Octobers Design wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Octobers Design wall

I am jumping ahead a bit with another quilt I want to do. It's a heritage theme quilt that has all the blocks of the states that My ancestors came from.

The biggest block is Nebraska... I still have lost relatives living there.

Nebraska.jpg

I am planning on 2.5 inch blocks.. It seems a little straight forward with 9 patches, strips and HST. with a block that will be over 14 x 14 inches. what do you think.??

want to make one, too?
    Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
    :icon_wave:

Re: Octobers Design wall

I love the block.That should make a great quilt.
    :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Wow, lots of little pieces go into hat. It will be beautiful and I like your ancestor quilt idea.
      Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

2.5" blocks. Nope I don't think so. My hats off to you. It is a beautiful block. Good luck.
        Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

For those who wish to make this block, a print out is available for directions for this Huge Block. It is counted as a 24 patch block and credit goes to Nancy Cabot.

1. strip sets of 2.4 inch x wof. Set 1 is dark, light, dark. Set 2 is Light, dark, light for the nine patch. and strip set block. (strip set block is light, dark, light cut 6.5 after sewn together.
          2. solid blocks are 6.5 x 6.5.
          3. makes a 42 inch square... ( then I am adding other blocks around the outside to make it larger)

http://ludlowquiltandsew.co.uk/ameri...lock-patterns/
          Last edited by Granny Judy; October 5, 2016, 08:46 AM. Reason: adding link that works...
          Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
          :icon_wave:

Comment

You can do it. 42 inches won't be out of the question. When I first saw it I was thinking a queensize quilt and wow, the monotony of all those little squares. Small will be fun.
            success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
            Terry of NC

Comment

Working...
            X