Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

9/22/15 Work in Progress!! Free laughs and friendship!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 9/22/15 Work in Progress!! Free laughs and friendship!

Dang it, Sandy! If it wasn't for extra stops we had to make........had to stop and buy Carrie a new sippy cup.....3 times! She dropped hers out of the truck window! We could have been there before you got home.

So you had to come home to this.......

Screen shot 2015-09-27 at 11.47.03 AM.jpg

instead of this.....

Screen shot 2015-09-27 at 11.48.15 AM.jpg
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Okay, this is completely unrelated to sewing, or the fabric heists y'all are planning... but I had to share that I have spent a LOT of time today planning my classes for the next 2-3 weeks and I am all caught up on closing units for 4 of my 6 classes that I teach. Phew.... next weekend I might really get to relax and spend time sewing instead of working. I want to take the kids out somewhere fun though, before the weather goes full on winter on us :/

I feel like I've been complaining about work killing me since work started six weeks ago, but I'm glad to say that I'm catching up.

Comment

Originally posted by Claire OneStitchAtATime View Post
        You guys are cracking me up, as usual.

But Midge, Pam -- the heist is off, isn't it? I rest my case.

****Stage direction: Claire runs for cover, knowing full well she is going to get whupped by Leah, Midge, and Pam, not to mention probably some others too, and that then the whole gang will stop by to steal her stash in revenge.****
        Oh .....Noooo.......She........Didn't.......... Leah, better put the gloves back on! Claire's getting sassy now!

BTW....the heist would have worked if not for "someone" dropping her sippy cup!
        "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
        Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Morning All!

Last night was awesome! Got asked to dance a lot--which had never happened to me before at a bar. I think it was my choice of friends. Did some sewing the other night, I think I am officially into doing free-motion quilting. Here is the evidence. Not perfect, of course, but my curves are starting to look like curves.

Free Motion 1.jpg Free Motion 2.jpg Free Motion 3.jpg

Sandy--so sorry to hear about your dog. It is always hard to lose a pet.
          Lou--the dress looks great!
          "I must be royalty, I have quilts-in-waiting."

Comment

HEY.........HEY.........Hey!!!!!! I resemble that remark PAM!!!! ROFL! And Miss Claire sure is gettin' sassy!!!! now isn't she? Leah, ewwwww, niiiiiice belt there, you might want to put it all back on!

Yeah, the "amateurs" was so demoralizing, like we REALLY took THAT on the chin, NOT!
            What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Josephine09 View Post
              Morning All!

Last night was awesome! Got asked to dance a lot--which had never happened to me before at a bar. I think it was my choice of friends. Did some sewing the other night, I think I am officially into doing free-motion quilting. Here is the evidence. Not perfect, of course, but my curves are starting to look like curves.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]118610[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]118611[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]118612[/ATTACH]

Sammi, not that looks great!!! Excellent job m'dear! And on the "dance" requests, don't think it had a thing to do with the company you kept girl!

Comment

Originally posted by RockinLou View Post
                Okay, this is completely unrelated to sewing, or the fabric heists y'all are planning... but I had to share that I have spent a LOT of time today planning my classes for the next 2-3 weeks and I am all caught up on closing units for 4 of my 6 classes that I teach. Phew.... next weekend I might really get to relax and spend time sewing instead of working. I want to take the kids out somewhere fun though, before the weather goes full on winter on us :/

I feel like I've been complaining about work killing me since work started six weeks ago, but I'm glad to say that I'm catching up.
                I'm caught up today, but I get over 100 papers to grade next week. *sigh*
                Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Josephine09 View Post
                  Morning All!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]118610[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]118611[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]118612[/ATTACH]

Thanks, Sammie.

Now about those dances - what kind of moves did you make? Pictures? No pictures, didn't happen!!

Your curves are obviously in the right places since your dance card got filled up.
                  Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                  it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Originally posted by Angelia View Post
                    I'm caught up today, but I get over 100 papers to grade next week. *sigh*
                    That would cause me an anxiety attack. Do you make your assignments smaller if you have a busy social ahead? Just can't imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
                      That would cause me an anxiety attack. Do you make your assignments smaller if you have a busy social ahead? Just can't imagine.
                      I write the assignments and syllabus before the semester begins, so no changes. I'll get through--I always do--it just daunting when I see it ahead of me.
                      Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Comment

Ok, I know it doesn't seem like I do much sewing/WIP related activities and terrorize Claire instead, but I promise that I do. (sewing stuff that is )
                        As some of you know I have been searching thrift stores for a sewing cabinet or table I can modify for Molly. And I have been striking out too...
                        Well, Friday I finally hit the jackpot!
                        I found a table with four chairs for $20, two sewing machines to tinker with for $10, and more 50 cent jeans and shirts to add to the upcycled fabric stash. I did visit the Walmart in that town too and hit the clearance fabric rack for some good finds. Picked up a few special fabrics at Joanns too.

I was able to easily convert the table so Molly fits in one end, and I can still put another machine on top perpendicular to Molly and use the majority of the table (with the leaf inserted) to do quilting on. Win win! The table only needed some brackets on the base to fix a minor wobble and three of the chairs are in great shape. The fourth is fixable and good for an extra. I'll probably do a furniture makeover on them sometime in the future. A square table might have been easier, but for only $20, and no luck finding a good square table for under $50, this will work well. And round is ok by me.
                        Best of all, now that Molly and I have a good work surface, we are ready to start on the Sunset Jelly roll Binding Star. Yay!! I've been doing test piecing with her on an easy lap quilt to make sure she's ready and running well. She is.

The light colored machines pictured ended up both being duds with some broken inner workings, and will be returned as where I found them has a "will work" 5 day return policy.
                        The pic of Molly is during the test fit and I still had some tweaking to do. Pardon the sawdust.

table.jpg

Molly fit.jpg
                        Sonic is learning to sew and quilt. .....:icon_noob:

Comment

Leah, good for you! Persistence paid off. The two duds didn't really add anything to the herd anyway, did they? Good deal on the fabrics too.

Comment

ODE TO CATHY F

Several weeks ago, I received a wonderful surprise from Cathy F.....................Cathy, we had a blast today thanks to you, and Lora adored the shoe. So we whooped it up a tad in honor of you!

Lora and I Witchy Tea.jpg
                            Lora and I Witchy Tea two.jpg
                            Witchy Tea Party (1).jpg
                            Witchy Tea Party (1).jpg
                            Witchy Tea Party (5).jpg

Comment

That is just way too cute. Gotta ask though - did your feet smell?

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
                                That is just way too cute. Gotta ask though - did your feet smell?
                                Between the Deviled Eggs and the Eyeball Tuna salad, had no worries Sandy, LMBO!

Comment

Working...
                                X