Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

9/22/15 Work in Progress!! Free laughs and friendship!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 9/22/15 Work in Progress!! Free laughs and friendship!

Originally posted by Midge View Post
    WHOA! OOOMMMGGGEEE! You guys were serious! This is so much more than a simple B & E. This is more on the level of a major art heist. This newbie is impressed with the chutzpah of the New and Improved WIPers. I've got the movies covered for the road trip. We need some quick expertise. A Fish Called Wanda? The Lavender Hill Mob? Ocean's Eleven with the original rat pack cast? The Thomas Crown Affair? Suggestions welcome....
    Midge, you gotta have "Fried Green Tomatoes" and "Steel Magnolias"!!!! Girrrrrrl and don't forget "Forty Bales of Hay", ROFL!!

Sylvia, I think that smilin' Rottie you've got is such a HOOT!
    Claire, oooooooh yeah, those are purdy! I love blues and browns together, WAIT, oh good Hubs did not SEE the "brown" comment, whew!
    Pam, that's for sure, MAJOR chew bone for that big fellah!
    Fran, not a demotion..................we gots Bluetooth, TV, AC, a built in cooler and lay back seats in the front and killer immediate Mapquest, or whatever the heck it's called. ROFLMBO!
    Monica, I'm righ there with you, as soon as I finish posting, I'm done for the evening, (Pam's FAULT, LMBO!) just one more day, ergh!
    And love the fabrics!!!
    Angelia, oh my that is one sharp top Lady! Beautiful!
    Lou, the thought of sewing clothes at one time was like Nirvana, not anymore, and hats off to you. Hope you get to the pumpkins SOON!

Hugs to all, I'm hitting the hay EARLY tonight!
    What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Comment

Evening All!

Claire--love the blues and browns!
      Carrie J--"Fried Green Tomatoes" and "Steel Magnolias", you are absolutely right!
      Lou--Hope the grading and lesson plans go quickly!

This weekend should be awesome for sewing for me! I only have one class left to lesson plan and I finished the majority of my other stuff too. All grading is done! WOO HOO! This doesn't happen very often. So, If I can stay awake long enough, I have sewing plans for tonight. Tomorrow or Sunday I might go to the mountains, and tomorrow night I'm going out with my friends to the bar because a favorite band of ours is playing. Who knows, it could be the lucky weekend I meet a guy worth dating.

Hope everyone can fit their loot from the "heist" in their sewing rooms!
      "I must be royalty, I have quilts-in-waiting."

Comment

Well, while we're planning the heist, Angelia is actually getting some sewing done. She's showing us all up! Nice work, Angelia.

Lourixe, I don't know about fussy cutting the figures -- they don't have much leeway around them for seam allowance. But what do I know. I'm still practically a quilting newbie.

I am recuperating from my tiring but -- from a quilting point of view -- interesting and rewarding week! Hubby says I am cranky. He may have a point. I'm overtired after all my adventures.

Of course now I have a new WIP I just want to work on that and ignore the others, but I'm not so very far from having all the blocks complete for my starry quilt, and it would be good to get something finished -- overall number of WIPs would be back to exactly where it was, but at least one of them would be in the exciting new stage rather than the here we go with another block stage! So I'm cutting a little for the Bonnie Hunter and cutting and sewing for the starry quilt. I'm pretty sure I started the starry number in November -- 11 months -- no wonder I'm feeling ready to be done with that puppy. It looks great, but it was a lot of 2 1/2 inch squares to sew together. I started the Amish quilt in January; all it needs is borders, but they're hand-appliqued -- the blanket stitch, you recall -- and I have done less than half of the first one of four. I find it tricky to work on at night which is my main hand-sewing time -- can't see what I'm doing and then I get frustrated. So it is slow going.

Sylvia, I didn't realize that cute dog was *yours*. What a sweetie. I dog sat for a Rottweiler once back in my grad school days, a very sweet one.

Comment

<< I find it tricky to work on at night which is my main hand-sewing time -- can't see what I'm doing and then I get frustrated. So it is slow going.>>

As a Night Owl, I gotta recommend the Ottlite for seeing to sew at night. I got a floor type.

Shop OttLite 49-in Black Indoor Floor Lamp with Plastic Shade at Lowes.com

Comment

Originally posted by kimsophia View Post
            << I find it tricky to work on at night which is my main hand-sewing time -- can't see what I'm doing and then I get frustrated. So it is slow going.>>

As a Night Owl, I gotta recommend the Ottlite for seeing to sew at night. I got a floor type.

Shop OttLite 49-in Black Indoor Floor Lamp with Plastic Shade at Lowes.com
            Thanks, kimsophia. With the days getting shorter, I might have to take the plunge on this.

Comment

Claire--I'm kind of cranky myself, but without such a fun reason. Get some rest.
              Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Carrie J View Post
                Midge, you gotta have "Fried Green Tomatoes" and "Steel Magnolias"!!!! Girrrrrrl and don't forget "Forty Bales of Hay", ROFL!!!
                Oh you ladies and your movie faves! Of course I have Fried Green Tomatoes and Steel Magnolias! And Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and Thelma and Louise for that matter. Although I am not sure a doomed road trip movie offers the right atmosphere for our activities!

But consider I was taking the high road here and offering movies that would educate us about the finer points of major heist technique. Why not learn from the masters? Thus the movie list.

Fran, not to worry about your seat. I will bring you your very own Burger King crown to make sure you are suitably acknowledged. Besides, Sylvia is bringing a Rottie, so guess who chooses a seat first!

Carrie, you are not alone in being too tired today. I am wiped out too. I am going to try to sew up the test block for the Swoon quilt tomorrow afternoon while I watch the Buckeyes shred Western Michigan. Go Bucks!

Comment

House armed with bells and whistles, Nanny cams and direct line to local Barney Fife!!!!! Dogs have not been fed this week!!!
                  Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                  it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
                    House armed with bells and whistles, Nanny cams and direct line to local Barney Fife!!!!! Dogs have not been fed this week!!!
                    Oh shoot. She's on to us.

Now let me think, what would the Lavender Hill Mob do about that?

Comment

Who knows, it could be the lucky weekend I meet a guy worth dating.

Josephine, that is exactly how my DD met her husband and he is a real keeper//
                      Thanks all for seeing that I get my 'propers'

Good nite and hope your weekend is a great one.
                      No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                      Aesop

Comment

Heck, Barney Fife, we can cross him off the list easily enough!
                        If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Originally posted by lourixe View Post
                          I've had a little rest and downloaded some pics.

These are 2 very expensive FQs (6.75 € each!) my nieces chose for me to make them bags with. I'm going to need to add some more fabrics from my stash, and I haven't chosen a pattern yet.

I don't really know how to manage the pink one with the little girls from fairy tales. Should I fussy cut and apliqué them?
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]118517[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]118518[/ATTACH]
                          Very sweet!! How to manage the princesses depends entirely on what type of bag you are making? The girls are adorable, but I can't believe that was cut into a FQ, it looks pretty unmanageable for much of anything :/ what style bag? Maybe we can help with ideas. The kitties and music notes will make life much easier!

Comment

Phew... I was starting to worry that this line of banter might have gone slightly overboard, and that someone might actually show up!! 😂

In other news.. I finished the dress, it is a size 7/8 and seems to swallow her whole, but the size 5/6s that I made in the past 2 years are too small now. She loves it, and I skipped the embellishments, because the fabric is busy enough. I bought it from Connecting Threads last year on Black Friday, they sold 3 yard cuts at steep discounts, and their fabric sews into beautiful clothes for very reasonable prices!

image.jpg

Comment

Darn iPad... Sorry for the sideways photo :/

Comment

Originally posted by RockinLou View Post
                                Phew... I was starting to worry that this line of banter might have gone slightly overboard, and that someone might actually show up!! ��

In other news.. I finished the dress, it is a size 7/8 and seems to swallow her whole, but the size 5/6s that I made in the past 2 years are too small now. She loves it, and I skipped the embellishments, because the fabric is busy enough. I bought it from Connecting Threads last year on Black Friday, they sold 3 yard cuts at steep discounts, and their fabric sews into beautiful clothes for very reasonable prices!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]118536[/ATTACH]
                                She looks adorable and your dress turned out lovely!
                                If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                                http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Working...
                                X