Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIP 2/24/15. New week new treasures made!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIP 2/24/15. New week new treasures made!

Hello ladies!
    So, my goals this week is to finish Niko's and get a good amount done on quilting hubby's. I was hoping to get it done for his birthday tomorrow but didn't happen.

However, we found a bandana printed with a map of texas (his birthplace) so I'm going to border it and quilt it up today and tomorrow so he can have a surprise wall hanging for his side of the "office". It should fit under the longhorn skull type thingie my parents bought him from hobby lobby.
    Shhh, don't tell!!! :P

Can't wait to see all the beauties or thoughts about beauties this week
    sigpicQuilter since 2013.

Re: WIP 2/24/15. New week new treasures made!

I can't wait to see...be sure to post pictures.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I'll finish the SITD on the quilt I am making. The stitching is going down both sides of the sashing. That is enough quilting for the batting requirements, but I am trying to decide if I want to do any more quilting. Right now, I am thinking about either an all over large spiral, or just Xs inside the center blocks. Any suggestions? Here is a picture of the quilt top.

P2220001.jpg
      If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Sylvia, it's really pretty! The fabric makes me think of calm outdoor mountain home, "simple" quietude. I'm not sure about more quilting.

Comment

Sylvia, I wouldn't X it up. If you are up to it, why not quilt just in the inner borders of each square? Otherwise I think it looks good as is.
          No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
          Aesop

Comment

Worked on redoing the borders of my One Block Wonder yesterday. Got to redo a seam and quilt it. I have another project I need to get back to, so the quilting may need to wait. It is basically a Christmas quilt (done late), so I have some time.

Sylvia, I love the quilt. Agree not to "x" it up. It is too soft and pretty. Something minimal and light.

FedEx is holding my Featherweight hostage!! It has sat in the FedEx distribution center in Salem, Virginia since Friday for a "weather exception." I understand snow in the south delays things and maybe it wasn't safe to drive 2 1/2 hours here Friday. The thing is that all of our snow melted Sunday and the UPS trucks (also out of Salem) ran here yesterday. Roads were fine. Now it is snowing again with more predicted for Wed. night. We do not get snow all that often, but the minute I get a Featherweight off Ebay, it pours.

This featherweight has traveled all over to get here. I am thinking of naming her "Gypsy" due to all the wandering around and "camping out" (being stuck in Salem). I am just hoping this "Gypsy" has a sweet nature and responds well when sewing!
            Last edited by Lightwriter; February 24th, 2015, 08:34 AM.
            Connie

Our lives are like quilts – bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Comment

I have a D9P to layer and quilt, and a Patches and Pinwheels to border, layer, and quilt. I'm in the planning stage for a Churn Dash/Shoo Fly combo and a Pheobe's Flower Box (mine will be Lizzy's Flower Garden). I'm also working on a new mystery quilt--second clue on Saturday. We'll see what happens this week--since we've had so many cancellations, I moved the due dates for student essays from tomorrow to Monday, so no grading this weekend--Yay!
              Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Comment

Morning Ladies! Another week, and March will be coming in like a lion here!

Amy, clever idea with the bandana, and I love those silly things, thanks to a heads up from Leah on them, have been collecting them!
                Sylvia, if your batting requirements are good with it, I wouldn't put anymore quilting on the squares. It's beautiful as it is!

Off for coffee, then making and herding more geese, LOL! Have been having a blast making them, and this idea has been zooming around my brain for a loooooong time. Hope everyone has a great day!
                What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Comment

Well, texas wallhanging is done already!! I sewed like a woman on a mission. It's wrapped in a gift bag and ready for tomorrow!!
                  Pic in show and tell.
                  What a rush from this quick project! I feel like rocky on the stairs!!!

Comment

Posted my comforter cover in Show and Tell. http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sho...-pictures.html
                    And I made myself a massage appointment. So in need of some healing!

Comment

I am working on 2 quilts and hope to have the tops finished this week-end.
                      Shirley aka buckeyequilter
                      I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

Just posting to quickly say hi, wish recoveries and congratulate for nice works. I'm back from a short vacation in Barcelona and am in serious need of SLEEP. I only bought a couple of yards of fabrics and FQs, but DH and I had a blast with our friends there. I might post pics tomorrow. If I don't sleep in.

Comment

Welcome back Lourixe!!

I am started on the Stars & stripes. I have to say these strips are boring. I will post a picture tomorrow.

Comment

Claire, your pics look nice. I like the way you mixed up your blocks.
                            Since I am working super long days, and giving more classes at night these past few weeks, I am behind you all. I have a flannel baby receiving blanket to add the child's name and birth day into this week.( Friday might be a free- er day for me). I am planning in my mind- so it almost counts as quilting- a lap quilt for an aunt who is terminal. I want to get it done asap. My brother orange Batics Garden Twist quilt is waiting to be quilted, so now it is a real UFO, but not for long. I am just dreaming of the designs I will quilt it with. Nite all, happy sewing.

Comment

Amy really cool job on the Texas wallhanging!!! Very, very nicely done! Am sure your Hubs will love it!
                              Claire, not a thing there that I didn't think was fabulous work! Love that pillow, wow!
                              Shirley, looks like we are at about the same stage (well close anyway, lol), hoping to do the Big star and the Dutchman this weekend too!
                              Lourixe, so good to see you back on! Sounds like you had a mah-velous time! Glad you're back and get some rest!
                              Carah, awwww, sorry for the "boring", looking forward to the pics though!
                              Meghan, Lordy girl, sounds like you've been burning the candle at both ends! Sounds like you NEED some sewing time for sure!! Whew!
                              Leah, are you in a sleep coma? I'm hoping you got a chance to catch up on some sleep. All kidding aside, hope things are better for you and the kiddo!

Still merrily sewing along on the gooses, and didn't realize I had the perfect flannel backing socked away for it! Made my day when it dawned on me I had it.........happy dance! Very enjoyable day sewing, and more thru the weekend. Though we've had our February visit from Old Man Winter, it was perfect timing for being industriously seated at the sewing machine!
                              Last edited by Carrie J; February 24th, 2015, 08:15 PM.
                              What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X