WIP 8/18/15 Sew, it's mid august.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WIP 8/18/15 Sew, it's mid august.

Loving me some Sophie - that girl has it going.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Judy so special you got your grandmas quilt its pretty. Your quilt...WOW stunning love it .

Comment

Cutting more scraps, though I did pause to buy today's DD--I've been saving the gift certificates I bought earlier this year until I reallyreally wanted something!
        Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Comment

Good morning and Happy Saturday!

I haven't been sewing much since school has started here. I am beat by the end of the day, but now I am hoping to get something sewn this weekend. I am still working on the baby binding star quilt, I have the back to piece and then put together. It is suppose to be cooler here this weekend so I'm hoping to get it started quilting.

I got my Up Square, Down Square quilt back from the LA. She did a great job! I wish I could afford to send all of my quilts to her. She does the binding too, for a small extra charge. I'll get some pics later.

I hope all is well for everyone here!!
          Mary

Love is the thread that mends worn hearts.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelia View Post
            Cutting more scraps, though I did pause to buy today's DD--I've been saving the gift certificates I bought earlier this year until I reallyreally wanted something!
            Isn't it a beautiful layer cake? I might have to get it too!!
            Mary

Love is the thread that mends worn hearts.

Comment

Mornin' all......

Nice day to sew! Grrrr....was having problems with my bobbin thread breaking on the long arm, so checked the tension and it was way too tight, switched thread for the quilt I'm working on so that must have been the problem there. Got that fixed and am good to go with that today!

Picking up my quilting room a bit...can hardly move in there. I have 2 folding tables set up, side by side, I was using them to lay out a quilt. Well got that top done and then stuff began to just jump on those tables....now I'm cleaning those off so I can fold them back up and get them out of my way.

NOW....it's time to fire up the new machine and play

I'm seeing a lot of beautiful projects in this thread and I'm so jealous, don't know how you all get so much done. CARRIE......I'm expecting to see those tops getting quilted up in the next couple of weeks
              Shirley aka buckeyequilter
              I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

Hoping this shows up - kinda reminds me of Pam . . .

Comment

Will it go round in circles...

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post

Hoping this shows up - kinda reminds me of Pam . . .
                    Love this, Sandy! I just saw it.....thanks for the laugh! Yeah....that's kind of what it feels like!
                    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

It is a beautiful dd today.
                      Sophie is a borderline monster today so wasn't as fun as hoped. We ended up trying out several colors but chose kona white. It looks like pure white and shows off all the fabrics nicely.
                      sigpicQuilter since 2013.

Comment

Afternoon all!

Angelia--What self control! My gift certificates were gone within 2 months!
                        Carrie J--How exciting! I hope you have a blast practicing then getting those 12 tops done.
                        Amy R--How fun it must be to have your little one so interested in quilting!
                        Altariss--Sending prayers and hugs your way.
                        Denise--Your table runners are beautiful. It makes me want to make one.
                        Marebear--I hope you get something sewn this weekend.
                        Granny Judy--Your grandma's quilt is pretty. What an amazing family heirloom to have.

Hopefully I didn't miss anyone!

My days have been at school getting ready and then nights have been eating, showering, and falling asleep earlier than I plan. Last night after the back to school picnic (where I played kickball with the kids for an hour plus) I was falling asleep before 8 trying to watch the new tutorial! This week I did get some sewing done though. I finished up the pouches for my calculator wall for school as well as a basket for my front table. This morning I finished up a bag I made for my friend's daughter who feeds my fish when I'm on vacation. I also finished up the next block of Constellation. That is one of the projects I took a class for at RMQF. Can't love Deb Tucker's rulers enough. That being said, here's the pics for each.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1234263_756469847579_2396206304792660102_n.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	1599251 Click image for larger version

Name:	11892042_756482497229_5445345174747930325_n.jpg
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	1599253 Click image for larger version

Name:	11928725_756873264129_1824027131264048311_n.jpg
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	1599255
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	11880374_757247139879_643522064540405266_n.jpg
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	1599252 Click image for larger version

Name:	11907191_757282229559_8242393449501046533_n.jpg
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	1599254
                        Last edited by Josephine09; August 22nd, 2015, 07:37 PM.
                        "I must be royalty, I have quilts-in-waiting."

Comment

GGGGRRRrrrrrrrrrr.......and ......aaaarrrrrrgggggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

I've been noticing some of my fabric on the zombie quilt seems loose from the batting so I've been smoothing it out as I go. Well, I starting looking closer today and..........all of it seems to be coming loose from the batting.....top and backing!! I've never had that happen before using 505 spray. Don't know if this can was bad or I didn't spray enough. I've been hoping not to take if off the machine but it looks like I might have to so I can get the "rumples" out.

I had to stop and take a break.....getting frustrated and having thoughts of stabbing the zombies with a pair of scissors! So here I sit eating chocolate chips and playing on the forum for a while. It's either that or me and those zombies are gonna fight and I plan on winning!!!!

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh I feel a little better now! Nothing like a forum rant to calm our nerves...am I right.
                          "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?

Comment

I think your quilt sandwich was loose because some of those Zombies crawled out and into your cerebral cortex via your auditory canal. Time for a Hurricane. Need the recipe? Or do you keep it on tap?

Comment

Scraps, scraps, scraps... I have been cutting like a mad woman! I have a stack of 7" squares at least 9" tall, not to mention the 5", 3.5", and the strips for string quilts. Looks like I'll have my winter's work "cut out" for me. The thing is, I'm not done yet--I keep finding little stashes of scraps everywhere!

Comment

I hate zombies............zombies are mean..............zombies are ugly.........and rude.........and they don't cooperate.

I took the quilt out of the machine spread it on the floor smoothed and resprayed and smoothed and resprayed and smoothed and resprayed the remainder of the unquilted part. I've never had a problem with spray not holding before. Do you'll think it was a dud can of 505? When I first was making the quilt sandwich and started to spray baste it........the spray was sputtering out in little flakey looking pieces.........but after that it seemed to spray okay. I used Hobbs 50/50 batting and ironed the whole quilt after I sandwiched it. The ironing is the only I did different from other quilts.

Any suggestions on what might be the problem.........other than operator trouble.

*posted while sitting in the corner......mumbling to herself.......while rocking back & forth*

I will win.........I will win.........I will win.............I'm more hard headed than the zombies..........I will win......I will win.............

Sandy.....I don't drink.......but the zombies might drive me to it........

Comment

Working...
                                X