Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIP - 9/6/16 - Hello Fall? Hello Spring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIP - 9/6/16 - Hello Fall? Hello Spring?

Summertime is "officially" over in the US, but is it really the beginning of Fall? I was able to go two days without A/C - but had to turn it on again today. Now, if I were in the southern hemisphere, I would be looking forward to turning off the heat and waiting for warmer spring days.

I want to thank everyone who asked about my health, and I will get back with answers to your questions. Right now, I am dealing with an allergic reaction to a new medication! I developed hives on my arms yesterday, but, fortunately, they aren't really itchy.

I also haven't done diddly in my sewing room! But the week was not a total washout. I got to meet Preeti and her husband Paul for a lovely lunch on Friday. I am fortunate to be on Preeti's route from her home to her sister's home, so she often swings over for a visit with me.

Another accomplishment was a cooking spree on Sunday. I made another version of Unstuffed Cabbage, this time in the crock pot and with rice; turkey and bean burritos; onion thyme jam; and a bean sauce that was a failure - but I am going to save it by turning it into chili.

So, I have two questions to be answered: 1) Will I get the reading pillows finished this week? and What is everyone else working on?
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Re: WIP - 9/6/16 - Hello Fall? Hello Spring?

I am working on a wall hanging (a row by row panel). Lots of applique. I know why I don't do applique. Too many tiny pieces. Also hand sewing the binding on king size quilt. Will likely be working on this for 2 weeks. (I gave myself a hard deadline of Sept. 16, to get it done).
    Good luck with everyone else's projects.

Comment

Sylvia, hope you feel better soon.

I am making steady progress on my first freezer paper applique. It is a good thing I didn't know how involved this was, or I would have picked an easier piece to learn on. I am committed now. I do like the finished result. I have finished block 4 and joined the first five blocks together. Five blocks in two weeks isn't that bad for such a pretty applique.

WintersSong 001.JPGWintersSong 005.JPG
      Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

I just posted what I will be working on this week!

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/showthread.php?t=65596

I'm pretty excited! But talking to the lady in the quilt shop who was cutting my fabric I got all choked up �� Lol

Terri

Comment

I'm still waiting for more fabric for my hexi quilt. In the meantime, I'm going through my stash using up as much as I can making shopping bags.

Jeannette

Comment

Originally posted by CraftyJnet View Post
            I'm still waiting for more fabric for my hexi quilt. In the meantime, I'm going through my stash using up as much as I can making shopping bags.
            What kind of pattern do you use for the shopping bags?

Terri

Comment

I started sewing on my latest quilt that I laid out a few days ago. It's the free Craftsy pattern. I think the name is Star Bright.

Still need to get back to embroidery on niece's quilt.

Denise, that quilt is going to be so pretty!

Sylvia.....I hope you continue to feel better.
              "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
              Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Originally posted by pcbatiks View Post
                I started sewing on my latest quilt that I laid out a few days ago. It's the free Craftsy pattern. I think the name is Star Bright.
                I've made this quilt! I used layer cakes. I made it for my son. I didn't do the best job on the quilting, but it was one of my first projects and I'm proud of it �� I hope you share photos of yours! What size are you making it?

Terri

Comment

serenity illusion charms.jpg

Its a topper based on Jenny's Illusion tutorial.. only I used a charm pack. The minute I saw all the grey in the fabric, I knew it was gonna be a great Illusion.

Now to find some backing fabric and finish this one for the Abuse Center.
                  Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
                  :icon_wave:

Comment

Originally posted by Granny Judy View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]134784[/ATTACH]

Its a topper based on Jenny's Illusion tutorial.. only I used a charm pack. The minute I saw all the grey in the fabric, I knew it was gonna be a great Illusion.

Now to find some backing fabric and finish this one for the Abuse Center.

This is a wonderful looking Illusion quilt! Love It!!
                    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Judy, I love your Illusion quilt! The gray fabrics and prints are perfect with this pattern!

Terri, I'm making the smaller size of the Star Bright quilt but I added a row in each direction. The 6 inch squares worked better for me because I making it from assorted scrap fabrics. I might end up adding another row.......but not sure yet.
                      "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                      Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Outstanding, Judy! You make us so proud!

Comment

I love the illusion quilt. That appliqué is beautiful. I'm going to start visiting this thread so I can see these great projects every week.
                          Cindy

Comment

It's lovely and a great way to use a charm pack!
                            Brenda. :icon_wave:

Comment

I have 3 cosmetics bags and 2 shopping bags to do for a lady at work. Then made the mistake of showing a finished bag to another lady who also fundraises and she has asked me to do some for her.
                              And as I clearly never learn I was telling my friend that my LQS is having a sale of FQ - 10 for £10 and told her why I had been in the shop and she said - "will you be making for Christine at church to sell" - feel so bad so have now promised some more!!!
                              I know they don't take long to make but as I work full time I don't have a huge amount of free time and there is a deadline for them all!!
                              I had wanted to sandwich and Quilt 2 throws for DD birthday at the end if October!!! Time is running out!!! Does anyone have a good quilt pattern to sew some more time a 48 hour day would suit me hahaha

Comment

Working...
                              X