WIP - 9/29/16 - The end of September!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIP - 9/29/16 - The end of September!

2016 is marching on. We are about to enter the last quarter of the year. I wish time wouldn't go by so quickly. A good reminder to make the best of each day.

I went to take pictures of the reading pillows yesterday - but the camera battery was dead. It is charging now, so the pictures should be coming soon!

My next project - the Christmas pajama bottoms - is on hold because I don't have the pattern yet. I would like to make a trip to Joann's this week to get it. In the meantime ... I decided to make a Double Slice top with a flannel layer cake. Nothing like creating ANOTHER UFO! It is one of those 'quickies' when I want to do some easy sewing.

I would also like to work on a UFO this week. I made a top with the 'Simple Life' layer cake that was available over 2 years ago. I have the material for the borders, backing and the batting. I am going to experiment with layering the batting. I am going to split my wool batting into two layers and place one of those layers on top of the cotton batting. What I have learned is that wool puffs up more under quilting. So the wool on top should emphasize the quilting, while the cotton maintains the drape. We shall see!

That's what I'll be doing this week - what will you be doing?
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Re: WIP - 9/29/16 - The end of September!

I really want to try wool I love the puffy look but love my cotton batting. I am working on three UFO's two runners one made out of orphan blocks. And a small quilt made out of left over charms. I am trying to work thru as many of my UFO's as I can as I realized just how many multiplied last year. My time is slim this week so not sure what I will get done but will keep pluggin away. Plus I am getting a bit freaked out about how close Christmas is coming so need to come up with or finish some long standing projects done that were meant for Christmas's past
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Comment

Making slow but steady progress on Winter's Song. I finished blocks 9 and 10 yesterday. Two more blocks and the appliqued border to go.
      WintersSong 019.JPG WintersSong 004.jpg
      Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

I finished my embroidery for my project! WooHoo! I'll post a picture later. Now to sew the big sections together and sew on the applique.
        "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
        Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Still working on the quilts for the animal shelter. I have twelve done so I have eight to go to meet my goal.

Sylvia, I am going to attempt to make us matching pj bottoms for Christmas too. Here is a tutorial I found online - maybe it will work for you. http://www.livingwellspendingless.co...-pajama-pants/

Jeannette

Comment

I sat down this evening and made the needed alteration to a sweatshirt I had made for myself, then I also put a neckband on a shirt I made for DS, and hemmed the sleeves and waist for him. I am down to one item that needs alterations and then I hope to make headway on the Halloween shirts for the kids. I don't think I'll finish them in a weekend, but it's worth getting started if they'll wear and enjoy them in October!

Comment

I'm working on a freestanding machine embroidered/ appliqued snowman. I've managed to get 4 of the 11 pieces done. Takes a while to stitch out so I'm sorting out scraps of fabric while the machine ticks away and getting the sewing room straightened out.
              If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Thats what i need to do

Comment

This week I will ride two quilts baby of my UFOs and quilting, I hope to finish them for the weekend and display them in the group, the quilt scrappy already finished but the quilt of stained glass window I have not yet finished because my fingers are a little sore padding, Hope to finish by the end of month

Comment

I would have loved to get the Christmas quilt I am FMQ done by the end of Sept but it looks doubtful since my sister wants me to go to the movies today. It won't matter if I don't get it done, maybe by the end of Nov which is when I need it anyway.
                    It does seem to be growing, the more I FMQ the bigger it gets.

Comment

I have not made a lot of progress, I'm exhausted and not feeling well this weekend. I've napped and slept lots but the energy is just LOW today. The kids are excited for their new Halloween shirts, so at least I know it won't be wasted effort. I hope to print the patterns today and have the fabric cut by the end of the week. Then I can sew them up next weekend. That gives them a few weeks to enjoy them as much as possible ;-)

Oh, I also have four pairs of pants to hem for DH, and a button to sew on. I think I should do that first so he doesn't wander around naked this fall.... the seasons have definitely changed, and it is cold out there. I'm not sure I'm going to miss summer. There's no better excuse than a cold, snowy day to stay inside and sew.

Comment

Probably I should work on my Christmas gifts.
                        Even more, I should try to finish sewing the bag for a coworker, but this bag is such a pain it's becoming even more difficult to just pick it in my hands.
                        But I noticed that doing a block from the Splendid Sampler sew along is really good for me when I'm too stressed here is the latest!

21.jpg
                        My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Comment

I should be sewing instead I am stressing out and planning a baby shower how did I let myself add this to my list of things to do this month! On a good note I nabbed some fantastic fabric at the thrift store in colorways I am working with at the moment and at a decent price too. Course the baby shower means I need to get that quilt going. On a good note all I have left is binding on the quilt I have been working on. Now to just get off this computer and go do that. hmmm one of those days.
                          Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Comment

Blocks 11 and 12 of Winters Song completed. The borders will also be appliqued. I think this is going to be my personal best applique.

WintersSong 001.JPGWintersSong 020.JPG
                            Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Denise, that is gorgeous! I have loved seeing your progress - you just keep going girl!

I finished a quilt for a friend of mine going through chemo for the 2nd time this year. Quilted it with hearts so she would know she is loved.

2016-09-28 22.07.17.jpg

14448867_640897712750762_2211263211486277698_n.jpg

I also have the quilt top completed for the baby shower this month - need to get it quilted soon! Should be in there, but am sitting on the computer instead!
                              Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Working...
                              X