Making tote bags for a local children's shelter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Making tote bags for a local children's shelter

I think this photo will be upside down, sorry!

This is a photo of me holding a tote bag to show the size.

Comment

Betsy D...decided I would make some bags and send with the fabric I promised you. Have 18 done and 14 more to put handles on. they go super quick now that I have my system established.

Comment

Betsy,
        Thanks for sharing the dimensions ( and the awesome photos ! ) for the Tote Bags. I am going to cut out some bags tonight and sew them up tomorrow.
        Last edited by redcaboose1717; November 12th, 2014, 09:44 PM.
        Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
        http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Thanks, Patty Lou, thanks everyone, you guys are the best! I am driving to West Frankfort IL on Monday the 17th to drop off some tote bags and other donations (laundry detergent, back packs, fruit juice, etc.) I hope to see Brenda when I go. She is excited about you all making bags!

Comment

mpattylou and I got to meet up today! She brought me a bunch of bags and some fabric to make more bags. Thank you so much, Pat!

Comment

image.jpg

This is all Pat brought Night's Shield!

Comment

Met Betsy today in Carbondale to deliver the tote bags I made for the children's shelter. They are super fast to make and it is a good cause. Also delivered some fabric for her and her helpers to use. I had found some cute kids prints at my local Walmart for $3 per yard...Barbie print, softball print, Cars print, & some other Disney prints.
                It only takes a yard to make one. I cut 32" x WOF for the bag part and use the other 4" x WOF for the straps. Betsy has started a Group if anyone is interested in participating.
                It was good to meet you Betsy. I plan to make some more after Christmas.

Comment

It was so good to meet you too, Pat! Pat made such pretty bags, I just love the fabric. But any fabric you have sitting around works.

I will be making more bags after the holidays too. Once you get things set up, they are quite fast to make! And now we have lots of fabric to work with!

Comment

I drove to West Frankfort IL today (about 45 minute drive) and delivered 30 fabulous tote bags made by mpattylou, thanks, Pat!! And I was told by one of my contacts there that Marianne Kutat from Florida sent some bags via US mail. Thanks, Marianne!

Comment

I took 42 tote bags to Night's Shield yesterday. Many were made with donated fabric, and some were made from beautiful pillowcases shipped directly to me. Brenda also tells me some tote bags were shipped directly to Night's Shield. Thanks, everyone! Brenda reports they have now served over 1100 kids in the six+ years they have been open.

Comment

Thanks to Linda Jackson for sending a box of totes to Night's Shield! Brenda emailed me that they arrived and they are lovely. Thanks so much!

Comment

Working...
                        X