Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIP - 9/6/16 - Hello Fall? Hello Spring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Granny Judy
    replied
    Re: WIP - 9/6/16 - Hello Fall? Hello Spring?

I had to try a New to me pattern this week.. I finally got a grand way of making the Mariner's Compass.
    DSCN8307.JPG

PhillipsFabricArt.com has the templates and video on how to make this..https://youtu.be/u3IHXd6b1HQ

If you are new to quilting, this is the fastest, easiest way to get your Compass together.. not a lot of little pieces to fuss with either.

Leave a comment:

• RockinLou
    replied

Originally posted by seaturtle View Post
    I love the illusion quilt. That appliqué is beautiful. I'm going to start visiting this thread so I can see these great projects every week.
    I hope you do! The more the merrier!!

I've been on hiatus, between jetlag and school getting started it's always tough for me to sew the month of August and into early September. Today I broke the streak though, I put some finishing details on a pile of items that I had serged but not completed before we flew back last month.

I have cut the fabric for a new pile of cloth napkins that is greatly needed, and that's what I'm sewing on today, and probably throughout the week. I don't know what big project will come next, but I probably won't start anything really important until October break.

I do have Halloween fabric for shirts I promised the kids, so those are probably next in line after operation napkin ;-)

all these beautiful projects put my nonsense to shame though!

Cindy- I live in Sandy Springs when I'm not in Kazakhstan, which is also close to Atlanta!

Leave a comment:

• DeniseSm
    replied

I finished block six of Winters Song. You probably can't tell from the photos but I have improved tremendously in turning the edges under in just six blocks of learning and doing. My points are now pointy and my curves are round. I have included a close up of the cardinal because I spend an extra 25 minutes trying to find the right fabric for the tail.

WintersSong 002.JPGWintersSong 001.JPGWintersSong 003.JPG

Leave a comment:

• sewlucky
    replied

image.jpg

My fabrics are cut but I've not been in the space to sew today. I didn't sleep well last night and have been headachy all day. Yuck. On the upside, the quilting book I requested from the library last week came in today! I saw it at the quilt shop and really liked it but decided to try the library before I spent $46 Canadian on it!

Terri

Leave a comment:

• Altairss
    replied

Working on two UFO's and a another lap quilt might make it a gift for a wedding its a stash and left over quilt. I have two starbright tops slightly enlarged waiting for quilting. Need to get rocking but feeling kinda blah today lol

Leave a comment:

• Angelia
    replied

I'm quilting a couple of gifts this week and working on my Pfeffernüsse quilt.

Leave a comment:

• MaryUK
    replied

I have 3 cosmetics bags and 2 shopping bags to do for a lady at work. Then made the mistake of showing a finished bag to another lady who also fundraises and she has asked me to do some for her.
    And as I clearly never learn I was telling my friend that my LQS is having a sale of FQ - 10 for £10 and told her why I had been in the shop and she said - "will you be making for Christine at church to sell" - feel so bad so have now promised some more!!!
    I know they don't take long to make but as I work full time I don't have a huge amount of free time and there is a deadline for them all!!
    I had wanted to sandwich and Quilt 2 throws for DD birthday at the end if October!!! Time is running out!!! Does anyone have a good quilt pattern to sew some more time a 48 hour day would suit me hahaha

Leave a comment:

• GaGa
    replied

It's lovely and a great way to use a charm pack!

Leave a comment:

• seaturtle
    replied

I love the illusion quilt. That appliqué is beautiful. I'm going to start visiting this thread so I can see these great projects every week.

Leave a comment:

• PatinValrico
    replied

Outstanding, Judy! You make us so proud!

Leave a comment:

• pcbatiks
    replied

Judy, I love your Illusion quilt! The gray fabrics and prints are perfect with this pattern!

Terri, I'm making the smaller size of the Star Bright quilt but I added a row in each direction. The 6 inch squares worked better for me because I making it from assorted scrap fabrics. I might end up adding another row.......but not sure yet.

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

Originally posted by Granny Judy View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]134784[/ATTACH]

Its a topper based on Jenny's Illusion tutorial.. only I used a charm pack. The minute I saw all the grey in the fabric, I knew it was gonna be a great Illusion.

Now to find some backing fabric and finish this one for the Abuse Center.

This is a wonderful looking Illusion quilt! Love It!!

Leave a comment:

• Granny Judy
    replied

serenity illusion charms.jpg

Its a topper based on Jenny's Illusion tutorial.. only I used a charm pack. The minute I saw all the grey in the fabric, I knew it was gonna be a great Illusion.

Now to find some backing fabric and finish this one for the Abuse Center.

Leave a comment:

• sewlucky
    replied

Originally posted by pcbatiks View Post
    I started sewing on my latest quilt that I laid out a few days ago. It's the free Craftsy pattern. I think the name is Star Bright.
    I've made this quilt! I used layer cakes. I made it for my son. I didn't do the best job on the quilting, but it was one of my first projects and I'm proud of it �� I hope you share photos of yours! What size are you making it?

Terri

Leave a comment:

• pcbatiks
    replied

I started sewing on my latest quilt that I laid out a few days ago. It's the free Craftsy pattern. I think the name is Star Bright.

Still need to get back to embroidery on niece's quilt.

Denise, that quilt is going to be so pretty!

Sylvia.....I hope you continue to feel better.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X