Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3/24/15 WIP. The squirrels are running amok!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3/24/15 WIP. The squirrels are running amok!!!

Squirrels, and chickens and sinful fudge oh my!

Still working on the same stuff LOL. Making decent progress on the hand quilting.
    Not sure if I mentioned it, but Hitchcock quilt's going to be in a plus sign now. Two rows are done, just need time to stitch the rest during the day. Maybe if Soph takes a nap today.

Let's see what we get done this week!
    Beautiful work last week, ideas and completed projects!
    Keep up the great work!
    sigpicQuilter since 2013.

Re: 3/24/15 WIP. The squirrels are running amok!!!

Sounds like everyone is busy....since my foot is better I am planning to be in my quilting room a little more this week and this is what I plan to get done.....what I get done may differ from my plans

1. Put borders on and make backing for the hummingbird quilt.
    2. Tack down turtle heads
    3. Make backing for JR practice quilt and get it on the frame and begin the quilting

I have to order backing fabrics for a couple of quilts. Once I get all these backings and quilts together the Bailey and I are going to be busy!

I only have a couple of hours in the evening to work on my quilts....so it takes me a while longer to get things done.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

LOL Amy...
      My plan for the week:

-Make fudge
      -Eat fudge
      -Drink coffee
      -Eat fudge
      -Quilt and finish curvy pinwheel
      -Celebrate by eating fudge
      -Finish matching owl toy/pillow for one of the baby quilts
      -Eat fudge
      -Inventory and price crochet/knit items
      -Eat fudge
      -Photograph crochet/knit items
      -Eat fudge
      -Gather booth supplies and displays
      -Eat fudge

Yep, a whole lot of dangling the carrot in front of me to get through the week here....
      Hmmm..... **looks around to see what else needs doing...**
      Sonic is learning to sew and quilt. .....:icon_noob:

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic View Post
        LOL Amy...
        My plan for the week:

-Make fudge
        -Eat fudge
        -Drink coffee
        -Eat fudge
        -Quilt and finish curvy pinwheel
        -Celebrate by eating fudge
        -Finish matching owl toy/pillow for one of the baby quilts
        -Eat fudge
        -Inventory and price crochet/knit items
        -Eat fudge
        -Photograph crochet/knit items
        -Eat fudge
        -Gather booth supplies and displays
        -Eat fudge
        ***NOW TOO SICK FROM ALL THE FUDGE TO DO ANYTHING ELSE***

Yep, a whole lot of dangling the carrot in front of me to get through the week here....
        Hmmm..... **looks around to see what else needs doing...**
        Shirley aka buckeyequilter
        I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

Only 2 JRs and a kit??
          Gosh girl... you're both nekkid and fabric poor my friend!!

(Of course it kinda ruins the torture effect factor when I can't spell right because all the letters are rubbed off my laptop...and the caffeine hasn't worked through the system yet...)

Chores? Yes..chores first. But it's cold so I'm dwaddling this morning. And sipping more coffee.
          But I'll be sure to think of you later though while stirring the pounds and pounds of creamy delightful sinful indulgence. Mmmm making my mouth water right now.
          Kinda like a certain berry colored Jelly Roll I'm thinking of....

Sonic, I worked real hard to make myself look good. I can't even begin to tell the yardage I have, but thanks for the encouragement........the day is still young.

Plans to get things done this week.......I fear I won't get much done this week, it is going to be a busy one. I am hoping that I might get to do something this weekend.

Comment

tack down turtle heads???? darn it I almost spit my tea over that one was giggling out loud before my not yet awake brain even clued in I took that very wrong.

Some squirrels have great to do lists!

Plan is to FMQ the big stars once I decide on a pattern. Finish cutting up the strip sets I had made for the Irish chain.
            Clean house. Umm that last one only if I can't find something better to sew I mean do hee~
            Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Comment

I need to border my mystery quilt (as soon as the fabric arrives) and package it with the backing and binding to send to the LAQ; glue baste the Patches and Pinwheels; trim my daughter's blocks; and maybe work on some string blocks--not sure how much of this I can accomplish this week, but we shall see!
              Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Comment

Yes, fudge, any flavor will work magic as a "carrot." Too bad I didn't have any, the black and white quilt may have gotten done sooner. LOL
                Goals: Get clue #5 done on mystery quilt (that was the real carrot to get SITD done).

Get backing sewn from fabric I got over W/E for my JRR2.

Keep searching for a backing for the Poppy Panache quilt. I think I may have to order from that line, so far nothing hits my fancy.

Going to "interview" a foster kitty this evening to see if she will fit with Buddy. She is almost 4, but was surrendered because her owner had to go into assisted living. Her cat mate got adopted and she did not. Seems like she could be a good fit, but not the younger cat we had in mind. Will see....this will be DHs lap cat.
                No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                Aesop

Comment

***NOW TOO SICK FROM ALL THE FUDGE TO DO ANYTHING ELSE***
                  LOL.... yes, come next week I will not even want to look at the stuff.
                  But the until then I will be riding the sugar rush and getting stuff done. It's very high octain which I will need to to keep warm during the event because it's outdoors.
                  Sonic is learning to sew and quilt. .....:icon_noob:

Comment

All of you are making me tired, just reading your lists! If I make a list, I may be too tired to do any of it, so I am just going to sew sew sew til my heart is content.

Yesterday, I matched up strip sets and cut pairs for 4 patches for my Cathedral Stars as well as cutting out the parts for the star points. Sewed bunches of each together last night. Also finished cutting up binding strips with my Go! for panels that I had practised quilting on - I kept finding more of them in the sewing room.

Oh Sonic, I would already be so sick of fudge at this point - I only like a small piece or 2 each year, just too sweet for me to eat much of. I am off to find the high octane coffee though!
                    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Talk about tired, Lisa, are you sure you didn't make a list? LOL
                      No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                      Aesop

Comment

Amy, LOL..............Squirrels, chickens, fudge, turtle heads, plum purple JR's, but HEY you forgot the rabbits!!!!!

Hey Carah, got any Palomino's?

Still working on the Bear Paw, loving it! Fran, best of luck with your "interview", hope it works out for you.
                        Shirley, ahhhh to be hunkered down with that Bailey..................
                        Alta, clean house(?)............yeah, I'd put that last on my list too!
                        Leah, don't be eatin' your profits now GF...........yeah, like I could resist that stuff, not!

Have a great one Ladies
                        What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Comment

image.jpg
                          Am able to do a few stitches this morning while the crayon hog is coloring. Lol
                          sigpicQuilter since 2013.

Comment

Carie, you just kicked my sweet tooth into high gear! It was bad enough reading it! LOL.

Yes I have two palomino horses. One is a baby in training and the other is just a baby, DD has him spoiled to no end.

Comment

Sorry Carah,,,,,LOL! But Amy, Leah and you started it!!! Revenge for the sweet tooth craving y'all instigated this morning!!!!
                              Beautiful Pal, but not the kind I was referring to.. As in "rabbits", many moons ago we raised Palominos and Havanas. Meat and fur, loved it! And you preachin' to the choir on the subject of spoiled, lol! Soooo much about the farm that I miss! Welllll, maybe not the "mucking" part!!!
                              What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X