Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIP 9/29/2016 Progressing through the year, October already? Fall is a time for fresh starts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SagedCrone
    replied
    Re: WIP 9/29/2016 Progressing through the year, October already? Fall is a time for fresh starts.

Can I ask a question? ..I'm fairly new here, haven't posted but once many months ago, but I do read as often as I can. What is this group about? I would love to find a group here that I can chat with about ongoing projects, ideas and such..is this the place for me? Thanks in advance..

Leave a comment:

• oldsewer
    replied
    Re: WIP 9/29/2016 Progressing through the year, October already? Fall is a time for fresh starts.

No seasonal stuff in production or planning here, I just have these 4 lap quilts that technically should be done now. However, I figured out over the weekend that the deadline is artificial, and I can readjust it. Good thing, since I have 2 tops pieced, and third started, and none sandwiched or quilted. I did get a lot of non-quilting stuff done today though. Hope the rest of you are having a good start to your week, except those in the floods. Sure hope you are staying safe if you can. Sharon

Leave a comment:

• redcaboose1717
    replied

Originally posted by pcbatiks View Post
    I've sewn rows of batik blocks together and now working on applique block to add into the quilt. Deciding how to machine quilt on the applique block is intimidating me a little but I'll figure it out.

Hope everyone has a successful quilting week. May your bobbin not run out until the project is finished.
    Actually I was making a set of pillowcases for a B-day gift....and my bobbin ran out just as I had finished the last pillowcase !

Leave a comment:

• Juliet Taylor
    replied

Good morning everyone just had a cup of coffee along with a chocolate bun ( a very tiny one!) I baked and freezed for our breakfast!

I'm missing so much of this forum, but while sipping coffee I found some quiet to check all 7 pages of this thread, YAY!
    Everyone here is sewing sew much! Way to go ladies

Now I'll go visit a fellow quilter friend and I'll give her birthday present, I made her a Weighted PinCushion with Rob Appell's tutorial, I love it! It's so useful!! I'll post a pic after that!

Btw who's working on something seasonal beside me and RockinLou (your pumpkins are pretty!!) ?
    I'm appliqueing something just for fun, it's for me, so I have something easy to work on when I'm too stressed to work on anything else. Probably it will be a wall hanging or a pillow

Wip Pumpkins.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Josephine09
    replied

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
    Okay, Sammi - you have me just a wee-bit confused.

Where's the dolls head?
    It's a bunny rabbit! LOL I didn't have a doll to try it out with. The carrier is big enough the doll (or stuffed animal) will fit all the way inside.

Leave a comment:

• wildernessquilter
    replied

I have realized that I have 4 quilts to get made by Christmas. One of them is started. the blocks are mostly made but I have to set it up and sash it . The other three are still living in my head so it is time to get them to fabric.

I can do it all if my husband will stop asking me to go for a motorcycle ride with him every sunny day we have. I mean really, what is more important making a quilt top or enjoying the beautiful day? Maybe I should cut back the number of quilts that I think I have to make. Hmmm, let me think about that.

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

Okay, Sammi - you have me just a wee-bit confused.

Where's the dolls head?

Leave a comment:

• Josephine09
    replied

Hey all! What a crazy busy week. Hope all are doing well and being able to make progress on projects!

I just finished up a dolly baby carrier for my niece for her birthday next week.

Baby Carrier 1.jpg Baby Carrier 3.jpg

Leave a comment:

• RockinLou
    replied

Originally posted by Altairss View Post
    Angelia lovely quilt I quite like how it turned out! Baby Quatrefoil is in the wash tried something new with the binding big mistake lots of pirate words and a repair but got it finished tried something new on the label and did like that. Trying to decide on how I will quilt the 2 color weave quilt and the pink and gray chevron. Thinking of walking foot design on the chevron maybe feather so undecided today lol Go away head cold.
    feel better soon!! I think echo quilting looks great on a real geometric pattern like a chevron. I how the quatrefoil washed up well!

I have no idea how I will quilt my pumpkins .. I had not even thought about it yet!! Now I'm worrying about that too, thanks a lot ;-)

Leave a comment:

• RockinLou
    replied

Claire, I'm glad you're feeling better! I think you win the squirreling award for the week, it's okay if you burry yourself in your sewing room for winter, it will help you keep warm.

Midge, the birdwatching group sounds like fun, but a warm brunch sounds even better!!

I made banana muffins yesterday and a crock pot chicken today, it's funny how we are all on the same wavelength. The weather here has been stunningly clear and unseasonably warm. I'm trying to spend as much time outside as humanly possible before winter sets in. We remembered this morning that there was a cycling race in town closing down many roads so our plan to go to the market was thwarted. I haven't left campus in almost two weeks, this is not good for my soul, so first thing next Saturday morning I am going on an urban wander... I'll see if I can convince my daughter to go with me, or maybe I'll adopt some friends, or just go it solo.... that last option sounds glorious, actually!!
    Last edited by RockinLou; October 4th, 2015, 08:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RockinLou
    replied

I had enough floss for my pumpkin vies

I have some planning work to sort out tonight still, but I should be able to finish the top tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• Altairss
    replied

Angelia lovely quilt I quite like how it turned out! Baby Quatrefoil is in the wash tried something new with the binding big mistake lots of pirate words and a repair but got it finished tried something new on the label and did like that. Trying to decide on how I will quilt the 2 color weave quilt and the pink and gray chevron. Thinking of walking foot design on the chevron maybe feather so undecided today lol Go away head cold.

Leave a comment:

• Midge
    replied

Originally posted by Angelia View Post
    Midge--the pattern is a mystery quilt from another forum. I think it would make a nice quilt of valor, too.
    Yes it definitely would make a great quilt of valor. I would love that design in red/white/blue.

Leave a comment:

• pcbatiks
    replied

I think I will start working on my Grinch quilt again. I also want to try a purse pattern I got for Christmas last year.......made from batiks...of course!

Leave a comment:

• Angelia
    replied

Midge--the pattern is a mystery quilt from another forum. I think it would make a nice quilt of valor, too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X