Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

9/22/15 Work in Progress!! Free laughs and friendship!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 9/22/15 Work in Progress!! Free laughs and friendship!

Sandy...........{{{{HUGS}}}}
    What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Comment

Rocking Lou
      Your DD dress is lovely. She looks like she is really happy with it too.
      All quilts cat tested and approved.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Granny Fran View Post
        That's ok, Lou, I just turn my laptop to view. lol

DD looks like she is in love with that dress. It kinda reminds me of a kimono style. It has been a long time since I seriously made garments and I applaud you on doing so much for your kids. I know I enjoyed it when mine were little.
        She does love it, she told me that she feels like "The Princess of Fall" in it! It is a wrap style dress, and very easy to construct. The killer on this one was making my own bias tape for the trim! The pattern also only includes short sleeves and sleeveless, so I had to creatively merge the sleeve pattern from another dress with the sleeve pattern that fits the arm holes on this one to create those long sleeves. I left them falling a touch longer than her wrist because I know she will wear this for 2, if not 3 years. She is a little peanut, and turns seven in January, so a size 7/8 will last a long long time.

I enjoy sewing things for the kids, and clothes go together fairly quickly and they wear them all the time, so it all works out ;-)

Comment

Sandy, I'm so sorry about DeeOGee, once we have a pet to welcome us home, it never quite feels right to cross that threshold and have them gone.

I hope he catches a squirrel!!

Comment

Lou, how sweet your Princess of Fall is in her darling dress. Please tell her we all agree she looks like a princess.

Comment

I love this thread every week. I have to catch up on the many post most of the time. I wait to read this one so I can hopefully follow whatever stories are going on.

I am happy I did not read at the end of this one that we all had to give our fabric money for your bond money. I dont like dealing with anything that has to do with jail lol.

Sandy, I love that large swirl quilting you had on a quilt. I truly need to just get these quilts done and I love doing the swirl pattern. And, so very sorry to hear about your dog. Just hate to lose any of our pets.

Totally love the little ones dress. Beautiful, both her and the dress.

Seems like there is some projects still going on in the midst of all the rest. I have been doing so much overtime, there is little time for anything else. But I am going to take a day off very soon to make my table topper for the group. It will be my first made, so I am looking forward to that. I also need to finish up my september blocks for the craftsy class. Plus I am practicing to make Leahs wholecloth heart. Oh and I am quilting a baby quilt, but the Juki started giving me huge tension issues so I quit on it. Really need to get back to it. Of course there is a ton more that are being ignored. Overtime will not be ending anytime soon.

I am so gratefull you all are doing this thread. I love to come here and read about what the forum family is doing.

I would say you all behave now, but you might then block me from the thread.

Hugs to all.
              Karen
              Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
                I failed to tell you those puppies would lick you to pieces.

I am home. Unfortunately our DeeOGee crossed over on Thursday afternoon. Not a great time here in the house. He wasn't there to bark a welcome to me.
                So sorry to hear about Dee O Gee I know what your going through. (((HUGS)))
                sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Kgrammiecaz View Post
                  I love this thread every week. I have to catch up on the many post most of the time. I wait to read this one so I can hopefully follow whatever stories are going on.

I am happy I did not read at the end of this one that we all had to give our fabric money for your bond money. I dont like dealing with anything that has to do with jail lol.

Sandy, I love that large swirl quilting you had on a quilt. I truly need to just get these quilts done and I love doing the swirl pattern. And, so very sorry to hear about your dog. Just hate to lose any of our pets.

Totally love the little ones dress. Beautiful, both her and the dress.

Seems like there is some projects still going on in the midst of all the rest. I have been doing so much overtime, there is little time for anything else. But I am going to take a day off very soon to make my table topper for the group. It will be my first made, so I am looking forward to that. I also need to finish up my september blocks for the craftsy class. Plus I am practicing to make Leahs wholecloth heart. Oh and I am quilting a baby quilt, but the Juki started giving me huge tension issues so I quit on it. Really need to get back to it. Of course there is a ton more that are being ignored. Overtime will not be ending anytime soon.

I am so gratefull you all are doing this thread. I love to come here and read about what the forum family is doing.

I would say you all behave now, but you might then block me from the thread.

Hugs to all.
                  Karen, tell us to behave all you like, but we won't! Let your hair down & join the fun whenever you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Claire OneStitchAtATime View Post
                    Karen, tell us to behave all you like, but we won't! Let your hair down & join the fun whenever you want.
                    Yep.......Karen, Claire is right. You might as well join in the silly fun because I don't think we can behave. Jump in any time you want.

Even though...........I'm still trying to cope with Claire calling us "amateurs". I mean really.....sigh

*walks off with shoulders slumped & head hanging*
                    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Originally posted by pcbatiks View Post
                      Yep.......Karen, Claire is right. You might as well join in the silly fun because I don't think we can behave. Jump in any time you want.

Even though...........I'm still trying to cope with Claire calling us "amateurs". I mean really.....sigh

*walks off with shoulders slumped & head hanging*
                      I feel you Pam. I was devastated when I read that post accusing us of being amateurs. Claire, much as we love and esteem you dear, you wounded deeply with that ill chosen word. Personally, at my age, I consider myself a professional goof. With the right incentive, though, I believe you can be forgiven.

Comment

Originally posted by Midge View Post
                        I feel you Pam. I was devastated when I read that post accusing us of being amateurs. Claire, much as we love and esteem you dear, you wounded deeply with that ill chosen word. Personally, at my age, I consider myself a professional goof. With the right incentive, though, I believe you can be forgiven.
                        .........fabric would probably work.
                        "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?

Comment

Amateur.jpg
                          Woe is me. All my friends are amateurs . . . Claire said!

Ha-ha - I have outwitted them with my burglar system!!

Looling.jpg
                          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Now see, instead of slumping at Claire for being so uppity, here's what I did to her...

And you can be sure she won't make the same mistake again...

tough-squirrel.jpg
                            Sonic is learning to sew and quilt. .....:icon_noob:

Comment

WooHoo....Leah's a Contender.....Super Squirrel........Champion.......Pro..........that doesn't look like the belt of an amateur!

Comment

You guys are cracking me up, as usual.

But Midge, Pam -- the heist is off, isn't it? I rest my case.

****Stage direction: Claire runs for cover, knowing full well she is going to get whupped by Leah, Midge, and Pam, not to mention probably some others too, and that then the whole gang will stop by to steal her stash in revenge.****

Comment

Working...
                                X