Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIP: 3/10/15 Has spring sprung? What goodies are in store for this week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WIP: 3/10/15 Has spring sprung? What goodies are in store for this week?

There was no school today so I drug my mom and kiddo out with me to pick up some last minute supplies and some fabrics.
    Sheesh...kiddo was way better behaved than mom was. Only half way through she started with the "Can we go home yet?" ....LOL.
    I politely reminded her of all the hours and hours she used to drag me to all the places (fabric stores) she used to when I was younger...staying all day....looking at the very same things....the whole time.... and she could think of this as pay back.
    Which of course kiddo thought was hilarious and swore he was never going to have kids if this is what was going to happen.

It did warm up but once it hit 60 the rain came so alas...no nice cross breeze through the house, but it felt soooooo good to be out with just a t-shirt on today. And when there was some sun it felt wonderful!
    Short lived though...chance of snow again later this week.
    Sonic is learning to sew and quilt. .....:icon_noob:

Comment

Leah, got quite a chuckle out of your "Mom and Kiddo" story! Glad you got out and buzzed around, AND some sunshine to boot! Sorry about the rain, and prediction of snow, no, seriously I am! Though I must admit, I spent the entire day IN the yard! So no sewing til this evening, maybe, LOL! (PS,,,,, have my Parrot Head tee on, and wound up digging out my flip flops after yardwork, hee, hee!)

parrothead.jpg

Blew out my flip flop,
      Stepped on a pop top...............

It's past 5 o'clock here,
      What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Comment

Hand-Binding on Hubby's quilt is D-O-N-E!!! So excited to have this one almost off the list. Just needs a quilt label (that I'll make up tomorrow on my embroidery machine), give it a good wash, and get a photo shoot with it. Then it'll be off the list and on to the next one

Here's what I ended up doing in the big squares for quilting.

image.jpg

image.jpg

It's far from perfect, but it works and it was relatively easy.

Hope everyone had a great Monday and a great week to come!!
        ~ Rosie ~

Shop: It's Coming Up Rosie

~ The "Dream Team" ~
        "Penny" - Brother VQ2400" ~ "Leia" - Brother PR655 6-Needle Embroidery Machine
        "Rosie" - Viking Eden Rose 250C ~ "Pearl" - Viking Designer SE LE
        "Thor" - Juki TL-2010Q ~ ~ "Sally" - Singer ProFinish Serger ~

Comment

Jess it looks great. I have a Family Guy quilt on my list too.
          sigpicAnita G.

Comment

I'm spending a few days home now, as my best furry friend is having cancer surgery for the second time. This means I have less computer time (as DH accaparates it) but better sewing conditions. Weather is cold but sunny and I'm so optimistic I started sowing indoor some of the veggies I'll transplant in a few weeks.

I'm sandwiching two twin size quilts that I want to give my nieces for Easter, for their new bunk beds. The oldest is 4 y.o. and the youngest has just turned 2 y.o. yesterday. I finished the tops a couple of months ago, but didn't have the time -nor the guts- to attempt quilting them yet.

Comment

I haven't done much in the past couple of days. Wanted to get the man cave quilt put together but a gout flare up kind of put that on hold. Foot is feeling better today, home from work and staying off my foot. So that gave me a reason to sit and rip stitching out of the night sky quilt, at least that's getting done.
              Shirley aka buckeyequilter
              I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

Shirley, oh, ouch!!!!, heart goes out to ya! !
                What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Comment

Carah, your red and white block looks amazing. The color contrast is going to make it a really nice quilt. I wonder if you washed the red fabric first?
                  As for us, after reading Sonic talk about warm weather, it gave me hope that spring will come and I can open up a window after five months.lol. We had over 14 inches of snow on Sunday, then the temps went down to -20 C(-5 F), and about 6 more inches today. I only want to count inches anymore when I am sewing blocks! Not snow! Lol.
                  Anyway, on Friday I will be travelling to Vermont to start their Shop Hop and look at new fabric. I will be getting some white cotton waffled sort of fabric for my daughters new baby room she is preparing. I will need a lot, so I found it is cheaper to make her the things she wants then buying them as the really fancy store we saw them at. Hopefully we wont have a snow storm again or I am going to have to cancel. Hey, isnt Spring offically starting on the 21 st?
                  I did get three self binding baby blankets made on Sunday since I didnt want to go out much. Theres always a good side to everything.
                  Happy sewing ladies.

Comment

Working...
                  X