Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

9/22/15 Work in Progress!! Free laughs and friendship!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 9/22/15 Work in Progress!! Free laughs and friendship!

Thanks for the compliments, ladies. But specially to Sandy: you are a genius! Prairie Points! I would have never thought of them, as I have never done any, but I can't resist a challenge.

The top is 34" x 34" so far, I could add up to 3 " (finished) on either side (1 1/2" strip one color + 2 1/2" strip second color) so it ends 40" x 40". The fabrics are totally random, I had been sewing HST's from scraps as Leaders and Enders for several months, before I decided it was time for them to be assembled as blocks in a quilt.

Can you recommend a tutorial on Prairie Points?

Comment

I think the scrappy border would be too busy and take away from the awesomeness of the different blocks. Perhaps a narrow stop border in a solid, then a slightly larger border in white, and finally the largest border in a solid (could be the same color as the stop border).
      If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Lourixe, that is a lovely quilt top. Do I understand you right that you made this from all leaders and enders HSTs? Wow. After reading Bonnie Hunter's site and hearing folks on this board advocate it, I've started doing that too. Not too many yet, and not enough variety yet to do anything with. But I'll get there.

I like the prairie point idea too because it is less of a focus than a wide outer border in a print. Although that dark purple small flower print would make an awesome border imo. Those lovely blocks can stand alone.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25fnkU7L2qc

That's the easy, continuous Prairie Points - so they could be all one color.

Here's another easy one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KoX9t1rG1k
          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Lourixe, that is beautiful, and I'm in Sandy's camp on the finish. I love Prairie Points and think that kind of a finish would be the icing on the cake for this project!

Howdies to all, off to finish a couple of blocks, then read get back into a book.
            What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Comment

Lourixe- great quilt top and love the idea of the prarie points! Now you've intrigued me with leaders and enders.
              If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Working...
              X