Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

9/22/15 Work in Progress!! Free laughs and friendship!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cathy F
    replied
    Re: 9/22/15 Work in Progress!! Free laughs and friendship!

Lourixe- great quilt top and love the idea of the prarie points! Now you've intrigued me with leaders and enders.

Leave a comment:

• Carrie J
    replied

Lourixe, that is beautiful, and I'm in Sandy's camp on the finish. I love Prairie Points and think that kind of a finish would be the icing on the cake for this project!

Howdies to all, off to finish a couple of blocks, then read get back into a book.

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25fnkU7L2qc

That's the easy, continuous Prairie Points - so they could be all one color.

Here's another easy one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KoX9t1rG1k

Leave a comment:

• Midge
    replied

Lourixe, that is a lovely quilt top. Do I understand you right that you made this from all leaders and enders HSTs? Wow. After reading Bonnie Hunter's site and hearing folks on this board advocate it, I've started doing that too. Not too many yet, and not enough variety yet to do anything with. But I'll get there.

I like the prairie point idea too because it is less of a focus than a wide outer border in a print. Although that dark purple small flower print would make an awesome border imo. Those lovely blocks can stand alone.

Leave a comment:

• Sylvia H
    replied

I think the scrappy border would be too busy and take away from the awesomeness of the different blocks. Perhaps a narrow stop border in a solid, then a slightly larger border in white, and finally the largest border in a solid (could be the same color as the stop border).

Leave a comment:

• lourixe
    replied

Thanks for the compliments, ladies. But specially to Sandy: you are a genius! Prairie Points! I would have never thought of them, as I have never done any, but I can't resist a challenge.

The top is 34" x 34" so far, I could add up to 3 " (finished) on either side (1 1/2" strip one color + 2 1/2" strip second color) so it ends 40" x 40". The fabrics are totally random, I had been sewing HST's from scraps as Leaders and Enders for several months, before I decided it was time for them to be assembled as blocks in a quilt.

Can you recommend a tutorial on Prairie Points?

Leave a comment:

• Juliet Taylor
    replied

lourixe that is gorgeous

Leave a comment:

• Claire OneStitchAtATime
    replied

It really is lovely, Lourixe.

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

Originally posted by lourixe View Post
    May I ask you, how would you border this?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]118699[/ATTACH]

I was thinking of a thin white strip and a second scrappy border (maybe a keyboard). What can you suggest?
    I think Fran is right. However the first thing that popped into my feeble brain was to pick your favorite colors and do a mini border of one, a slightly wider border in another and the use scraps from all the blocks and do a prairie point edge. I think it need a prairie point!!

It is truly spectacular.

Leave a comment:

• Granny Fran
    replied

Originally posted by lourixe View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]118699[/ATTACH]

I was thinking of a thin white strip and a second scrappy border (maybe a keyboard). What can you suggest?
    I would just bind it in white. Your sashing looks like a neat border already. Unless you want to make it larger that is.

Leave a comment:

• lourixe
    replied

little monkeys top center 1.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Carrie J
    replied

Morning Ladies!

Cathy, I hope your ears were buzzin' girl! The only thing that could've made it better is if you had been there. Lotsa warm fuzzies coming your way from both Lora and I!

Kim, LOL, uh yeah, the Witches Hats are always at the ready................LOL, we're women! And tea's, that's a Sunday ritual for the local nutjobs here. And not a very proper tea, it's got a Texas "skew" to it, doubt we'd EVER be able do the proper Downtown Abbey style!

Sammi, girl you are just rockin' along like crazy, good for you, and ugh on grading. Seems Lou's having much the same issues as you! Hats off to both of ya for your choice of vocation!

Leah, so sorry about the duds GF, but at least there is the "Return" policy. As for the table, good eye, great work! And fabric, yeah, yummy!

Hope all you Gals have a great day today, for those I've missed Hugs and Sorry's attached! As soon as Hubs and I finish breakfast, I'm burrowing into the material and thread.

Leave a comment:

• Juliet Taylor
    replied

Hi ladies, just stopping by to say "Hello" to everybody. Lately I haven't been very present

Love your charm as always I've seen some cool pic!

This is my Wip for today just need to fill the pincushion
    Wip PinCushion for Sara.jpg

Leave a comment:

• lourixe
    replied

Now, you are making me feel fortunate that I am a tour guide and not a teacher! I show and explain things, but I am spared the chore of grading! The drawback is I get my (unpaid) vacations in winter instead of summer.

Leah, I don't think a round table is bad after all. The low bookshelf I modified as sewing cabinet is rectangular, and sometimes a pin from the edge of the quilt sandwich gets caught in the corner. You don't get feet on your way when you are looking for the pedal. It looks like an excellent job. I would only be concerned, if Molly is heavy, about the weight balance of the table. Make sure you have something heavy on the other side.

Sammi, your binding star quilt is stunning. I'm also following your progresses with FMQing, as it is also my goal for this following winter. I use my practice samplers as cushion covers for the windowsills my cat likes to sit at.

I've assembled my Little Monkey blocks. And hemmed and darned pants Hopefully I will get some time for adding borders. I already have a 40" x 40" scrap of batting, and probably a suitable backing, so I could finish this baby quilt before I squirrel again.
    Last edited by lourixe; September 28th, 2015, 08:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RockinLou
    replied

Originally posted by Angelia View Post
    I'm caught up today, but I get over 100 papers to grade next week. *sigh*
    Vicious cycle! I teach middle school, so there are short assignments and units, but I never seem to cycle my classes where all six don't turn in the big project all at the same time.... I don't have a single paper I'm collecting this week, so I'm excited about that

Leave a comment:

Working...
X