Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flash sewing 3/6/2015

Who's in?

I have a lot of errands this afternoon but I'm almost caught up with all the chores, laundry, shopping, tidying up sewing space.

This week-end I'm on duty alone nursing senile MIL which means a lot of crazyness with long sewing intervals as she naps. I have several WIPs to work on: webbing the Carolina Chain Blocks or the Spiderweb Blocks, piecing a backing for the Grand Illusion Mystery quilt or FMQing the Big Blue Star quilt.

I'm happy. Sun is finally shining, I'm breathing with ease for the first time in weeks, my daffodils are about to bloom and, best of all, my M* order is finally here!

Re: Flash sewing 3/6/2015

I have great plans of finishing FMQ on a lap quilt from the square in a square tute and have a wall hanging in the works for my guild's challenge. Not sure about my design but it is what it is and will have to do. I am running out of time.
    We are babysitting this evening so I will need to stop about 4.
    Tomorrow is embroidery bee so maybe I can use that time to make some quilt labels.

Comment

I'm in...I have a few things that I'm working on. I need to sandwich and quilt Kayden's quilt. I'm working on my friends quilt using her dads shirts. That one is slow going. I'm using 2 1/2" HST. I'm still trimming them down to size. I'm also making a pattern for a slipcover for the chair in my livingroom. I want to make slipcovers for the other two sofas too, but need to make the patterns first. Almost done with the pattern for the chair. I'll be gone for awhile this afternoon but will get to it when I get home.
      Happy Sewing!
      Cil
      A quilt is a blanket of love
      http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
      http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

I'm in! We have a three day weekend and no big plans!! The big event of the week was this afternoon, I'm exhausted so heading to bed (it's almost 11:30 Friday night here) but I have a long weekend ahead so I can move forward with a sew-a-thin after I get a good nights sleep.

I have a friend going to the market with me tomorrow, so I'm hoping to get some fabric, to make DD a summer outfit and to possibly make a gift for the woman who cleans for us, this weekend is Women's Day, and she brought me a gift today (I completely had no idea how big this holiday is here) ... She loves my sewing so I want to do something for her. I'd love to find fabrics that would work to make something, anything really, for the kids for Easter... But I doubt I would be so lucky.

I also have another table runner to quilt and of course, more 30s blocks to sew... I'm always working on something, and my list is always bigger than my available time and resources, so that's nothing new!!

Comment

I am in, have another pillow case all cut out and ready to sew got the other one done yesterday. Got my binding strips cut for my baby lattice quilt so will sew them one and have another finish. Trying to decide on binding color for my tumbling hour glass hope to find something that talks to me so I can call that one done too. Been cleaning out my sewing room and having all those almost finished projects is pushing me to finish them so they will get out of my room lol
          Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Comment

I have one more place mat to FMQ, and then the binding on all 8 of them. Not sure what I will tackle next, but I am leaning toward a wall hanging. I bought a kit several years ago, and it is now in my UFO pile.
            If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

I'm in .... I have 3 lap size quilts I would like to get quilted and binding done.
              sigpic Christine.

Comment

Hi, I will be here. I need to quilt at least one top this weekend. Also make the binding for it.
                sigpicAnita G.

Comment

I'm definitely IN this weekend!!! I've got 2 St. Patty's Day vests to do for my DJ's for next weekend and I'm determined to get them both 100% done by Sunday night!

If there's time, I'd also like to try and wrap up Hubby's quilt. I know I keep saying that, but it desperately needs to get done so I can get it off my list and move on to the next one

Hope everyone has had a great Friday, and a sewing-filled weekend to come!
                  ~ Rosie ~

Shop: It's Coming Up Rosie

~ The "Dream Team" ~
                  "Penny" - Brother VQ2400" ~ "Leia" - Brother PR655 6-Needle Embroidery Machine
                  "Rosie" - Viking Eden Rose 250C ~ "Pearl" - Viking Designer SE LE
                  "Thor" - Juki TL-2010Q ~ ~ "Sally" - Singer ProFinish Serger ~

Comment

I am in! I made about a dozen fleece hats tonight. Still all need to have the final tuck and sew for the brim, but pretty happy with the progress tonight. These are for Ruby's Cyber Elves group. Also need to get some pillowcases done.

I have a friend coming over tomorrow. I want her to learn to use the long arm instead of watching me, so we may put a panel or just some muslin on and have her give it a go.
                    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

I did not get any sewing done Friday. I was thrilled to spend the evening with my grand baby. I can't believe she will be a year old next week. Should be able to sew all day Saturday, no plans until after 7pm. Good night everyone.
                      sigpicAnita G.

Comment

I got a lot of quilting done on my lap quilt,hopefully I can get to the binding tomorrow. Today I am going to a baby shower,yeah!

Comment

image.jpg

I finished block with the Reds in it today, the Orange was 2 weeks ago, but AmyR asked for photos last week. These are two of 12, I have a dozen of these, they are kitted from a BOM from 2013, I purchased the group in the clearance pile last summer... I want to bring all 12 home this summer and sash them for a quilt for my niece. I have 3 nieces who have not received quilts, and it's time I fix that problem. I will NOT be consulting my sisters on the fabric choices either...

I'm going to make one more block tonight for this quilt, and another one to quilt for our cleaning lady for women's day. I also picked up knit fabric and a romper pattern that I want to make for DD, and a skirt for her friend, but there will not be time for all of it!! Quilting first :-)

Comment

I will be starting on a baby quilt for a coworker. She is having a baby girl in July. I am going to make a falling charms quilt with cute baby fabric https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...les-charm-pack
                            My order just came yesterday so I am ready to go. I am using a baby pink solid for the background. I have made this pattern before and it went together really fast.

Happy sewing everyone!
                            Mary :icon_hi:

Love is the thread that mends worn hearts.

Comment

RockinLou Love your blocks!

Originally posted by Marebear View Post
                              I will be starting on a baby quilt for a coworker. She is having a baby girl in July. I am going to make a falling charms quilt with cute baby fabric https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...les-charm-pack
                              My order just came yesterday so I am ready to go. I am using a baby pink solid for the background. I have made this pattern before and it went together really fast.

Happy sewing everyone!
                              I love your extra cute fabric, so pretty! I'm sure your coworker will love that Happy sewing everybody! I'm sewing too, just very slowly!
                              My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Comment

Working...
                              X