on 2.5 inch blocks.. It seems a little straight forward with 9 patches, strips and HST. with a block that will be over 14 x 14 inches. what do you think.??

want to make one, too?
    Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
    :icon_wave:

Re: Octobers Design wall

I love the block.That should make a great quilt.
    :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Wow, lots of little pieces go into hat. It will be beautiful and I like your ancestor quilt idea.

Comment

2.5" blocks. Nope I don't think so. My hats off to you. It is a beautiful block. Good luck.
        Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

For those who wish to make this block, a print out is available for directions for this Huge Block. It is counted as a 24 patch block and credit goes to Nancy Cabot.

1. strip sets of 2.4 inch x wof. Set 1 is dark, light, dark. Set 2 is Light, dark, light for the nine patch. and strip set block. (strip set block is light, dark, light cut 6.5 after sewn together.
          2. solid blocks are 6.5 x 6.5.
          3. makes a 42 inch square... ( then I am adding other blocks around the outside to make it larger)

http://ludlowquiltandsew.co.uk/ameri...lock-patterns/
          Last edited by Granny Judy; October 5, 2016, 09:46 AM. Reason: adding link that works...
          Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
          :icon_wave:

Comment

You can do it. 42 inches won't be out of the question. When I first saw it I was thinking a queensize quilt and wow, the monotony of all those little squares. Small will be fun.
            Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
            Terry

Comment

Working...
            X