Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIP 9/29/2016 Progressing through the year, October already? Fall is a time for fresh starts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WIP 9/29/2016 Progressing through the year, October already? Fall is a time for fresh starts.

I also help with moving knitting yarn and embroidery supplies. But dust? Tables? Hmmm. That's going to take extra sippy cups.

I guess that's one quilt off your list, Pam. Good thing it wasn't done & gifted.

Comment

Re: WIP 9/29/2016 Progressing through the year, October already? Fall is a time for fresh starts.

Dishes anyone? PLEASE!!!
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
        Dishes anyone? PLEASE!!!
        Do you mean to wash dishes or to haul them away?! Because I can assure you I don't want to wash dishes!!
        "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
        Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Pam what happened? Was it the wrong fusible?

On the Today Show this morning they had a segment that said doing dishes was the new yoga. You just need to get into the Zen.
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

On the Today Show this morning they had a segment that said doing dishes was the new yoga. You just need to get into the Zen.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like propaganda to me! No dishes - and no yoga for me! My only zen is on a beach somewhere!
            Brenda. :icon_wave:

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
              Pam what happened? Was it the wrong fusible?

On the Today Show this morning they had a segment that said doing dishes was the new yoga. You just need to get into the Zen.
              I agree with Brenda.......propaganda. That story was probably written by a man without a dishwasher! I had the tv on this morning but I was in the next room.......I thought I heard them taking about that on the Today show.
              "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
              Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Now that I got the binding hem installed on my long dress, I need to bind the sleeve holes and it will be done. After that I have some smaller projects such as the Roses and Chocolate mini quilts that I want to quilt with my Thimblelady supplies, the blue and green landscape wall quilt and then the big kahuna is the Moroccan Tiles quilt. Fall has arrived so with cooler weather I hope to enjoy having a quilt project in my lap.

Comment

Great going!

All I managed was to pack some donations and sweep some dust, move a staging table, do some house searches, design a spreadsheet, wash a KS quilt, change the sheets on the bed, and fix a wonderful dinner.

I hope I never forget how to make my Italian Sausage and Kale soup - love, love, love that stuff. A perfect way to end the day which has been a bit on the chilly and damp side.

Oh, and I kept watching for the moving vans but the nuts didn't show. Bummer!!
                  If a treadle made it my way....
                  sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                  Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                  Sigmund Freud

Comment

Sandy, need dishes, have a whole set of china you're welcome to!

DO dishes as a form of Yoga............Sounds like a Sawyerism to me, LOL!
                    What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Carrie J View Post
                      Sandy, need dishes, have a whole set of china you're welcome to!

DO dishes as a form of Yoga............Sounds like a Sawyerism to me, LOL!
                      No, you don't have to wash dishes.
                      No, I don't need dishes.

Right now I have 3 complete sets, service for 12, to find a home for.

AND I haven't approached the buffet. I know there are at least 4 complete sets there . . .

Who dared call me a hoarder?
                      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Originally posted by oldsewer View Post
                        Lou, don't look now, but on my calendar Oct 1 is Thursday.
                        yes, I don't know what I was thinking!!

Comment

well, I'm tired, I always am on Wednesdays, and in the interest of my waistline I am resisting the urge to eat a bowl of cookie crisps right now , even though I had some pretty revolting lasagna for dinner and couldn't really eat, and I never had time for lunch today. My students are away on a field trip for the next two days and my admin held me back here at school to help her with some administrative tasks, which are truly minimal, so I'm looking forward to two highly productive days at school.

Right now I have 3 complete sets, service for 12, to find a home for.

AND I haven't approached the buffet. I know there are at least 4 complete sets there . . .

Who dared call me a hoarder?
                          Gracious, woman!! Who on earth other than a catering company needs 7 complete sets of table services for 12 ???

Do any of them have birds on them, my mother is obsessed with trying to find new tableware with birds on them... she picks them up piecemeal here and there...

I don't do dishes, because I have a husband who does that. I do laundry, thats what we call an equitable division of labor. (we don't have a dryer, so I was, hang, and fold and put up the clean clothes for all except him)

PCBatiks - just because the couple split up doesn't mean you need to abandon the quilt? I would finish it anyway while you have it out and you are in the groove. You can enjoy it for yourself or have it ready to gift to someone else when the time comes. Break ups are rotten, but always better done before the wedding....

Granny Fran, a rag quilt was on my to-do list this summer, and I never got to it all, but I got it further organized, maybe, just maybe, I will pick it back up in December when we are back in that house. Spring loaded scissors saved my life on the first rag quilt I made. I made it and loved it so much that I never did give it to my nephew who it was intended for at the time! He is now 11, perhaps I should ask him what he would like for college, that's about my turn around time...

Angelia, paper grading should be rewarded with quilting time as much as possible!!

Claire- feel better soon! I struggle to prioritize too, I try to finish things that are closest to finished first, then I usually have one big and one small project going, or I have a clothing item and a quilting item in progress. I am going to try to avoid sewing clothes again for the month, and only focus on my quilts. We'll see... if the month evaporates like the past 2 have I won't get too much done regardless.

Donna- that is quite the list, I'm sure you'll get those baby quilts done quickly, a month is plenty of time for being mostly done I hear you on the years-ago birthday gift for your daughter, my poor son doesn't have a quilt made by me at all.

oldsewer, thanks for joining in, I'd love to see a photo when you are done!

Sylvia- what a lovely sister you are! I'm so sorry for your sister's loss of her home, I'm sure having you with her today has helped her in so many ways beyond the tangible.

If I didn't get to anyone else, it's nothing personal, I'm trying to post and de-brief with my husband about our days at work while also doing this... not an easy feat!!

Comment

Lou, fall is not only upon us, it is 10 days old already! Time is flying so fast - and I thought that when I was retired I would have endless hours to pursue sewing and reading interests. Hah! Between housework, get togethers with friends, the dog, and this n that, I am way behind on my Christmas To Do list! Granny Fran, I don't have rag quilt scissors, I borrowed some when I used them. If I hadn't had the correct tool I think that rag quilt would still be unfinished. It was a recycled jeans based quilt, so not easy to snip! Angelia and Lou, a tip of the hat to you both for your dedication to your profession and your students. From my days of teaching nursing, I remember the effort that goes in to the grading very well. People who think teachers don't work hard have a screw loose imo. Sylvia, somehow I missed knowing that your poor sister lost her home in a fire. How devastating. I wish her well, and she is lucky to have a sister like you beside her for material help and emotional support. Donna, good luck with chipping away at your deadlines too. At least they are baby sized, so you have a chance of meeting the goal!

For my own goals it is to finish the quilt I have just in rows of blocks at present, a gift for my friend's mother. Also a Christmas quilt for my sis. Got to get going on that. I am planning to make the Swoon quilt for myself in Christmas fabrics. I did a test block, but I am not pleased about how it turned out. I guess I didn't have the geese right, because all the points don't line up as they should and the block isn't square. I guess I will try another test block and be more careful with the geese this time. I can always trim down these test blocks and add a border to turn them into cage quilts for the Animal Protective League so they won't be wasted fabric and effort.

swoon test block 1.jpg

Comment

Doing dishes as a form of yoga? I will welcome everyone who wants to do yoga like that at my house, three times a day, extras on weekend and holidays when my gang desecnds on us, lol.
                              As for the Fall arriving, as for us, its been here awhile already. Leaves are coming down and the trees are turning their pretty shades, maybe trying to inspire us to add some different colors to our quilts? Since it was barely above 32 degrees the other morning, Im getting my ice scrapper out of the basement and putting it in my car trunk.
                              I took my first quilting class ever and finally finished the top of a table runner in a wedding ring design. Its not half bad and with a bit mor practice I bet I could do an entire quilt like that. Do I want to or have that kind of time? Maybe not, but I learned a few new techniques, so thats great.

Comment

My thoughts on the Today Show segment instructing us to better ourselves by getting into the Zen of dishwashing. 1) I will give this a teensy tiny bit more credence when this helpful advice is broadcast during the sports segment and directed towards men and boys of the house. 2) No one on the Today show does dishes. It would ruin their manicures. 3) They blather on 5 days a week. Much of it is utter nonsense. This included. Nothing is fun when you are forced to do it multiple times a day every single day with little or no thanks. Because everyone in the house just expects there will be clean dishes when they want them. This is why God gave us electric dishwashers. She gets it.

Comment

Working...
                                X