Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIP - 9/20/16 - So many quilts, so little time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIP - 9/20/16 - So many quilts, so little time!

This is how I have been feeling for most of this year - not enough time to do all I want to do. Not just quilts, but other sewing projects as well. But I believe my real problem is not time, but poor time management. Gotta change that!

Sew - I did sew this past week. One reading pillow completed, and the second will be finished tonight. Pictures to follow. I made changes to the original directions. I wanted more quilting, and I didn't like the way it closed in the back. Now that the two are almost finished, I am discovering that this is a really easy project to do, and I plan to make some for my neighbor's children too.

BTW - remember last week's joke about not having too much fabric, but too small of a sewing room? My sister and I went to the quilt show last Thursday, where I proceeded to buy 47 fat quarters! Oh, I should take some pictures of them, too.

I hope you all find time this week to work on your projects. Let us know what you are doing.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Re: WIP - 9/20/16 - So many quilts, so little time!

If you need more room, Sylvia, you could send those FQs to me.

I packaged and mailed four gift quilts today--yay! I have one top nearly done and just started a mystery quilt last week, but for some reason, I'm itching to start another project. You could say I'm addicted to quiltmaking!
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Comment

I know what you mean by time management, I have to make myself a list of what I want to get done and set a deadline or I never seem to get everything finished. I spend way to much time on the computer looking at quilts and things. This week and next week is dedicated solely to machine embroidered baby towel hoodies and trick or treat bags for my youngest grandsons party at school. Quilting items will just have to wait for a few weeks before I can get back to them.

Comment

Time management is so important! I feel like I lost a week due to this cold I have. Currently, I'm making small (36x36) flannel quilts for the Animal Shelter. 20 is my goal and I have 3 done so far this week. I scored paw print flannel at JoAnn's for 3.49/yd. It isn't the best quality but it is sturdy and looks cute. My friend wants to sell some at her craft fair so I need to make a few extra.

Jeannette

Comment

Hi Jeanette, what do you stuff them with? I donated 10-15 sleep pads mad out of Michael Vick football jerseys to our local shelter. Bless you!!

Comment

What does the term "WIP" on this site mean?

Comment

Originally posted by CookieZenmilk View Post
              What does the term "WIP" on this site mean?
              Hi Cookie. WIP is Work In Progress.
              Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

ohhhhhhhhhhh! Thank you.

Comment

Hi Cookie, it took me a while to figure out all the initials they use here too. Finally figured out that DH is dear husband but the hardest one for me is dd. Sometimes it means dear daughter and sometimes it means daily deal. I wonder sometimes if the comments on here are really as funny as I read them or if it's just that I'm reading them wrong. Either way, I get a chuckle.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yep, time management is a challenge for me, mostly because things always take longer than I think they will... But I haven't really had time to just sit and work at all, in a long time... Even my pathetic pile of cloth napkins is dragging on for what feels like forever.

I feel guilty sewing instead of spending time with my family lately... Which never used to plague me, but it's more of a challenge these days.

Comment

Originally posted by PatinValrico View Post
                      Hi Jeanette, what do you stuff them with? I donated 10-15 sleep pads mad out of Michael Vick football jerseys to our local shelter. Bless you!!
                      Oh that is so nice of you! I stuff them with warm and natural cotton batting.

Jeannette

Comment

Time management is sometimes a problem for me too. It seems when I should be meeting a deadline on a project I want to start a new one instead!
                        I did make 3 quilts for the grandchildren for Christmas. One is completely finished with a matching fabric basket to go with it, two are at the long armers being quilted and will need the bindings (which are already cut) when I get them back, the second fabric basket is done and only one more basket to go. This year I'm actually sticking with the "get it done plan" ahead of Christmas. Hopefully I'll continue to stay on track with the rest of the gift giving and enjoy the holidays.
                        If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

I always have that "best plans of mice & men" syndrome. If anything could go wrong or delay me, It DOES.. This week started off great and getting lots done, then an inner ear infection stopped me in my tracks. Talk about Dizzy--and I am not a true blonde!!

Oh, well, I can sit and mark the illusion quilt in hopes It well be ready to quilt this week end.. or when ever this dizzy spell passes. (I am taking meds for it)

marking qlt1.JPG
                          Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
                          :icon_wave:

Comment

I hate to be too sleepy to sew or quilt this week TWICE at work asked me to work on my day off AT THE VERY LAST TIME and I accepted to be helpful. I wanted some free time to relax sewing and I CAN'T!

But it's a joy to read what you're doing

Sylvia H, 47 fat quarters?!?!? WOW! Quilt paradise
                            My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Comment

Originally posted by Granny Judy View Post
                              I always have that "best plans of mice & men" syndrome. If anything could go wrong or delay me, It DOES.. This week started off great and getting lots done, then an inner ear infection stopped me in my tracks. Talk about Dizzy--and I am not a true blonde!!

Oh, well, I can sit and mark the illusion quilt in hopes It well be ready to quilt this week end.. or when ever this dizzy spell passes. (I am taking meds for it)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]135466[/ATTACH]
                              Love the look of this quilt, please post a full picture when. You're done. Hope your ear clears up quickly!
                              If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Working...
                              X