Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

9/22/15 Work in Progress!! Free laughs and friendship!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 9/22/15 Work in Progress!! Free laughs and friendship!

Now that right there is almost enough to make me like Halloween.
    Sonic is learning to sew and quilt. .....:icon_noob:

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic View Post
      Now that right there is almost enough to make me like Halloween.
      What? Deviled eggs and eyeball tuna salad?
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

And here I thought it was my red lipstick and hat netting with spiders on it! Totally crushed here!
        What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Comment

Just saw this, love it! Carrie you know how to party girl! Glad you and your bestie enjoyed and you didn't have to "smell the feet"!
          This was just the Pick me up I needed today, thank you!
          If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Evening all!

Warning!!! Picture overload in this post.

That looks like an awesome time with your friend Carrie J! Makes me want to decorate for Halloween.
            Hope everyone gets some sewing time soon!

For me, today was a fun-filled sewing extravaganza! This has been one awesome weekend. Finished sewing the rows of my niece's binding star quilt. Thinking of just doing a simple 2 1/2" border and then doing binding from the star scraps. It will still be quilted with snowflakes, of course. Gotta keep with the Frozen theme.

Frozen Quilt 5.jpg

Finished the next block for my BOM. 5 more to go for this month (I'm not sure why they are calling it a block of the month; it's more like a blocks of the month).

Advanced 3.jpg

I also did some more free-motion quilting. Went a little back to basics and watched Leah Day's Quilt Along videos from 2012.

Free Motion 4.jpg Free Motion 6.jpg Free Motion 8.jpg
            Last edited by Josephine09; September 27, 2015, 10:05 PM.
            "I must be royalty, I have quilts-in-waiting."

Comment

Wait--doesn't everybody sit around in witches' hats, having tea parties every day? Or just me? lolol

Comment

Originally posted by Angelia View Post
                I'm caught up today, but I get over 100 papers to grade next week. *sigh*
                Vicious cycle! I teach middle school, so there are short assignments and units, but I never seem to cycle my classes where all six don't turn in the big project all at the same time.... I don't have a single paper I'm collecting this week, so I'm excited about that

Comment

Now, you are making me feel fortunate that I am a tour guide and not a teacher! I show and explain things, but I am spared the chore of grading! The drawback is I get my (unpaid) vacations in winter instead of summer.

Leah, I don't think a round table is bad after all. The low bookshelf I modified as sewing cabinet is rectangular, and sometimes a pin from the edge of the quilt sandwich gets caught in the corner. You don't get feet on your way when you are looking for the pedal. It looks like an excellent job. I would only be concerned, if Molly is heavy, about the weight balance of the table. Make sure you have something heavy on the other side.

Sammi, your binding star quilt is stunning. I'm also following your progresses with FMQing, as it is also my goal for this following winter. I use my practice samplers as cushion covers for the windowsills my cat likes to sit at.

I've assembled my Little Monkey blocks. And hemmed and darned pants Hopefully I will get some time for adding borders. I already have a 40" x 40" scrap of batting, and probably a suitable backing, so I could finish this baby quilt before I squirrel again.
                  Last edited by lourixe; September 28, 2015, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Hi ladies, just stopping by to say "Hello" to everybody. Lately I haven't been very present

Love your charm as always I've seen some cool pic!

This is my Wip for today just need to fill the pincushion
                    Wip PinCushion for Sara.jpg
                    My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Comment

Morning Ladies!

Cathy, I hope your ears were buzzin' girl! The only thing that could've made it better is if you had been there. Lotsa warm fuzzies coming your way from both Lora and I!

Kim, LOL, uh yeah, the Witches Hats are always at the ready................LOL, we're women! And tea's, that's a Sunday ritual for the local nutjobs here. And not a very proper tea, it's got a Texas "skew" to it, doubt we'd EVER be able do the proper Downtown Abbey style!

Sammi, girl you are just rockin' along like crazy, good for you, and ugh on grading. Seems Lou's having much the same issues as you! Hats off to both of ya for your choice of vocation!

Leah, so sorry about the duds GF, but at least there is the "Return" policy. As for the table, good eye, great work! And fabric, yeah, yummy!

Hope all you Gals have a great day today, for those I've missed Hugs and Sorry's attached! As soon as Hubs and I finish breakfast, I'm burrowing into the material and thread.
                      What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Comment

May I ask you, how would you border this?

little monkeys top center 1.jpg

I was thinking of a thin white strip and a second scrappy border (maybe a keyboard). What can you suggest?

Comment

Originally posted by lourixe View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]118699[/ATTACH]

I was thinking of a thin white strip and a second scrappy border (maybe a keyboard). What can you suggest?
                          I would just bind it in white. Your sashing looks like a neat border already. Unless you want to make it larger that is.
                          No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                          Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by lourixe View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]118699[/ATTACH]

I think Fran is right. However the first thing that popped into my feeble brain was to pick your favorite colors and do a mini border of one, a slightly wider border in another and the use scraps from all the blocks and do a prairie point edge. I think it need a prairie point!!

It is truly spectacular.
                            Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                            it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

It really is lovely, Lourixe.

Comment

lourixe that is gorgeous
                                My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Comment

Working...
                                X