Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIP - 9/13/16 - I don't have too much fabric ...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    WIP - 9/13/16 - I don't have too much fabric ...

    I don't have too much fabric, the problem is my sewing room is too small!

    I am going to a quilt show on Thursday - I'll be trying very hard not to buy too much for my too small sewing room!

    I'm starting to feel better - I guess the Vitamin D suppliments are working. Still have those pesky hives, though - but less itchy and less red - slowly going away. And I did get some sewing done this week. The reading pillow projects are not finished, but I am making progress! So, I'll continue on and see what else I can get into this week!

    Please share what you are working on this week.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

    #2
    Re: WIP - 9/13/16 - I don't have too much fabric ...

    Trying to finish the last of three gift quilts--I got it basted today!
    Courtesy is not optional.

    http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

    Comment


      #3
      Re: WIP - 9/13/16 - I don't have too much fabric ...

      I am trying to get my retreat favors finished.......still!
      pat.

      No rain....no rainbows!


      sigpic

      If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

      Comment


        #4
        Re: WIP - 9/13/16 - I don't have too much fabric ...

        I started on the binding tool star quilt , I think it is going to go fast. Also have 3 quilts to handsew the binding on.
        Last edited by Anitamae56; September 13, 2016, 03:13 PM.

        Comment


          #5
          Re: WIP - 9/13/16 - I don't have too much fabric ...

          Taking a break from the never-ending hexagon quilt. Making wine bottle gift bags for my friend to sell at her craft fair. They are super easy and finishing one feels like instant gratification. Here is the link to the tutorial that I'm following; http://www.tiedyedivablog.com/2014/0...-bag-tutorial/


          Jeannette

          Comment


            #6
            Re: WIP - 9/13/16 - I don't have too much fabric ...

            Almost a month that I do nothing of patchwork ago, so this week I decided to finish some of my UFOs, so I am quilting to machine with a scrappy quilt and hours of television I´ve recovered a stained glass window quilt that has been in the closet more 5 years, and although this somewhat padded hand I hope to finish this month

            Comment


              #7
              Re: WIP - 9/13/16 - I don't have too much fabric ...

              I'm working on block 7 of the Winter's Song pattern. I still need to add a bird. I think I will try designing a Painted Bunting. If it doesn't work I will use the bird design that came with the pattern.
              WintersSong 003.JPG
              Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

              Comment


                #8
                Re: WIP - 9/13/16 - I don't have too much fabric ...

                Originally posted by CraftyJnet View Post
                Taking a break from the never-ending hexagon quilt. Making wine bottle gift bags for my friend to sell at her craft fair. They are super easy and finishing one feels like instant gratification. Here is the link to the tutorial that I'm following; http://www.tiedyedivablog.com/2014/0...-bag-tutorial/
                I have made quite a few wine bottle bags. My pattern is different in that it is lined. I am going to try yours, as it uses less material! For some of my bags, I have used left over material to make a set of 4 coasters to match the bag.

                Originally posted by DeniseSm View Post
                I'm working on block 7 of the Winter's Song pattern. I still need to add a bird. I think I will try designing a Painted Bunting. If it doesn't work I will use the bird design that came with the pattern.
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]135016[/ATTACH]
                Denise, this project is so lovely. I really liked seeing the progression in the pictures you posted.
                If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: WIP - 9/13/16 - I don't have too much fabric ...

                  Originally posted by URIBARRI-MAYOR View Post
                  Almost a month that I do nothing of patchwork ago, so this week I decided to finish some of my UFOs, so I am quilting to machine with a scrappy quilt and hours of television I´ve recovered a stained glass window quilt that has been in the closet more 5 years, and although this somewhat padded hand I hope to finish this month
                  Oh! I like to have the television on when I am quilting, too. Your quilts are always lovely, so I look forward to seeing this one when it is finished.
                  If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: WIP - 9/13/16 - I don't have too much fabric ...

                    Pulled the Halloween stash out and am working on Halloween quilts for the five ( 2grands, 1 niece, 2 nephews) little ones in the family (all under 4). My sister and I sewed up the five tops, time to quilt them. There was plenty of fabric so we decided to make a couple for us. The two adults quilts are from Jenny's sashed hexi quilt pattern both will be queens.
                    Last edited by MomGram; September 14, 2016, 01:04 AM.
                    sigpicAnita G.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: WIP - 9/13/16 - I don't have too much fabric ...

                      001.jpgWorking on my Craftsy 2012 BOM finally and just need to get it together.
                      I decided to quilt-as-you-go and have 2 rows together so far.....
                      ....it will be 5x5 when finished, also it will be done rag quilt style and I didn't actually stay true to the
                      pattern.....didn't care to try some of the blocks that she did, so just kinda did my own thing.
                      Here are some pics some of you may remember;


                      Sylvia, I don't think you have "too" much fabric either!
                      Attached Files
                      ~Kathy~

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: WIP - 9/13/16 - I don't have too much fabric ...

                        Kathy, love your blocks. The black and yellow scheme is so fresh and modern. What a wonderful update.
                        Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: WIP - 9/13/16 - I don't have too much fabric ...

                          Originally posted by MomGram View Post
                          Pulled the Halloween stash out and am working on Halloween quilts for the five ( 2grands, 1 niece, 2 nephews) little ones in the family (all under 4). My sister and I sewed up the five tops, time to quilt them. There was plenty of fabric so we decided to make a couple for us. The two adults quilts are from Jenny's sashed hexi quilt pattern both will be queens.
                          Wow! You and sister are busy! I am looking forward to seeing the final results. Won't the children just be thrilled will Halloween quilts!
                          If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: WIP - 9/13/16 - I don't have too much fabric ...

                            Kathy - thank you for what I am sure is a very unbiased evaluation of my stash! I love what you have done with the BOM. Black, white and yellow is a gorgeous combination. I have that on my list of 'want to make'.
                            If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: WIP - 9/13/16 - I don't have too much fabric ...

                              Sylvia H whish you are feeling a little better everyday

                              Did anyone say HALLOWEEN?!?!? Although I'm European I go crazy for Halloween! Guess it happens when you spend an Halloween in Vermont as a 16yrs old and get to partecipate to a Halloween musical as a witch something just clicked!
                              Btw the OFFICIAL excuse is that I needed to find the binding for my table runner since it's a gift for a friend I'm visiting SUnday... this is what I bought I will show you the runner when it's done!
                              stoffine halloween 2uiiii.jpgstoffine halloween uiiii.jpg
                              My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

                              Queen of Quiltgard

                              Lover of Scraps

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X