Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIP 9/29/2016 Progressing through the year, October already? Fall is a time for fresh starts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WIP 9/29/2016 Progressing through the year, October already? Fall is a time for fresh starts.

Looks very nice, I agree with Granny Fran enjoy it as it is and finish it when you can.
    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Re: WIP 9/29/2016 Progressing through the year, October already? Fall is a time for fresh starts.

Lou if you tell my what color of floss - dmc I hope- I'll mail it.. I have a good supply. It should arrive before thanksgiving I would think. Also the Denver dress isreally neat, versatile too. I like it done as a top for slacks. Good buy!

Comment

What a sweet offer, old sewer! If you don't have it, maybe I can find it for Lou next time I'm at Joann's.

Comment

Finished WiP. I'm having a terrible time getting a decent photo of this one!

Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Angelia View Post
            Finished WiP. I'm having a terrible time getting a decent photo of this one!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]118926[/ATTACH]
            I'm sorry, the attachment doesn't work. I'll repost from my laptop tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by oldsewer View Post
              Lou if you tell my what color of floss - dmc I hope- I'll mail it.. I have a good supply. It should arrive before thanksgiving I would think. Also the Denver dress isreally neat, versatile too. I like it done as a top for slacks. Good buy!
              Thanks, but I might try to get to the market tomorrow, which I havent told DH yet, but he usually doesnt say no to me ;-) We just don't go out as much as I'd like to, but we are all exhausted so its a tough balance.

I managed a playdate last night while my husband stayed late at work for the school play auditions, and then today he is taking our daughter to the grocery store and I will be hosting another playdate, this time for my son. Today will be easier though, the little boy coming knows me well and has been here before, yesterday with a new 6 year old who is also new to the school, also has limited English, it was a little stressful. They are all smiles though, which is the important part. My kids play extremely well together, just the two of them, but we've decided to make a more conscious effort to have friends over this year, we live on campus so security can be stressful and irritating mostly because it is really tight all the time which is reasonable for an international school but not comfortable to live under, so we don't like to subject our guests to it! We are just going to deal with it though, and let our kids invite friends over more often. For me, it is the language barrier with parents that I struggle with, but I really need to get over that for the good of the kids. Thank God for e-mail and text messages.

anyway.. I'm here this morning debating making some banana bread muffins and then deciding if I should piece the boarders of the pumpkin wall hanging or start something new. I really don't want to piece and quilt the entire thing then have to go back and do the vines, I struggle with hand work, and won't want to stitch it through a completed quilt, I'd rather do the blocks as small pieces and get the vines in before it is quilted. I suppose there is a lot I can still do to join these blocks and frame out the quilt.

I have a few other projects im looking at though, one is a fun flannel quilt that I had long intended to make for my son, maybe I should finally do that and give it to him for Christmas? There is lots of cutting, but it looks fairly simple to assemble... the other one I'm looking at is a Christmas table runner... tempting, but there is more applique involved, just like the pumpkins!

oh decisions....

Comment

After a week I finally got back into the sewing room and finished the FMQ on the baby quatrefoil quilt. Its all squared up and ready for binding today and into the wash so I can gift it tomorrow. Will be just in time. Now to get the other two done One baby was born preemie the other is due anytime. I was out of town for the last ones shower so bought myself a little more time.
                Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Comment

Hoping these load correctly.

Finished mystery quilt:

DSCN1061.jpg

DSCN1056.jpg

Comment

Angelia, your quilt is lovely.
                    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Angelia, I love it!!

As for me, I proceeded with the pumpkins, I will do what I can, the whole top is very close to being pieced, all the boarders are ready to go, so I might as well assemble the top...

Comment

Puttering along today since I am feeling a little bit better.
                        I decided to just work on several things at once. I am doing the sashing on a quatrefoil, stop border on a pinwheels on point and did two chick blocks from Farmgirl Vintage. The workroom is a wreck.
                        I quit so I could watch Alabama play Georgia with DH.
                        There is a roast in the crockpot and the house smells wonderful.

Comment

Angelia, lovely quilt indeed. That is a great design for a man's quilt too. Where did the pattern come from if you care to share it? Lou, it sounds like you may as well cave in and finish the pumpkins. You will be glad you did. Claire, it sounds like you are zipping from one thing to the next. No wonder your sewing room is a wreck! I went out early this AM with my birding group, and this was the first cold/wet day in a long time. Fortunately I dressed right with rain pants and parka, boots, hat and gloves. We don't have the torrential rain of our east coast neighbors, but that jet stream brought us late November weather, for sure. We had planned to drive out east to a nature preserve, so it was kind of a long morning because we all wanted to stop to warm up and eat some brunch. So that was nice. A soup kind of day. Kind of poked a hole in my plan for the day, though, and I want to get sewing tonight. I baked banana muffins earlier and I made pizza dough, so I'll have a very casual dinner with pizza and salad. Not as great a smell as something savory in the crockpot, but pretty darn good. Maybe tonight I'll just take time away from the other things I'm working on and do the Craftsy Summer BOM blocks since that was released on the first. Those are fun.

Comment

Midge--the pattern is a mystery quilt from another forum. I think it would make a nice quilt of valor, too.

Comment

I think I will start working on my Grinch quilt again. I also want to try a purse pattern I got for Christmas last year.......made from batiks...of course!
                              "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                              Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Originally posted by Angelia View Post
                                Midge--the pattern is a mystery quilt from another forum. I think it would make a nice quilt of valor, too.
                                Yes it definitely would make a great quilt of valor. I would love that design in red/white/blue.

Comment

Working...
                                X