WIP: Week of 3/2/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WIP: Week of 3/2/15

Carah, I'm sorry for your loss. [Hugs] Hope you find some consolation in starting new quilting projects.

Claire, I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to Germany. Isn't it bewildering how some items get priced so differently according to where they are being sold? Who would think that yarn costs in Europe the half than in the US, as with fabric it is just the opposite.

Comment

So sorry to hear of your loss Carah!! Sending big hugs and lots of prayers your way!

I've been away from the PC all day, working my buns off trying to make progress on these vests. Hubby's is 95% done... just needs buttonholes and buttons. T's is about 50% done. Got the assembly started, but gonna have to call it a night. 6 am will come mighty early tomorrow, especially with the stinking time change!

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, and a great week to come!
      ~ Rosie ~

Shop: It's Coming Up Rosie

~ The "Dream Team" ~
      "Penny" - Brother VQ2400" ~ "Leia" - Brother PR655 6-Needle Embroidery Machine
      "Rosie" - Viking Eden Rose 250C ~ "Pearl" - Viking Designer SE LE
      "Thor" - Juki TL-2010Q ~ ~ "Sally" - Singer ProFinish Serger ~

Comment

Well, by late last night I got my binding on the front of my lap quilt, but today I am teaching all day, plus an evening class, so the joy of finishing the binding will have to wait until tomorrow. At least I love the way the little bit of black brings the quilt together. Happy sewing ladies.

Comment

Setting up for sandwiching (as I dragggggg my feet!!!) and catching up on the Forum. This time change is kicking my tail! Anyway, at least one will top will get done, after I force myself to do it, it goes much quicker when on the machine. Wish there was such a thing as Quilt Sandwich Elves, LOL! Good thing it's raining here, or the "squirrel!!!!" syndrome would kick in, ya know, the EWWWWW, let's go to the Nursery and check out the bedding plants, oh gotta stop by the LQS too, and, and, and......LOL! Happy day Ladies!
          What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Comment

Carrie, not nice to mention " going to the nursery to check out bedding plants" to folks like me who still have a few feet of snow on the ground, and it snowed again today. I am getting depressed! Lol. Out garden centers aren't even preparing to open for the preseason yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Meghan Plamondon View Post
              Carrie, not nice to mention " going to the nursery to check out bedding plants" to folks like me who still have a few feet of snow on the ground, and it snowed again today. I am getting depressed! Lol. Out garden centers aren't even preparing to open for the preseason yet.
              My apologies Meghan!! I am sincerely grateful my parents moved to Florida as a kid! And being in Texas, we have our small lil snowfalls. Can I send you a rose bush?

Comment

Got the sandwiching done, but nada on the machine work, told y'all I'm hopelessly stunted at this stage, ROFL!

Comment

Originally posted by Meghan Plamondon View Post
                  I know, right? LOL
                  It's still going to be quite a while until there is something to green and live to paw at around here. Usually it's young trees out at the nurseries and home improvement stores first. Naked and sad looking....
                  Then it's evergreens and bare root roses. Still sad looking stuff....
                  We get frosts into May so the greenhouses don't usually get goodies in til April. .... <sigh>

Anywho...it hit 50 here today...Hot Diggity!!
                  I tried to hang up some quilts on the clothes line to get pics, but the snow is still pretty thick and dirty and the quilts can't clear it without getting dirty or wet.
                  The wind wasn't helping either...going to have to wait until more melts down and things dry up a bit.

Finished the scrappy table runner I made over the weekend. I quilted it to the batting, then enveloped it. First time doing that and wow, so much easier than regular binding. Now that I made the slick table to quilt on (which is still working great) binding has become the hardest part for me. I know how and have the technique down fine, just find it's harder overall.
                  Sonic is learning to sew and quilt. .....:icon_noob:

Comment

We seem to have progressed from winter to mud season. Woohoo! I don't think I've ever been so pleased to squelch through a muddy dog walk.
                    Not much sewing today; work day. But I squeezed in a little this evening. So nice to still have some daylight for quilting after work. I started making one of these, for a throw pillow, from the same fabrics I used for my duvet cover. Smaller scale than theirs, though. Mini Quilt of the Month, October: Amish Diamond | The Purl Bee
                    I made it through the first border & then stopped before doing myself an injury with the rotary cutter

Comment

Time changes always kick my bum I hate them. Got my second pillow case down did French seams but apparently did not get enough cut off the first seam so all the threads snuck thru after I washed so have to take apart one seam retrim and then resew it sigh. Did get the binding done on my tumbling hourglass quilt and its into the washer with color catchers as I suspect the red will try and run some more. One more quilt to bind and then I can do the borders on the next two UFO I decided I needed to get some things out of the way and its making me get a bit more focused well at least for awhile.
                      My Pfaff though is acting up so I think I will send it in for cleaning and a tune up and will have to try my Jane for piecing.
                      Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Comment

Working...
                      X