Flash sewing 3/13-3/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Flash sewing 3/13-3/15

Such beautiful work going on this weekend!! Everything is just turning out gorgeous!!

After taking yesterday "off" and recuperating... I got back on it this morning and am now happy to say that the quilting on Hubby's quilt is about 95% done. Just three more blocks to do FMQ in, and it'll be ready to bind!! So excited to be getting this one done and checked off the UFO list!
    ~ Rosie ~

Shop: It's Coming Up Rosie

~ The "Dream Team" ~
    "Penny" - Brother VQ2400" ~ "Leia" - Brother PR655 6-Needle Embroidery Machine
    "Rosie" - Viking Eden Rose 250C ~ "Pearl" - Viking Designer SE LE
    "Thor" - Juki TL-2010Q ~ ~ "Sally" - Singer ProFinish Serger ~

Comment

Well done! I like Marebear's soft colors, but I love Shermur's greens! Perfect for St. Patrick's day!

I'm also patting myself in the shoulder because I spent most of the weekend quilting the Big Blue Stars quilt, and finished it! I even put the binding to it! Now I only need to bury or clip loose threads and take it to the laundromat. It really was a challenge as it is 64" x 86", I wish I had at larger sewing machine. But as this not going to happen in a near future, I better put my big girl pants and start quilting all the large tops that are awaiting.

Comment

Shemur, I haven’t seen Eriepatch’s but I think yours looks pretty darned good!! Love the floral fabric you used in it.
        Glad to hear you are feeling perkier Jess.
        I know the feeling Lourixe. It’s one of the reasons I‘ve been putting off the heart quilt. Even though your idea of how to quilt it was brilliant, I know how hard it’s going to be to maneuver that big thing through my tiny machine… turning this way and that.
        But oh, it’s such a feeling of accomplishment when you do get that last stitch into such a big quilt. Linda like an addictive love/hate thing..

Here’s the top I finished. Now I know why Kimberly (FQS) made two opposing blocks exactly the same (totally 20 large blocks from 40 halves) because in making mine more non-matchy matchy it was harder than heck to make the rows/finished top without some of the same fabrics touching. I spent more time rearranging blocks than I did actual sewing.
        Finally got irritated and ran with the last arrangement. Meh, so a few of the same fabrics are touching…does not affect snuggability what so ever....right??

FQFizz sm.jpg
        Sonic is learning to sew and quilt. .....:icon_noob:

Comment

Woo hoo!! Hubby's quilt is quilted, squared up, and binding is attached. Got thru about 1/2 of the hand binding, but I've gotta get to bed. Unfortunately I've gotta go to work tomorrow.... But I'll be hopefully finished in the next couple nights

Already got the label planned out so I've gotta get that on the Embroidey machine too. Hopefully work will go quickly tomorrow :-)
          ~ Rosie ~

Shop: It's Coming Up Rosie

~ The "Dream Team" ~
          "Penny" - Brother VQ2400" ~ "Leia" - Brother PR655 6-Needle Embroidery Machine
          "Rosie" - Viking Eden Rose 250C ~ "Pearl" - Viking Designer SE LE
          "Thor" - Juki TL-2010Q ~ ~ "Sally" - Singer ProFinish Serger ~

Comment

Wrapping it up for this weekend. I had hardly any interruptions so I put the petal to the metal. Here is how far I got on Gaelic Blessings. There is another column on the right hand side that matches the left side. I ran out of room on my design wall. There will be a Gaelic Cross in the center of the quilt.
            gaelic blessing 002.JPG
            Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Sounds like a lot of progress was made this weekend. I loved all the pictures. I only finished the one gift quilt but since the party was Saturday I'm happy with that. Everyone have a great week.
              sigpicAnita G.

Comment

Sherri, Stop saying that!! Our quilts are totally different from each other and neither is better than the other!
                Can't wait to see yours finished!

Comment

Working...
                X