Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

9/22/15 Work in Progress!! Free laughs and friendship!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    Re: 9/22/15 Work in Progress!! Free laughs and friendship!

    Me too, ORTA be a sight cause I don't , didn't. Drink. But I may have to try it.

    Ladies Carri and I HAD a misunderstanding.

    We worked it out.

    I am tfying to say I thought wrong about her post. I had hurt feelings.

    Please NOTE.


    🐾Squeals, 🐾rabbits😸 ,playing 🐾🐇in yard........... stockings UP on Wnter 🐾rNUTS.🐾🐇.

    ....Bee
    The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

    ~~♡sigpic
    ~~~~Sewn By Bee

    Comment


      #77
      Re: 9/22/15 Work in Progress!! Free laughs and friendship!

      Originally posted by SewnByBee View Post
      Me too, ORTA be a sight cause I don't , didn't. Drink. But I may have to try it.

      Ladies Carri and I HAD a misunderstanding.

      We worked it out.

      I am tfying to say I thought wrong about her post. I had hurt feelings.

      Please NOTE.


      ��Squeals, ��rabbits�� ,playing ����in yard........... stockings UP on Wnter ��rNUTS.����.
      Glad you guys figured this out.

      Comment


        #78
        Re: 9/22/15 Work in Progress!! Free laughs and friendship!

        Gee whilikers....I try to recover from the garage black hole and all *&^ hits the fan on the forum. I don't do drama....let's all just have fun!

        Thanks for the link for the blocks. I went upstairs to sew and ended up reorganizing the sewing room. How many of you spend as much time reorganizing as much as you sew?

        I am definately a resident of Nutty Acres.
        Connie

        Our lives are like quilts – bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

        Comment


          #79
          Re: 9/22/15 Work in Progress!! Free laughs and friendship!

          I hope all has been sorted out and forgiven, and I really, really, really hope Amy is returning. I look forward to her starting this thread every Tuesday.

          I'll say that I couldn't follow who some of the comments were directed to (which is just fine, I don't need to know). But as a suggestion, it would be helpful to use the "reply with quote" option, or put the person's name in your post. I'd hate to have someone rave about how beautiful my project is, and not know the compliment was directed at me!!!!!!!
          If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

          Comment


            #80
            Re: 9/22/15 Work in Progress!! Free laughs and friendship!

            Folks, long time lurker here. Could you please send the bus through Indiana? I'm not the work horse I used to be, but I'll help with packing, and this is gonna be too much fun to miss!
            Sonic, where on earth did you get the photos of the kittens? Way too cute.
            Ok squirrel experts, I need some opinions. I have a full grown fox squirrel that keeps coming up to the house. The other day, I walked by the kitchen door, only the screen door was shut, and he/she was sitting on my front step by the door! He/she is up here close by a lot. What on earth do you think he/she wants?? I've been painting in the kitchen and one other room this week, and had the door propped open while the threshold dried, and realized that if that squirrel comes in the house I'm toast. Any ideas? I'm not getting any quilting done with all this yucky maintenance stuff, but better get it done. Have plenty of wip waiting. Peace. Sharon (oldsewer)

            Comment


              #81
              Re: 9/22/15 Work in Progress!! Free laughs and friendship!

              Originally posted by oldsewer View Post
              Folks, long time lurker here. Could you please send the bus through Indiana? I'm not the work horse I used to be, but I'll help with packing, and this is gonna be too much fun to miss!
              Sonic, where on earth did you get the photos of the kittens? Way too cute.
              Ok squirrel experts, I need some opinions. I have a full grown fox squirrel that keeps coming up to the house. The other day, I walked by the kitchen door, only the screen door was shut, and he/she was sitting on my front step by the door! He/she is up here close by a lot. What on earth do you think he/she wants?? I've been painting in the kitchen and one other room this week, and had the door propped open while the threshold dried, and realized that if that squirrel comes in the house I'm toast. Any ideas? I'm not getting any quilting done with all this yucky maintenance stuff, but better get it done. Have plenty of wip waiting. Peace. Sharon (oldsewer)
              I'm sorry to inform you that they don't know anything about squirrels....the whole bunch of them have ADD.
              Shirley aka buckeyequilter
              I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

              Comment


                #82
                Re: 9/22/15 Work in Progress!! Free laughs and friendship!

                What ?! As much time as they (I mean WE) spend squirreling no one knows anything about actual wildlife squirrels? Rats. I think I've spent too much time with paint and not enough with fabric, all this stuff actually makes sense to me. lol peace. Sharon

                Comment


                  #83
                  Re: 9/22/15 Work in Progress!! Free laughs and friendship!

                  Originally posted by oldsewer View Post
                  Folks, long time lurker here. Could you please send the bus through Indiana? I'm not the work horse I used to be, but I'll help with packing, and this is gonna be too much fun to miss!
                  Sonic, where on earth did you get the photos of the kittens? Way too cute.
                  Ok squirrel experts, I need some opinions. I have a full grown fox squirrel that keeps coming up to the house. The other day, I walked by the kitchen door, only the screen door was shut, and he/she was sitting on my front step by the door! He/she is up here close by a lot. What on earth do you think he/she wants?? I've been painting in the kitchen and one other room this week, and had the door propped open while the threshold dried, and realized that if that squirrel comes in the house I'm toast. Any ideas? I'm not getting any quilting done with all this yucky maintenance stuff, but better get it done. Have plenty of wip waiting. Peace. Sharon (oldsewer)
                  Hi Sharon
                  Squirrels are notorious for becoming tame quickly if they think food is involved.
                  Look around to see if there is something drawing him close like bushes/flowers/shrubs that have gone to seed next to the house, a bird feeder, smells emanating from the house (besides paints.) This time of year they are looking for anything and everything to tuck away for winter.
                  Should he/she actually ever get in...prop the doors wide open and wait for him/her to leave. The more you panic about the squirrel being in the house, the more they will panic.

                  I'm taking my truck and trailer up to Sandy's and would be happy to pick you up on the way. Not sure there are any seats left on the bus anyway...

                  The kitten pics are from the internet.
                  Last edited by Sonic; September 23, 2015, 06:04 PM.
                  Sonic is learning to sew and quilt. .....:icon_noob:

                  Comment


                    #84
                    Re: 9/22/15 Work in Progress!! Free laughs and friendship!

                    Sonic, Your truck and trailer sound perfect. I'll bring iced tea ( for when you're driving) and snacks. Thanks for the info on squirrels. I like squirrels, but this one worries me a little. I'll have a better look around tomorrow and see if I can figure out what he's munching on. Have a good evening, I'm whipped and gonna watch American Pickers for a while and crash. Sharon

                    Comment


                      #85
                      Re: 9/22/15 Work in Progress!! Free laughs and friendship!

                      You girls are a handful. I never joined the WIP because I wasn't sewing. For some reason I decided to this read one. Yep a handful for sure. lol

                      I had a squirell trained when I was renovating my aunties house on the mainland for 7 mos. All it took was a bird bag of sunflower seeds.

                      squirill.JPG

                      He was good company along with the raccoons.
                      🌺 Lorie

                      Comment


                        #86
                        Re: 9/22/15 Work in Progress!! Free laughs and friendship!

                        Squirrels are such a hoot, especially when they are trying to raid a real squirrel proof bird feeder.
                        All quilts cat tested and approved.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                          #87
                          Re: 9/22/15 Work in Progress!! Free laughs and friendship!

                          Originally posted by Carrie J View Post
                          Sunday is going to be a verrrrry special and planned day that I'll spring pics for (someone here is gonna be surprised) and that's all I'm gonna say. Hee Hee! Hugs to all!
                          Originally posted by Claire OneStitchAtATime View Post
                          C
                          Careful, there, Leah, she might be sending a handsome, kind, funny, smart, competent fireman as a candidate for Mr. Sonic. You don't want to injure him before you get to check him out ....
                          Originally posted by Sonic View Post
                          ????...

                          **falls over backward rushing to remove afore mentioned booby traps, rolls out huge welcome mat and puts cookies in the oven to bake.....**
                          Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
                          Sending a fireman to Leah so she doesn't have to sleep alone . . .
                          So, just like to say, Carrie or Sandy (whomever is sending!) feel free to send me a handsome, kind, funny, smart, competent fireman as well!

                          No sewing here lately, but a 6 mile bike ride tonight. Woo hoo for cardio!
                          "I must be royalty, I have quilts-in-waiting."

                          Comment


                            #88
                            Re: 9/22/15 Work in Progress!! Free laughs and friendship!

                            Originally posted by Josephine09 View Post
                            So, just like to say, Carrie or Sandy (whomever is sending!) feel free to send me a handsome, kind, funny, smart, competent fireman as well!

                            No sewing here lately, but a 6 mile bike ride tonight. Woo hoo for cardio!
                            And this is exactly why you will get your guy before me. You'll be all toned from your workouts while I smell like a push mower, sweat, and dirt.
                            Me thinks I'm in the wrong profession for man catching.

                            Hey Lori....Welcome to the nut house!!
                            Worry not, I've sewn exactly once since June and they haven't kicked me out ..(yet.)
                            Sonic is learning to sew and quilt. .....:icon_noob:

                            Comment


                              #89
                              Re: 9/22/15 Work in Progress!! Free laughs and friendship!

                              Originally posted by oldsewer View Post
                              Sonic, Your truck and trailer sound perfect. I'll bring iced tea ( for when you're driving) and snacks. Thanks for the info on squirrels. I like squirrels, but this one worries me a little. I'll have a better look around tomorrow and see if I can figure out what he's munching on. Have a good evening, I'm whipped and gonna watch American Pickers for a while and crash. Sharon
                              Deal!
                              And if you get too worried about the squirrel..., like he/she isn't acting right or looks sick, call a local vet who can put you in contact with some people who might be able to help little squirrel out. I used to be a wildlife rehabilitator and squirrels were one of my specialties.
                              Sonic is learning to sew and quilt. .....:icon_noob:

                              Comment


                                #90
                                Re: 9/22/15 Work in Progress!! Free laughs and friendship!

                                Originally posted by Sonic View Post
                                And this is exactly why you will get your guy before me. You'll be all toned from your workouts while I smell like a push mower, sweat, and dirt.
                                Me thinks I'm in the wrong profession for man catching.

                                Hey Lori....Welcome to the nut house!!
                                Worry not, I've sewn exactly once since June and they haven't kicked me out ..(yet.)
                                Leah, you haven't sewn since June? How are you maintaining your sanity? Ah ... I see ... you're not. Never mind, sorry I asked ...


                                (And wishing everyone some sewing time soon!)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X