Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flash sewing 3/13-3/15

Hi all,

Not sure if I can sew all weekend but I have to bind a king size quilt today. Saturday is busy with a Bday party, a house warming party, and my sons footbal game. Plan to longarm a quilt on Sunday and add boarders to my T quilt.
    sigpicAnita G.

Re: Flash sewing 3/13-3/15

I'm IN for this weekend!! I've got all night tonight and all day tomorrow and Sunday to "play."!!! So excited! I've got dental work scheduled for 8 am tomorrow morning, but I'm sure afterwards... after a quick nap while the pain meds kick in... I'll be back at it! I'm determined to get Hubby's quilt FINISHED this weekend! Just need to buckle down and do it

If I either get bored with it or need to mix it up a bit, I'm going to either start prepping my wall-hanging for my craft room or start another Bionic Gear Bag. We shall see.

Hope everyone is having a fabulous Friday!!
    ~ Rosie ~

Shop: It's Coming Up Rosie

~ The "Dream Team" ~
    "Penny" - Brother VQ2400" ~ "Leia" - Brother PR655 6-Needle Embroidery Machine
    "Rosie" - Viking Eden Rose 250C ~ "Pearl" - Viking Designer SE LE
    "Thor" - Juki TL-2010Q ~ ~ "Sally" - Singer ProFinish Serger ~

Comment

will be working on some little quilts for the hospital and continuing quilting walking dead quilt.
      sigpicQuilter since 2013.

Comment

I have been sewing all morning finished the table skirt it now has appliqued name and team number with sewn on Velcro to attach to the table. And have started the edge banner to go around the ez up canopy frame. Have some plans for it but not sure I can get it done. The rest of the weekend will all be running back and forth for the robotic competition but at least I have today lol
        Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Comment

I need to tidy my dinning room table, so I can have space to cut out 1/4 square triangles. Hoping to get some sewing done in the afternoon. Sunday is Mothers Day here in the UK, so no sewing in the afternoon. Happy sewing people. (maybe I should tidy the table now, instead of being on the iPad)
          sigpic Christine.

Comment

I'm out for this weekend. My grandbabies arrive tomorrow afternoon and we're having a 'mini' family reunion dinner with part of mom's family on Sunday after church. It promises to be a busy weekend with a 2 1/2 and a 6 month old in the house!

Good luck to everyone! Hope all of your sewing goes well and your bobbins stay full!

Katrina
            Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
            ― Maya Angelou

Comment

I'm in - I'll be finishing up my baby quilt and Rosie quilt. I noticed a big boo-boo in my Rosie quilt which is all done except the final border. There is part of a block going the wrong way. If it's not too much work I might pick it all out and fix it. If it is too much trouble I'll just leave it and call it a design element LOL.

If I have time I'll probably start a new quilt since my backings for the 2 I will have done aren't here yet.

Happy Sewing!
              Mary :icon_hi:

Love is the thread that mends worn hearts.

Comment

Hoping to get lots of sewing in tomorrow & Sunday. Need to finish one and already have another started.

Comment

I'm in. Spring has already arrived here in Texas and with the temperatures heating up I have dismantled my quilting table to get some working room and have reconfigured my sewing area for piecing. My first piecing of the year will be my version of Ricky Tims Gaelic Blessing. It is a variation of a double irish chain. My sister requested purple and charcoal gray. I am using batiks.
                  Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Well, we've got a chilly and rainy night here. I'll take that though over snow any day!

I'm actually in my sewing room... QUILTING!!!! Man does it feel good after doing all those vests and stuff! Finally working on Hubby's "Family Guy" quilt.

Decided to keep it relatively simple. I think I've been putting this one off for so long because I was over-thinking it and making it more complicated than it needed to be. Just doing some straight-line stitching in some of the blocks, and then on the larger ones I'm going to do some simple FMQ. REALLY hoping to have this one ready to bind by the end of the weekend
                    ~ Rosie ~

Shop: It's Coming Up Rosie

~ The "Dream Team" ~
                    "Penny" - Brother VQ2400" ~ "Leia" - Brother PR655 6-Needle Embroidery Machine
                    "Rosie" - Viking Eden Rose 250C ~ "Pearl" - Viking Designer SE LE
                    "Thor" - Juki TL-2010Q ~ ~ "Sally" - Singer ProFinish Serger ~

Comment

I am hoping to get some quilting done this weekend. I thought it would be done LAST weekend! Nothing done this week due to a family crisis. My daughter is visiting from NYC to be here for moral support. I am going to do some things to help the family, and hope that I can still spend a few hours with the sewing machine.
                      If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Sylvia, good luck with what ever is going on. I am not suppose to sew this weekend, since I am so far behind in my papers, but , heck , its the weekend! I gave my lap quilt to my aunt today and she really liked it. Her daughter said it was the perfect idea since with her illness she gets very cold now. So I think I will have time on Sunday to do a few self binding baby flannel blankets. I also forgot, I gave one of those away today to a friends grandchild also. They sure do come in handy!

Comment

Going to be another late night for me. I have managed to wait until the last minute to finish up the housewarming quilt. Headed into my sewing room to machine bind it now. Grand daughter's birthday party is from 11-1. Housewarming party at 2:30.
                          sigpicAnita G.

Comment

Hoping this is a sewing weekend! Backing fabric arrived Thurdsay afternoon so I'm ready to sandwich and quilt! It is a JRR for my GF who is getting married on Thursday so I need to hustle!! Also finished up the sewing for the dog rescue ranch for open house 3/21.
                            Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
                            sigpicMy friends hear the song in my heart, and sing it to me when my memory fails. 

Eileen

Comment

I finished piecing #3 of three tablerunners that I am bringing to a friend when we meet for dinner tomorrow. Will quilt them later this afternoon. No sewing this morning. We will be watching 16 month old grandson for a bit this morning. Went around "Henry-proofing" the rooms downstairs last night.

Probably won't get to anything else besides those tablerunners this weekend. Happy sewing everyone.
                              Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                              X