Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

9/22/15 Work in Progress!! Free laughs and friendship!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9/22/15 Work in Progress!! Free laughs and friendship!

And quite a bit of quilting updates.

OK, Sophie picked a different item this morning and was a little confused that not every time she picks a paper means her quilt day. The top is done on a new project just need to sammich, hand quilt and bind.

I'm a bit relieved she didn't pick hers today I just didn't have it in me. It's not so much the snowballs it's the fact that all the pieces have to stay together. So it's a lot of thinking and time.

Ok ladies, don't laugh.
    You're laughing already (sigh). So Sophie decided that she didn't want to be a flamingo or a cowboy or a ladybug anymore for Halloween. Her and her daddy are going to dress up as zombies... yes from walking dead show and I'm going to be the character Michonne. Since I don't have dreds I'm going to wear my cloak like wool jacket and make the head band like she wears. I'm looking forward to being a bad ass kitana (sword) wielding zombie fighter. I think this idea is going to stay with sophie, she does a very good zombie impression.

So that is the news for now. Was so busy sewing I forgot it was Tuesday and a new thread is waited on!!! *sorry!*
    sigpicQuilter since 2013.

Re: 9/22/15 Work in Progress!! Free laughs and friendship!

I am only going to be able to contribute to the sillies for a while - machine in ER, off to Hamilton in the morning. May have pictures later today of the PICU/NICU quilts and the pillow cases I'm taking with me. So everyone have fun without me. I'll peek in when I can.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Hey, all, just about done with all my painting projects (trim, doorways and doors) so I can get back to some quilting projects. Did make a sweet little table runner with the zig zag pattern from a charm pack I ordered in spring. Guess better late that never, eh?

Amy, you made me laugh when I read about your serger addiction. I LOVE my serger and it does save lots of time. So happy Maggie is giving you a good time.

For those fortunate enough to be on the retreat this week: ENJOY, and don't forget all of us virtual attendees. lol
      No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
      Aesop

Comment

I've read a couple your previous Work in Progress posts, but I usually don't get to the thread until it already has several pages filled. I have already received more than a fair share of free laughs, and I look forward to those that are forthcoming.

A friend and I begin the 3rd Saturday of each month with a sampler group at a local quilt shop. After lunch, we usually put in a couple of hours of fabric shopping. On our most recent trip, she started counting her works in progress. She expressed concern after she counted seven projects, two of which have fabric purchased but are not actually started. I put on a sympathetic face and patted her on the shoulder while reassuring her that her sewing room was no where near being out of control. I didn't share my count with her because I did not want her head to explode, especially since she was the one driving.

Needless to say, I find great comfort to read about plans devised to get stuff to the "finished" state. More essentially, I find comfort in knowing that I am not the only person who looks at the numerous projects hidden behind the door and realizes a plan may be necessary to get them finished.

Comment

Claire--aren't those your blocks on Bonnie' s blog this morning?
          Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Angelia View Post
            You are kidding -- I'll have to go look!

Comment

omgosh omgosh omgosh I think they are!!!!!

Comment

They certainly look like Claire's.
                If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Originally posted by Claire OneStitchAtATime View Post
                  You are kidding -- I'll have to go look!
                  Oh my, they *are*! I'm blushing. She said she liked them but I thought she was being polite!

Comment

Congrats! They are really pretty.
                    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Comment

Beautiful!! I love the grey and yellows too...

going to bed "early" instead of working on the dress tonight. It is a holiday on Thursday (Kurban Ait or Eid of Abraham) so we will not have school.... I am very much looking forward to a relaxing day, and I'm hoping my son is feeling better ASAP. Poor little dude, his is sleeping, but not very soundly, and is dealing with the fever breaking / chills/ sweats on and off, so I'd better get some rest while I can.

I want to applique something to my daughter's dress... so hopefully I'll have enough of it done tomorrow night that I can take a picture and tell you all my great ideas :-) so you can help me make a decision, because I am incapable of making decisions!

Comment

Originally posted by Splinter View Post
                        I've read a couple your previous Work in Progress posts, but I usually don't get to the thread until it already has several pages filled. I have already received more than a fair share of free laughs, and I look forward to those that are forthcoming.
                        Welcome! You can jump in any time... as long as you're willing to put up with all the nutty squirrels, at least it seems to me so far that they don't bite... well they might bite each other, but they've always been nice to me!

Comment

Congrats to you Claire, beautiful blocks. I knew you would have a ball.
                          I am jealous of the lady with only 7 projects, I am taking more than that to retreat [not M*QC] to work on. It is easy to sew while there but I have trouble when it comes to putting something on a design board and sewing into rows. I take days sometimes to arrange rows. One project is a quatrefoil and I can at least get my sashing on it. I will be swamped with stuff to finish when I get home. It will be beautiful even though not Missouri, the retreat center is on a lake so has lovely views while we sew.

Comment

Yay!
                            ClaireO is famous!! I'm going to sit next to you on the bus and maybe some of it will rub off on me. If not well I'll just be a nuisance anyway.
                            And count me as another super introvert. I'm good one on one, but having to be "on" for the public or even a larger group of friends is exhausting. I can even excel in high pressure situations, but if I don't get daily solitude to sort myself out I am a bear!!
                            I work way harder here on the farm than I even did in my career, and put in twice the hours, but am much happier not having to be on unless it's for something I'm interested in.
                            I forget who said it on the other thread, but us introverts know a lot about a few things and it's those rare times that I can be chatty chatty.

Originally posted by RockinLou View Post
                            Welcome! You can jump in any time... as long as you're willing to put up with all the nutty squirrels, at least it seems to me so far that they don't bite... well they might bite each other, but they've always been nice to me!
                            Well, we don't bite right off the bat anyway...
                            (besides Carrie that is!)

Welcome Splinter!!
                            I'm not even going to confess to my WIPs....
                            Sonic is learning to sew and quilt. .....:icon_noob:

Comment

No they just mud wrestle

Comment

Working...
                              X