Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

9/22/15 Work in Progress!! Free laughs and friendship!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 9/22/15 Work in Progress!! Free laughs and friendship!

Originally posted by SewnByBee View Post

WHAT THE CRAP ?
    What's that all about? Maybe you are in over your head.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

C
      Originally posted by Sonic View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]118369[/ATTACH]

And Bee, What the crap is right!
      Carrie.... what are you up to??????

**locks doors and sets booby traps in yard....**
      Careful, there, Leah, she might be sending a handsome, kind, funny, smart, competent fireman as a candidate for Mr. Sonic. You don't want to injure him before you get to check him out ....

Comment

[QUOTE=Sandy Navas;797931...

Yes, I know - lazy lady quilts, but they are done!![/QUOTE]

Nothing lazy about it when you are producing that many quilts (and I know you have done more.) They all look wonderful, as do the pillow cases. I will try to find a picture of the quilt I made with the cowboy boot fabric.

Well, my memory failed me. My cowboy boot material wasn't the same. I hope no one minds that I post the quilt anyhow. It is one of the first quilts I made, given to a friend, so she wouldn't have to nap alone.

Cowboy quilt.jpg
        Last edited by Sylvia H; September 22, 2015, 03:28 PM.
        If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Originally posted by Claire OneStitchAtATime View Post
          C
          Careful, there, Leah, she might be sending a handsome, kind, funny, smart, competent fireman as a candidate for Mr. Sonic. You don't want to injure him before you get to check him out ....
          ????...

**falls over backward rushing to remove afore mentioned booby traps, rolls out huge welcome mat and puts cookies in the oven to bake.....**
          Last edited by Sonic; September 22, 2015, 03:26 PM.
          Sonic is learning to sew and quilt. .....:icon_noob:

Comment

I got Bears and CHARITY work to keep me busy just.CAuse I don't show pics of evety thing I do and whats the deal any wa. y Who , Why Me? I didn't do anything to anybody.

....Bee
            The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
            ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Comment

Oh lawdy........what is Carrie to?! I think we should be concerned! It's bad when Leah doesn't know if she needs a welcome mat or booby traps!

Another thought regarding the Nutty Acres bus trip to Sandy's.......she will be gone to the retreat the end of this week! We could really do a good job "helping" her get rid of extra quilting stuff while she is gone! You know.....so she won't have so much work to do after the retreat. . Just a thought.......

Oh BTW Carrie.......did you buy enough Blue Bell to share with the rest of us?! We don't have it back in our stores yet but we are waiting!
              "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
              Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Inquiring minds want to know: where is this blog that is featuring Claire's blocks? I would like to visit!

Hope anyone going to the retreat has safe travels and a LOT of fun!

I am slowly crawling out of the black hole of garage cleaning. Managed to sew a little on a Row x Row piece today though. The Row x Rows are biting my butt big time. They are featuring skills I just don't have. Wading through some of them, I look a LOT like the little owl in my profile pic!

Have a great day!
                Connie

Our lives are like quilts – bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
                  '

BYOB - bring your own box
                  bring your own booze
                  bring your own beer
                  bring your own bottle
                  bring your own bandaids
                  bring your own baseball bat (to keep others away from your spotted items)
                  Now that we've established the ground rules what day should we all arrive! LOL
                  If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Originally posted by Carrie J View Post
                    As per usual, the Nutty Acres gang is relentlessly funny AND upbeat! Splinter, Welcome to the Nut House! And for 7 projects,,,,,,,,,,,,,bwahahahaha I WISH! Good thing you didn't divulge the "reality" of it all.
                    Leah, I told you NOT to tell!!! Do NOT scare off new folks that have the intestinal fortitude to join in on this madcap thread!
                    Splinter, we are talented in presenting a "normal and sane" facade.....................NOT! We just ain't right, especially Leah!!!!
                    Sandy, LOL, yeah Google Images can be quite, "ahem" interesting, as in OHEMMMMGEEEE, need bleach for the eyes! And, I hope you have a rip roaring super time at the Retreat! Looking forward to pics of the PICU/NICU quilts.
                    Amy, hey, didn't you know the family that "Zombies" togther......stays together? LOL! You gotta do pics ya know!! And hey a little mud is good for the skin............and country mud is a lot cheaper than that Spa stuff they charge you out the wazoo for! Glad you're loving your serger, and outright laughed over Sophie's dismay in NOT picking her quilt!
                    ClaireO, ewwww, what a wonderful thing, blocks are awesome, you done good! And Congrats!
                    Lou, sorry to here you DS is so ill, and it's always so hard to watch them be such. Hope he is much better soon! Does sound like that day off will be much needed for sure. Hope you do get to spend some quality time sewing..............and we've never bitten you? Not once? OMIGOSH Ladies, we're falling down on the job here, Bwahahaha! Oh wait, forgot, the bite is to "infect" you.............I think you're sunk girl!
                    Fran, what's the saying, "better late than never"? Your painting was like my Fall cleaning, it finally got finished today, whew! But have managed to do a row a day on the Quatrefoil and switch hit between that and the last JRR. Much to my dismay though, the schedule presumes tomorrow............rashafrasha! So, until I get used to it, the sewing will slow a tad.
                    ClaireH, the setting sound beautiful and hope you have a great time at your retreat as well, pics pleasez/

The house (inside and outside is totally finished) ime for a quick shower, nap then some Shepherd's Pie for dinner. Hubs wanted something filling and he picked the dinner choice. Think he just really wanted the peach cobbler that usually is made with this meal...............there is a method to his madness. Sadly, using the last of the fresh peaches I had in the freezer, rats! But Blue Bell is back in Texas (WOOHOO) so we'll both enjoy that for dinner. Hopefully I'll be able to do another row for the Quatrefoil. Sunday is going to be a verrrrry special and planned day that I'll spring pics for (someone here is gonna be surprised) and that's all I'm gonna say. Hee Hee! Hugs to all!
                    Should we be wearing helmets, are you throwing nuts at us?

Comment

Sandy, have a fantastic time at the retreat, you done good girl with all that sewing! Don't worry bout leaving us behind we can find plenty of mischief to keep us busy!

Comment

Just a friendly reminder this is a light hearted drama free thread. Anyone who takes anything to heart or defensive can go somewhere else.

That is all about that.

Today I got a lot done both sewing world and cooking. Yay!!

Connie, here is the blog with the blocks you were asking about

Quiltville's Quips & Snips!!: Smith Mountain Morning, Marshall Style!
                        sigpicQuilter since 2013.

Comment

Here, Connie. Quiltville's Quips & Snips!!: Smith Mountain Morning, Marshall Style!
                          I'm thrilled.

Comment

Yikes, look at what's been happening since this morning!!!!

Got my results from all the brain/memory testing last week. Just as I thought....getting old is not for sissies.
                            Actually I scored above average for people my age, good baseline to have in 20 years or so. HaHaHaHa. At least I don't have oldtimers yet.
                            No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                            Aesop

Comment

That is great news Fran!!!
                              sigpicQuilter since 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Amy R View Post
                                Just a friendly reminder this is a light hearted drama free thread. Anyone who takes anything to heart or defensive can go somewhere else.
                                I thinks it's ironed out now.

Originally posted by Granny Fran View Post
                                Got my results from all the brain/memory testing last week. Just as I thought....
                                You are Certifiable!
                                I just knew it!!!!

tin-sign-welcome-to-the-loony-bin-5227755410_1.jpg
                                Sonic is learning to sew and quilt. .....:icon_noob:

Comment

Working...
                                X