Flash sewing 3/20-3/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flash sewing 3/20-3/22

Anyone in for this weekend? I've got three quilts I need to longarm and bind at least one. A friend called and let me know her sister is very ill, so I'm going to try and get a quilt ready for her. Top is peiced so will quilt it Saturday. Not sure what I have for binding since I used all the fabrics in the top.
    sigpicAnita G.

Re: Flash sewing 3/20-3/22

I'm in! In spite of plans otherwise, I haven't been in my sewing room for well over a week. I was up early this AM, so I have bound the first of 4 placemats. I'll get the rest of them done "post haste", and then I have to decide what I want/should do next. I think I should go to the LQS and get a little more flannel for backing and finish the quilt I want to give my cousin.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

I'm in, working on my quilt top... still. DH decided it needs to be bigger (like long enough to make it more of a comforter for a king size bed instead of a quilt for a queen size bed). Border two, and hopefully three will go on today. Then who knows what's going to happen after that!
      Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
      ― Maya Angelou

Comment

was pretty ill friday night but feeling rested this am. Not sure what we plan on doing today but I want to work on something! I have several projects some of which have deadlines.
        Top of the list is hubby's quilt and my friend's toddler's quilt.
        sigpicQuilter since 2013.

Comment

I'm in. I am working on the Celtic Cross at the center of my sisters quilt. Since I do not have an embroidery machine I am slowly FMQ the motifs. This is the most detailed FMQ I have attempted so far. Lets see how far I can get in one weekend.

Where I am starting from. The white paper shows my intended FMQ motifs.gaelic blessing 001.JPG

Working on FMQ one cross blade.
          gaelic blessing 003.JPG
          Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

OHHH WOW Denise! that's stunning.
            sigpicQuilter since 2013.

Comment

HAPPY NATIONAL QUILTING DAY!!!!

Denise - that is GORGEOUS!!! Love those purples!!!

I just threw some laundry in, and I've got a couple of small things to do... And then I'll be stitching away. Want to get a cuddle quilt done for my girlfriend's new little one, and then get started on the Wizard of Oz quilt for my MIL. No where to go other than the grocery store this weekend... So I'm hoping to get lots of work done
              ~ Rosie ~

Shop: It's Coming Up Rosie

~ The "Dream Team" ~
              "Penny" - Brother VQ2400" ~ "Leia" - Brother PR655 6-Needle Embroidery Machine
              "Rosie" - Viking Eden Rose 250C ~ "Pearl" - Viking Designer SE LE
              "Thor" - Juki TL-2010Q ~ ~ "Sally" - Singer ProFinish Serger ~

Comment

Denise, it's gorgeous!
                We had company dining home yesterday so I had to clean up my special quilting space a.k.a. dining table but it's lain out again. It's 13ft long but sometimes I use its full length! There are two sandwiched quilts waiting to be FMQ on the couch (left of the pic) and the 3Dudes blocks made with shirts waiting to be assembled.
                living room sewing setting.jpg
                It's sunny so DH and I went for some errands and a walk downtown... and I sinned! They had new cotton prints at the fabric outlet and I could not resist! My excuse is, I've sewed so much in these last months that my fabric stash is coming low. I've bought 1/2 meter (around 20") of each of these 10 prints:
                March haul.jpg
                They were 6.75 €/m each, its about 1/4 of what they would cost in a regular LQS.

Comment

I am in got my DD big star quilt forced into submission and now will try and get it sandwiched today. I think I have everything I need except to pick up the batting today after taking DD to a movie first. And since I am there take advantage of my 60% coupon to pick up my gray Kona fabric hope they still have it! It's rare for me to get a good coupon and have that not be on sale at the same time hehehe. Should try and decide on thread too okay excuse for more shopping lol
                  Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Comment

Hey lourixe..at least that kind of sinning doesn't cause weight gain!
                    (can't say the same thing for the fudge I'm eating..um...er.. I mean making for my event.....*sigh*)

I'm working on another top to be used as a table drape for an event next weekend, then after the event I'll quilt it.

Amy, sorry to hear you were under the weather. I hope you bounce right back today. {{Hug}}
                    You can come to my house and eat all the extra fudge bits I have (I'm making 100 pounds of it and there are a LOT of corner bits.)
                    It's Guaranteed to give you an all day sugar rush and you will get tons of stuff done. (..ask me how I know...)
                    Last edited by Sonic; March 21st, 2015, 09:40 AM.
                    Sonic is learning to sew and quilt. .....:icon_noob:

Comment

I am in! We are now on spring break, so trying to get the house somewhat picked up, but my standards aren't very high anymore - would much rather spend time sewing!

Gonna get in there and get some binding strips cut with my GO! so that I can get some quilts bound this week. Also need to get more pieces and parts cut for my Cathedral Stars quilt - I have sewn up all of the ones I had cut as leaders and enders working on other projects.
                      Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

I'll jump in. Need to put borders on two quilt tops. I have a hard time with those. The way our house is arranged, there's not an open spot large enough to spread out big quilts. The method that gives no ripples for me is laying the quilt flat and laying a border strip on top of it in the center. Mark the end and sew it to the side. Works every time. I saw a video long ago that said rulers/tape measures doesn't take into account any dips, etc in your measuring surface. Measuring with the fabric instead of a tape measure gives you a more accurate match.
                        Much easier when I do this where my quilt group meets, but I have a deadline so it needs to be done sooner than later.

Comment

Ok, got a bit sidetracked this morning.... Decided to try this adorable stuffed "Eggie" in my embroidery machine that I found on the Internet. Came out SO. STINKING. CUTE!!!!

image.jpg

Bought a bunch of fleece remnants at Joanns a few weeks back and just had to try one. This Elmo one is for my niece who is OBSCESSED with him. She's gonna flip!

Now to get started on some quilting
                          ~ Rosie ~

Shop: It's Coming Up Rosie

~ The "Dream Team" ~
                          "Penny" - Brother VQ2400" ~ "Leia" - Brother PR655 6-Needle Embroidery Machine
                          "Rosie" - Viking Eden Rose 250C ~ "Pearl" - Viking Designer SE LE
                          "Thor" - Juki TL-2010Q ~ ~ "Sally" - Singer ProFinish Serger ~

Comment

Hello!! I was hoping to spend most of the day sewing today and it just did NOT happen!! It's okay though because I don't have to work next week, it's Spring Break ��

My first projects for the weekend are clothes for my daughter, a pinafore top me a pair of bubble shorts. I think it will be really cute! I made a romper last week that was super quick, I am going to make another one for her, but with a skort option, it will be with My Little Pony fabric because soon enough she won't want to wear it anymore. I might also turn an old tee shirt of my husbands into a nightgown for her, she's outgrown so many of her pajamas!

After all that, there is a little wall hanging kit I have that I'd like to work on, then I also have more of my 1930s blocks to do... So plenty to keep me busy for the week!! However, I really hope to knock out some of the clothes tomorrow... I don't have the best thread for the bias tape on one outfit though, so I'm a bit undecided about what to do...

Comment

I'm in if alterations count.. Taking in a skirt for my daughter, this is the second of 2.. I HATE doing alterations. I would rather make a skirt from start to finish than take the sides in .. On the zip side now..
                              sigpic Christine.

Comment

Working...
                              X