WIP: Week of 3/2/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIP: Week of 3/2/15

I hope Amy doesn't mind, but I thought we should start another thread for this week

I got one project checked off my list... the Bionic Gear Bag for my BFF.

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sho...tml#post696564

It's a pretty tough pattern, but once I got the hang of how it is assembled, it was smooth sailing after that! Definitely more of these bags on my list.

Tomorrow night I'm going to finish up those Valentine's Day vests I started so I can get them checked off the list and prevent them from becoming a UFO until next year.

Looks like my "funk" may be starting to pass, so I'm going to take advantage of the energy and get stuff DONE!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Monday, and a fabulous week to come!
    ~ Rosie ~

Shop: It's Coming Up Rosie

~ The "Dream Team" ~
    "Penny" - Brother VQ2400" ~ "Leia" - Brother PR655 6-Needle Embroidery Machine
    "Rosie" - Viking Eden Rose 250C ~ "Pearl" - Viking Designer SE LE
    "Thor" - Juki TL-2010Q ~ ~ "Sally" - Singer ProFinish Serger ~

Re: WIP: Week of 3/2/15

Well, I started putting my fabric on the magazine boards. I was sure I'd get sick of it after the 1st 100 boards but it looks so good I have to keep going. Don't know why I am procrastinating doing some longarm quilting. I have at least 6 tops that need to be quilted for gifts.
    sigpicAnita G.

Comment

Rosie, good to see you back in the swing of things again. Love that little bag and the tute you found.

Anita, I think the roll you are on will pay off. Sounds like it is giving you lots of satisfaction. Maybe you just needed a time out from the long arm. 6 quilts would overwhelm me, I am only up to 3, but I do not have a long arm. LOL

As for me, well, I finally got the strip sets subcut and bagged up last night on the Mystery Quilt 2....was hoping to get that done last week, but some flu bug and family drama slowed me down. Doesn't look like I will get clue 2 done before clue 3 comes out, but better late than never, right?
      No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
      Aesop

Comment

I have 5 wedges ..that's 1/2 the pythagora wedges done now.
        001 (4).jpg
        sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
        Time spent with cats is never wasted.
        Sigmund Freud

Comment

I need to put borders on the hummingbird quilt. I have started sewing the "man cave" quilt together. I should get both of those finished up this week.

Then I'm going to take a little bit to make a baby quilt....those are fun to make. It will have cute little fat monkeys on it.

I think I'm going to get my Bailey on the frame this week and begin practicing with it. I ordered a long arm tape measure & hummingbird pantograph and they won't be shipped until around the 12th, because one of them is out of stock, so I have time to practice on the frame.

Well that's probably all I can get done this week.
          Shirley aka buckeyequilter
          I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

Boss cat2015.jpg

Gotta finish up these QAYG blocks... I hate being nagged.
            Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
            :icon_wave:

Comment

This week is all about the batiks, working on the quilt for my bed. I'll have to get as much done this week, since next week we'll be cleaning and child proofing the house in preparation for the grand kids coming for a few days.

Katrina
              Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
              ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Definitely need to get going on hubby's hand quilting. Now that the frustration from sandwiching that monster is done I can look at it again LOL.
                Niko's quilt sigh, still needs the binding sewn on.

Those are the 2 big projects that need to get done. Maybe I'm in a little slump from being a little ill but feeling recharged and ready to sew again.
                sigpicQuilter since 2013.

Comment

Ihve quilted 4 quilts that have been sitting there for abt 4 months have one more to do that are basted and ready to go on my sit down long arm. Just need to get binding put on them. Going to tend my great nieces thurs through sun, want to have something to do while there

Comment

Morning Ladies!

Jess, nice bag there!
                    Anita, sometimes you just have to have some "little" job for a mind reset, and it sounds as though it was the perfect choice for you to do. With me, organizing seems to make the backed up jobs and new projects go smoother and swifter.
                    Fran, hope you had a great birthday!
                    Iris, wow that block is um, intimidating, awesome and a major hats off to you!
                    Shirley, I can tell you are champing at the bit to get the Bailey on the frame, and that "monkey" baby quilt sounds adorable! The Hummingbird and Man Cave (wow, that sounds like a book title or something, LOL) will see some excellent results!
                    Judy, LOL, too cute!
                    Katrina, ewww batiks, now that's spelling fun right there!
                    Amy, glad you're feeling better, and now that you've decided how to handle the Walking quilt, it'll progress smoothly for ya!
                    Celia, can you come to my house and do all my binding, k? LOL!

Mission accomplished, matching fabric found for the geese, and additional fabric for the dulcimer quilt found. Feet picked up from the dealer for couching, tailor's chalk, Chaco pencils, Creative Grid rulers etc arrived (had to laugh one ruler came from Hobby Lobby and the box was HUGE, inside was this tiny package that was1/4 inch seam marker!!)and will be busy finishing, drawing, coordinating, etc before I plunge into cutting and project set up. But it's all good. Today is cleaning/tidying up my sewing space before I get to work. OH OH!!!, and I found the table I've been in search of for months! At the Handyman's house for retrofitting my machine into, along with 1/4 sheet of Lexan. I can't wait for that to be done! It even matches my Mission style antique library table I have my computers on! WOOT! Have a great day y'all!
                    What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Comment

Those enormous packages for tiny things crack me up. Another giggle from the packers who put peanuts or air bags into envelopes/ packages of fabric or batting--It won't break, people!
                      Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Granny Judy View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]102809[/ATTACH]

Gotta finish up these QAYG blocks... I hate being nagged.
                        Showed this pic to Buddy and he said your helper is doing a great job. I love the QAYG colors you have chosen. Gives me a great idea and since it has been cat approved I know it will work. LOL
                        No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                        Aesop

Comment

I have started on my March UFO for the 2015 Finishing Group. It is a set of 8 placemats for ME! Four are in a green colorway, and the other four are in browns. I am working on the greens right now. I did the basting and SITD, and then was at a loss as to what other quilting to do. The fabric is so pretty, that I really didn’t want to put anything on top of it. But it did need some more quilting. I’ve done some straight line stitching on two, and that looks good. I am going to try out a ‘new to me’ spiral design on the other two. I am hoping the spiral will not take away from the fabric. (There is always the seam ripper!)

Jess – That bionic bag is great. Your friend will be very happy.
                          MomGram – How is the organization coming along?
                          Granny Fran – hope everyone is feeling better by now and that the drama has subsided.
                          Iris – The pythagora quilt is looking fantastic.
                          Shirley – You have a lot to get done this week!
                          Judy – Quilt as you go is something I want to try this year. You have a wonderful helper to keep you on task!
                          Katrina – “its all about the batiks……no solids” (sung to “It’s all about the bass!)
                          Amy – Hubby’s quilt is going to be awesome! I hope you are going to save yourself some time and completely machine attach the binding to Niko’s quilt. Glad you are feeling better!
                          Celliam – Great idea to work on the binding while you are taking care of your great nieces. Have fun with those girls.
                          Carrie - Wow! Fabrics found, necessary tools available, and a table for your machine. Your sewing room is going to be smokin’.
                          If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Ok, prelim design for the ArkLaDulciFest commission in July, simple, speedy and matches their logo colors.

2004-03-02 00.17.55.jpg

That DP9 is a winner, and F......A.....S.....T!!

AND a PITB to keep track off when first starting, ROFL!
                            What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Comment

Carrie J I like it

So... here we GO!

preparing to sew the rows.jpg

As you can see this bed serves for a lot of purposes I decided the disposition of the blocks now I can start to sew so I hope to have the top ready today. Or tomorrow at last. I really want to see it DONE!
                              My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Comment

Working...
                              X